PDA

View Full Version : slip on for 400

DirtDiggler
08-13-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm almost ready to buy a slip on for my 400. I talked to the guy who is our top local racer that also owns his own shop. He recommended a White Bros E-Series slip on, K&N air filter and carb adjustment. I thought he would say rejet but he said it isn't necessary with that pipe. So here are my questions.

1. Is there a more powerful slip on that I can run?

2. If I get a more powerful slip on but put a silencer and spark arrestor on it will I be right back to the hp numbers of the White Bros E-Series anyways?

I'm no mechanic I just like to ride:confused:

Nausty
08-13-2002, 09:13 PM
1. I think tc racing is better but i'm think you should pry rejet either way. the tc racing slip on is cheaper if I remember right also.

darrell43031
08-13-2002, 09:19 PM
i would say that guy hit the nail on the head. white brothers e-series is in my opinion the best you can get. after you put the pipe on you can really tell a difference. after you do all the things he tells you it will be a major difference in power. and as far as the spark arrester and silencer your going to put on it will rob the power a little bit. but you will still have more get up and go then your stock pipe. my buddy has just done this mod. this to his 400 and it made a total difference in the bike. both him and i notice it has alot more on take off and plus a little difference in the top in. so do the modifacations he told you to do and you will notice a difference

Stunz
08-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Yoshi!

Maryland 400EX
08-14-2002, 07:58 AM
Whats the HP difference between the E-Series slip on and the E-series pipe? Would it be better to grind the welds on the stock header wit the slip on than the whole E-series pipe horsepowerwise?

flaneledholes
08-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Maryland 400EX
Whats the HP difference between the E-Series slip on and the E-series pipe? Would it be better to grind the welds on the stock header wit the slip on than the whole E-series pipe horsepowerwise?

Ya grind out the welds until you get ready to start serious motor work...

Hondaguy
08-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Yoshi or white bros.