PDA

View Full Version : Youth baseball bat question

jst
06-17-2006, 07:31 AM
I am looking to purchase a new bat for my son.I know hw needs to be with me to pick it out but,I am looking for suggestions on brand and modek to start with.Please no comments on the Easton Stealth,I have gone thru 3 of them and they will not warrant anymore.

Hyperwarrior22
06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
TPX Catalyst or however you spell

Tpx makes the best bats i have an EXO and its the best bat ive even owned

400EXtreme
06-17-2006, 11:21 AM
my brother has a demarini its a really nice bat.

4oorider
06-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I would go with any TPX. They make great bats. Been using their bats as long as i can remember. No complaints.

m_townsgreatest
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
yeah TPX and demarini make good bats.

redlineranger
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Easton Stealth

400EXtreme
06-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
Easton Stealth lol guessin you dindt read the hole thing :)

xtremefullbore
06-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I really like the Demarini bats I use it in my American Legion games for Manchester district varsity team and I love the bat..

redlineranger
06-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
lol guessin you dindt read the hole thing :)

nope lol, sorry bout that. well now that i've finally took the time to read the whole thing lol, i would say the TPX would be a good one.

tar
06-18-2006, 01:09 PM
TPX is good a matter of fact I hit my first home run with a TPX

Hondaracing819
06-18-2006, 02:54 PM
TPX Dynasty=Home Run

chunky
06-18-2006, 07:45 PM
When it's little league it depends on if he has alot of bat speed behind his swing, because when I was in little league the Easton Connection bats were always a little heavier, but I had decent bat speed as a 12 year old, so I used a connection. Now that I'm a freshman in High School I still love the plain Easton CXN, not the Stealth. On my Legion baseball team they always get TPX bats, but the TPX bats in little league are a little lighter, I think. I've always liked Connections because they never seem to dent to me. I went through three TPX Omahas in two years because they were denting. The other day during BP at a legion game a kid broke a Demarini Vexxum in half because he hit it where it connects.

jst
06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Bat speed is definately not a problem.Has anyone got any experience with Anderson Bat Co.?Or with the bat called "FREAK"?

xtremefullbore
06-18-2006, 09:16 PM
for little leaguers the Nike Hawk has been a good bat as I have noticed, I use the Demarnini on my baseball team I play Varsity baseball for Manchester and Legion ball for Manchester... I help coach a 10-11 year old leaugue however and they all love the Nike Hawk as it is so light, all bats are good however that are a Nike I mean you cant go wrong with Nike or Easton

DaleJrFan
06-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Chunky is on the money!! Is this machine pitch, t-ball, coach pitch or what? Bat speed is critical. You may have to try a couple of different bats to find a goodone that fits your kid. DeMarini is a good bat but I have seem them dent.

jst
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
My son is 5'2" weight 140 11 yrs old.We are using the Stealth right now,yellow/black.Nearly all hit go left field to center at most.We have excellent bat speed.Cal Ripken all stars starts soon and I am trying to get away from the Stealth.We have a batting cage in our garage at home,he regularly takes 100 pitches a nite average.I am just looking for a bat with that extra "POP!!!"

APK400exRacer
06-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Well ive been playin baseball all my life. Im 16 now playin varsity ball. I have the stiff flex stealth and i must say, it is the worst bat i have ever used. It seems dead at times yet has pop like no other sometimes. The reg flex is a weird bat. It flex's too much for a bat. Personally i would suggest staying with a one piece bat. My next bat will most likely be the TPX EXO Grid. Demarinis are too "barrel heavy" they suck. Stay with a one piece.

chunky
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
The "Freak" that I think your talking about is made by Miken. They make the "Burn" too. From what I understand it is a composite bat, and my expereice with composite bats is you either hit it on the sweet spot, or your not gonna hit it too far. The sweet spot is alost very small on the Burn that a kid had on my highschool team. If bat speed is not a problem like you said I would go with the Easton CXN if they have them for little league. I always loved the Connection when i was in Little League because I could get it around. I had a TPX and I don't know if this sounds right or not, but for some reason my swing almost seemed too fast. When i got a little heavier bat it helped to even me out and I hit alot better. If you use any bat long enough it will dent, and most new bats start with decent pop. It's just my personal preference to go with the Easton bats. I've always liked them.

knighttime
06-19-2006, 10:46 PM
:eek2: :macho :huh

old school