PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out

TRAV05
06-17-2006, 11:23 AM
I JUST PICK MYSELF UP A 2001 400EX, WHAT ARE THE BEST MODS TO GET IF YOU WANTED TO START TO MX RACE, I AM ALSO 18 SO ITS PROBLY AS LITTLE LATE IN THE GAME TO BE STARTING
THANKS

450r51
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
if ur serious about getting into racing then buy some suspension mods.

shocks
a-arms
axle

and i have all that stuff too:p

full lsr/elka lt front end and an lsr axle. pm me.

adrenalinefreak
06-17-2006, 11:38 PM
I have a 400ex and I race the Worcs series which is I guess best put a mixture of MX and XC. I have the Ishock i5500 full front suspension kit and absolutely love it.

I also had Ishock revalve my rear shock for my ride style and weight which made a tremendous difference!!

You can check out there setup at
www.ishock.com

If you call them directly Brad is awesome!

I would also put a pipe on it, jet it, air filter (K&N), Killswitch if you want to race. Nerf Bars are also a must! Good set of tires makes a world of difference as well.

Then all you have to do is get out there and hit the throttle and hold on!

adrenalinefreak
06-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I forgot to mention an ignition or CDI box. Makes a pretty descent difference on the 400ex.

If you don't already have one get an aftermarket fuel/air screw as well. Our fuel screws are not the easiest to adjust and since our quads are not fuel injected you will need to adjust your mixture if you change in elevation. They are worth the money.

Nothing else is coming to mind other than practicing and getting comfortable on it.