View Full Version : to do or not to do

250x_kyle
06-16-2006, 02:24 PM
well i just got an 02 400ex not to long ago. im going to b e 16 next year so ill have to get a car. but i think my parents are going to give me one of there cars adn get a new one... my mom hates what she has now. any ways i was thinken about buing 450r parts over the winter and starting a 450r build up and sell my 400ex to get a motor for it what do ya think about that

Scro
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
To me, it sounds like one of those projects that takes forever to complete. At the start, you're all excited and enthusiastic about building a quad. Then a couple months into it, lol, you're like... damn...WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO:mad::p Trust me, I've been there.

But, if you really wanted to do it...I say go for it. Just think about it first.

GPracer2500
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
To me, it sounds like one of those projects that takes forever to complete. At the start, you're all excited and enthusiastic about building a quad. Then a couple months into it, lol, you're like... damn...WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO:mad::p Trust me, I've been there.

But, if you really wanted to do it...I say go for it. Just think about it first.

That's good advice. I've been there too. It's easy to bite off more than you can chew. And, it's always more expensive than you planned on.

250x_kyle
06-16-2006, 06:45 PM
yes yes, lol ive got all of this advise before but ive been wanting to build a 450 for the past few years as in since they came out lol. i know what u mean but im planing on getting into mx in a few years so i figured that would give me time to get it built and ready to ride for practice... plus about that time my bro will be getting his quad so illl b ready to teach him some stuff lol... hes older than me but not the best rider haha. anyways if i get into problems i have friends that know alot about them and if i get into a mess they can help me out. my friends bro tore down his yfz and was to lazy to put it back together so my friend was bored one night had a couple buddys put the aarms on while he put the motor in . there twins so they can get anoying lol. so they can help and i have a guy i work for that builds quads sometimes but right now he doesnt have one (darn kids of his lol) thanks for the info but im going to go for it