PDA

View Full Version : 400ex not starting?

john.E.business
06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Well today my buddy was riding his ex when he hit a barbwire fence and wiped out it didnt roll or tip but it was banged up and ever since it hasn't fired up wont even turn over??? what would be the cause of this? could it just be the spark plug could be wet or what? anyone else have this issue?

GPracer2500
06-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Won't turn over? You mean the starter doesn't spin the engine?

JOEX
06-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Fuse?

john.E.business
06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
yea the engine wont turn over at all!! as for a fuse thats a possibility where does guy start to look for something like that?

JOEX
06-16-2006, 09:16 PM
If the neutral light works then the fuse is fine.....

Otherwise the fuse is near the battery. To the left of it if I remeber correctly, mines been 'relocated'. There is a white cap that covers it and there will be two 15A fuses in there, one is a spare, I belive it's the one in the back.

john.E.business
06-16-2006, 09:29 PM
thnx a tonne man you just saved our weekend just did that and she fired right up if your ever in edmonton you got a case on me haha thnx again man that just made my week....

JOEX
06-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by john.E.business
thnx a tonne man you just saved our weekend just did that and she fired right up if your ever in edmonton you got a case on me haha thnx again man that just made my week....
Might be worth the trip:D

Happy to help;)

Choppers
06-16-2006, 09:51 PM
well last month went to georgia to ride got there wouldn't start. thought it was my battery so i push started it. got home went and got the new battery and put it in no turn over. come to find out my fuse blew and my battery was a little low so i kept it.

so yes check the fuse first might save you some money.

:)

john.E.business
06-16-2006, 11:58 PM
JOEEX
if u are in our hood no worries u saved a weekend u make this site go guys like u are unreal and thnx again so much u made our weekend thnx again becuse u saved us newbs and ur info has got a new member thnx again ur a lifesaver.....happy quading...honestly took us 5 mins