PDA

View Full Version : cr500 in a trx250r frame....

Hondaboy007
06-16-2006, 07:20 PM
i have a rolling chassis and need to spank some banshees. my buddy will sell me his cr500 engine......where do i start.....please help i really wanna do this.....

TheFontMaster
06-16-2006, 08:05 PM
No you don't want to do that. It will be constantly breaking the frame, and it will vibrate like nothing else. The CR500 mod is really only meant for drag racing, or hill shooting. Your much better off getting a big bore top end for your 250r motor.

zedicus00
06-16-2006, 08:20 PM
do to the torque and other things of that engine the suck for drag racing... ive seen 1 cr500 drag quad for every 10 cr500 play quads.... dont tell him he doesnt want to do it, help him or dont.

use an 86 r frame mount the motor with the swingarm bolt make new front motor mounts. build some delrin or polyurathane bolt bushings for the bolts on the motor have the frame gueseted and the crank trued. get an anti vibe stem. the hardest part is the pipe. i would just find a big bore 250R pipe and make it fit... dont get a crome one cuz you will need to do a couple small cuts to it.

TheFontMaster
06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm helping him by saving him time and money on this. I don't mean to flame, but just about everything I have ever read about the CR500 conversion is a negative one. I honestly think he would be better off with a big bore top end for his 250r, a 330 or bigger. It would also save him money because he won't have to re-work the whole bottom end and get it ballanced and all that.

matt250r21
06-16-2006, 09:37 PM
CR500 sounds like a sweet idea, I always wanted to do one as well. But everything I have heard has been negative as well. I think it would be best for you to get a 350 PV topend kit so you won't have to do a lot of fabracation and deal with massive vibration from the non counterbalanced motor. I mean stock frames crack with the R motor, with the CR500 you better get a TIG welder too.