PDA

View Full Version : jetting help

honda250xrider
06-17-2006, 10:00 AM
i've been having issues jetting my quad, its a 406 stroker/ big bore with +2 exhaust valves with +3 intake, fst cam, 13:1 piston... i've tried to run a 40 pilot with needle to the 5th position and 155 main jet it runs fairly well when i get it going, i can get it to start like this but after i get it warmed up it will not start again. i tried going to the stock pilot and it would not start at all... i'm not sure what would cause it not to start up after getting warmed up, but u can pull it and it will start right up so to me its the jetting just i have no idea what to do i've been trying to get this thing dialed in forever.

GPracer2500
06-17-2006, 03:24 PM
[deleted because at first I thought this was a 400EX engine]

GPracer2500
06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
This is a 250X engine, right?

--Where is your fuel screw set?
--What are the engine characteristics when decelerating on a closed throttle from higher RPMs? Is there any sharp, loud popping out of the exhaust?

This might help: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229923

Hard starting on a hot engine (that starts well when cold) often indicates a rich pilot circuit. That's the idea behind hot-start buttons. They're like the opposite of a choke: they lean out the mixture to aid in starting of a hot engine.