PDA

View Full Version : It's Just too Loud!

ShiftFMX
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Ok, As most of you know, I jus got a 330r a few weeks ago, and boy is it loud! A few of my neighbors have started complaining and are the in the process of trying to get a niose ordinance(sp?) on our township! I have a trx-6 pipe on it. Is there anything I can do to make it quieter? Is there a "quiet core" that I could buy, like on 4 strokes??? I think i'm going to repack it too, hopefully that helps!

Mxjunkie
06-17-2006, 11:19 AM
the fmf quiet cores are pretty quiet..

LRD's sound good as hell but they are a little noisey

ShiftFMX
06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Hows the fmf "Q?"

It says its the quietest performance pipe on the market, it says its below 96db's.

Will this pipe be good enough for the 330 motor?

nickmelll
06-17-2006, 11:49 AM
before u buy a silence try repacking it u may see alot of noise reduction there

ShiftFMX
06-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Do you think it will bring it down to 96db's???

xx3003xrdrxx
06-17-2006, 01:49 PM
What you have to realize is that you have a 2 stroke and they echo for miles lol. I hear kids on stock blasters half a mile away :( I dont even start my R where I live .....

Aceman
06-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by nickmelll

^^I agree. Packing is cheap so definitely try that first. It's good to see you're trying to remedy the problem as opposed to some kids who tell their neighbors to f--- off, "that they'll ride their bike no matter how loud it is.":rolleyes: I have an LRD adjustable and holy moses it's pretty loud compared to my 300ex, luckily I ride in the sticks where no one can hear me.

Mxjunkie
06-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
What you have to realize is that you have a 2 stroke and they echo for miles lol. I hear kids on stock blasters half a mile away :( I dont even start my R where I live .....

There's a mx track 1 mile away, I can hear the thumpers perfect cant even hear the 2 strokes lol

coryatver
06-17-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah 4-strokes definitly carry a lot farther! 2 strokes just scream when you are up close! they don't call them thumpers for nothing.

ShiftFMX
06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
I think I might need to buy a new silencer anyways because there is a place about an hour away that I would like to go to, and they require you have a silencer with a spark arrestor and be below 96db's.

firefighterjosh
06-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
^^I agree. Packing is cheap so definitely try that first. It's good to see you're trying to remedy the problem as opposed to some kids who tell their neighbors to f--- off, "that they'll ride their bike no matter how loud it is.":rolleyes: I have an LRD adjustable and holy moses it's pretty loud compared to my 300ex, luckily I ride in the sticks where no one can hear me.

I live out in the contry 10 Miles from the nearest town and my closest neighbor is 1/8 mile away. The house sold and some City people moved in. they got mad at me for riding my banshee (T-6 pipes) I made sure I only rode during the day. Had them shut off by 9pm. they didn't work 3rds. Well that wasn't enough, they said they came to the country for quite. I told them this is my yard I lived here first and I can do what I want when I wait I tried to work with ya if you don't like then move. 1 Month later the house sold and now I have cool neighbors that ride.:D

400exrules
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
try not to ride around your neighborhood often

i have an hmf sport series on my 400ex and its never been re-packed and its pretty old so its loud as sh*t. ive never had any complaints tho, but i usually just make a couple laps around the block at a time whenever im workin on it

06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Hows the fmf "Q?"

It says its the quietest performance pipe on the market, it says its below 96db's.

Will this pipe be good enough for the 330 motor?
If noise is your concern then yes it’s a good silencer.

06-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by nickmelll
Yeah try that before you buy a silencer

06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Do you think it will bring it down to 96db's???
I’m not for sure but I think it will be 97db’s

xtullyx16
06-17-2006, 11:29 PM
how does repacking affect exhausts? do they just quiet them down? anything else?? If an exhaust needs repacked like lets say a power core IV would it affect the top end rpms?

lil400exman
06-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
how does repacking affect exhausts? do they just quiet them down? anything else?? If an exhaust needs repacked like lets say a power core IV would it affect the top end rpms?

you will lose power cause a 2 stroke needs a little backpressure for the pipe to function at its best. espec. a trx-6!:)

fatkid400
06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx

YA!!!! I had a 01 250r with a pc shorty that REALLY annoyed the nieghbors.

mx428
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Don't ride in your yard?

TheFontMaster
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
One of my friends for his 450r took a glass pack, cut about 6 inches out of the middle, welded it back together, and put an old FMF silencer end on it to hook up to the head pipe. It's quiet at idle, but once he gets on the throttle that thing screams!! And yes it has given him really good perormance gains too.