PDA

View Full Version : sign seatbelt petition PLEASE!!!

plooster
06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Please, just read this. It makes a lot of sense.
We shouldn't be punishing people for making a choice that will only affect them. They should put DUI, aggressive driving, and speeding before seatbelts.

Even if you do wear your seat belt all the time, god bless you, but this country is supposed to be the "home of the free". Let others have a choice too.
Thanks

sign petition please (www.petitiononline.com/nobelt49/petition.html )

tp300ex
06-16-2006, 01:39 PM
over here u do get in truble for it:huh

MOFO
06-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by plooster
Please, just read this. It makes a lot of sense.
We shouldn't be punishing people for making a choice that will only affect them. They should put DUI, aggressive driving, and speeding before seatbelts.

I suggest you do your research. It DOES affect everyone, especially the ones that pay their medical insurance. :rolleyes:

Your a fool if you dont wear your seat belt!

zeppelin
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I suggest you do your research. It DOES affect everyone, especially the ones that pay their medical insurance. :rolleyes:

thank you!

most people never even think about that kind of stuff and its so hard to explain it to them that most of the time i just give up.

oh and tp it is against the law but its just rarely enforced around here.

parkers30
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Illinois is on a big seat belt enforcement kick right now, not that it bothers me. I always wear mine, although I do know a couple people that would not be alive today HAD they been wearing their seat belt, but those people are few and far between.

BlasterEaten250
06-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
Illinois is on a big seat belt enforcement kick right now, not that it bothers me. I always wear mine, although I do know a couple people that would not be alive today HAD they been wearing their seat belt, but those people are few and far between. yep, "click it, don't ticket" :p

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 03:03 PM
We've had mandatory seat belt laws for years and years now .... pretty big fines and the loss of 6 points for not wearing one .

As they say , Seat Belts Save Lives ... it's as simple as that .

DieselBoy
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I aint signin that. I don't care if you don't want to wear a seatbelt, its safety, and if you can't shut up and buckle up then you should not drive, PERIOD.

Warnerade
06-16-2006, 04:01 PM
its an online petition...that will get no one anywhere on any topic...you are a fool for promoting it.

ELewandowski
06-16-2006, 04:47 PM
I agree that its a stupid law, BUT your an idiot to drive or ride in a car without your belt on. People that dont wear it, aren't gonna change because of the law, they dont care, and all these seatbelt stings they are doing at main intersections around here, are causing huge traffic back-ups, can't they do something more contructive, like go after people committing REAL crimes.

06-16-2006, 05:52 PM
God I hate "Click it or ticket." Because they'll randomly pull you over to check now here in Olney. Luckily, I haven't been driving much lately, but I've had alot of friends that have gotten pulled over because of it.

initall
06-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Truthfully it does effect other people.

Like us firefighters that have to clean up after a car accident. Or our insurance premiums.

PolarisRider
06-16-2006, 07:07 PM
I aint signing that crap. I probably wouldnt be here if it werent for my seat belt. What do you think they made seat belts for anyways? A decorative thing you wear to make you look fancy when you driving? No. Seat belts save lives man.

400exrules
06-16-2006, 07:32 PM
think of it as wearin a helmet...JUST DO IT!!!

quad2xtreme
06-16-2006, 07:40 PM
check your life insurance policy too. Many have a clause that if you get killed in an automobile accident without wearing a seatbelt then they don't have to pay your beneficiary. Basically, you cancelled out your insurance policy.

/Jon

MOFO
06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
check your life insurance policy too. Many have a clause that if you get killed in an automobile accident without wearing a seatbelt then they don't have to pay your beneficiary. Basically, you cancelled out your insurance policy.

/Jon

...if only health insurance company's would grow a set and take this stand!

My wife is in the health insurance industry/medical industry and she fully supports ideas like this.

06-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

yes sir

bulkdriverlp
06-16-2006, 09:57 PM
around here the cops stand on the curb at a stop light with 3 patroll cars nearby, look for unbelted suckers and radio them in. chase cars get em within a block

JOEX
06-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I remember many many years ago I needed to drive in to back yard without even going onto the public road to load up my dirt bike. Didn't even notice I put the seatbelt on until I got out:p

Once you start doing it on a regualr basis it becomes a natural habit.

DieselBoy
06-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by initall
Truthfully it does effect other people.

Like us firefighters that have to clean up after a car accident. Or our insurance premiums.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!!!

Ralph
06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
i dont think this accident would have felt too pretty if i didnt have my belt on!

06-16-2006, 11:30 PM
You have your ups and downs with a seatbelt. I know people who wrecked, and had they been wearing their seatbelt..They'd be dead. But then I have other friends who did wear their seatbelts and they are still alive because of it. I am a supporter of wearing seatbelts because without one, I'd probably be paralyzed from the neck down. (Hint, airbags DO save you when you're wearing your seatbelt)

06-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
i dont think this accident would have felt too pretty if i didnt have my belt on!

I had a wreck similar to that. Brakes locked up, and my Ranger went into the back of a big Dodge and destroyed the front. Good thing it was a rebuilt Dodge because I'd probably be dead if the frame hadn't been rebent before.

300extreme#8
06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
after i had my wreck, i just thank the good Lord i had my seatbelt on when i wrecked.. i still dont believe i should have made it, when the door flew open and it flipped and when it rolled on it's side my head was inbetween the door and the truck with the truck on my head, and to get out with a broken arm and hand.. i always wear mine... yea yea they need to get more into the duis and what not, but they cant stop it b/c places will always have beer and what not forsale and they cant always catch the ones on the road.. but if u catch one on the road b/c the came into ur lane and hit u head on, i pray that u have ur seatbelt on if it were to happen.. it's just safe, it dont take nothin to buckle up and it dont affect u none, so y r u complaining

Quad18star
06-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I remember many many years ago I needed to drive in to back yard without even going onto the public road to load up my dirt bike. Didn't even notice I put the seatbelt on until I got out:p

Once you start doing it on a regualr basis it becomes a natural habit.

Thats exactly what happens . After a while of doing it , it just becomes a natural thing .

My dad never used to wear one ...... now he clicks it as soon as he gets in .

honda400ex68b
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
i am glad i was wearing mine. i hit a tractor & trailer going the 55 mph head-on and just had a few cuts on my face from glass. one of the stupid laws they passed, in my opinion, is the no helmet law for motorcycles. you can ride down the street with no helmet, but don't you dare get in your car without a seatbelt.

Mxjunkie
06-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b
i am glad i was wearing mine. i hit a tractor & trailer going the 55 mph head-on and just had a few cuts on my face from glass. one of the stupid laws they passed, in my opinion, is the no helmet law for motorcycles. you can ride down the street with no helmet, but don't you dare get in your car without a seatbelt.

Belive it or not, studys proved that the riders are more aware without a helmet on then with a helmet. Hence the reason ABATE of PA went to harrisburg in PA and got the law lifted now.

As far as seat belts, I usually never wear mine because a good friend of the family had a son that was in a car accident, He wore his seat belt no one else did. He died the rest flew out of the car when it rolled.

honda400ex68b
06-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Belive it or not, studys proved that the riders are more aware without a helmet on then with a helmet. Hence the reason ABATE of PA went to harrisburg in PA and got the law lifted now.

As far as seat belts, I usually never wear mine because a good friend of the family had a son that was in a car accident, He wore his seat belt no one else did. He died the rest flew out of the car when it rolled.

more aware of what they are about to hit before they die?

06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
This is not a anti seatbelt petition.

It is a petition for less goverment BS laws to restrain us. If you are over 18 you should chose whether you want to wear or seatbelt or be an idiot and not. Let darwinism work its course.

This is a free country and if you do want to wear your seatbelt you should not have to. It does not affect anyone but yourself. Parents should make their child buckle up under 18 because they are too young to know better.

And for the BS that not buckling up does affect us because of insurance premiums, if you go by that theory then everything technically affects us. People who do not wear helmets effect us because of insurance. All the medical lawsuits affect us.

If you want to be an idiot and not wear a seatbelt that is your choice. I hate that law. I buckle up every time but people can make up their own decisions in this country. We do not need Uncle Sam telling us what to do.

Jekyl_22
06-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Well said...

GPracer2500
06-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Cron
...People who do not wear helmets effect us because of insurance. All the medical lawsuits affect us....

That's right. They do.

Right or wrong, government BS or not, there should be laws, there shouldn't be laws--none of that changes the reality. We are all part of various systems within society (insurance, public safety services, etc.) and hence forth what affects one of us affects all of us. There just isn't a way to get around that.

DieselBoy
06-17-2006, 10:50 PM
As if insurance and accident's aren't high enough already, you want to remove the seatbelt law so those already wreckless, rebelious F-holes on the road can drive without a seatbelt, SCREW UP MY OPPERTUNITY TO AFFORD INSURANCE WHEN THEY CRASH, and make the firemen and paramedics scoop their stupid guts off the highway cause they didn't feel the need to be restrained in there vehicle. You say not wearing a seatbelt can save your life? I call horse-SH1T. when you impact the rear of a friggin SUV in a car what naturally happens? you are thrown TOWARD the impact, and with no restraints, you struck with such force and blast your body through the windshield and are dead as eff on impact. Simply if you can't buckle up, DONT DRIVE. :mad:

Also when your vehicle rolls. What happens? no seatbelt? you flop around like a ragdoll, thrown out of the safest possible place to be, and the results are fatal.

That's about as stupid as riding supercross without a helmet/protective gear.

06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I know someone that would HAVE died if he had his seatbelt on. And to add to it, if he hadn't been drunk he would of died also. Since he was drunk, he was relaxed and when he went into the ditch and rolled, he slumped over into the passenger seat. The top of the car bent down and they had to use the jaws of life to get him out. Now, if he had his seatbelt on or NOT been drunk..He wouldn't be living, now would he?

DieselBoy
06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
I know someone that would HAVE died if he had his seatbelt on. And to add to it, if he hadn't been drunk he would of died also. Since he was drunk, he was relaxed and when he went into the ditch and rolled, he slumped over into the passenger seat. The top of the car bent down and they had to use the jaws of life to get him out. Now, if he had his seatbelt on or NOT been drunk..He wouldn't be living, now would he?

had he not been drunk behind the wheel of a f___kn car he wouldnt have went into a ditch and rolled, now would he?:huh

xtremefullbore
06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
why not where a seatbelt it take 5 seconds to put it on and you cant even feel it on you too much, I mean if you wanna die dont wear a seat belt in case of a wreck... my sisters always wore there seat belts but 1 time they forgot and they got in a bad accident and got alot worse conditions then if they would of been wearing a seat belt, still werent bad conditions just concusion and bleeding but they prolly would have been just scratches with a seatbelt. CLICK IT OR TICKET

06-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
had he not been drunk behind the wheel of a f___kn car he wouldnt have went into a ditch and rolled, now would he?:huh

lol OMG THATS FUNNY!!!!!

plooster
06-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Cron
This is not a anti seatbelt petition.

It is a petition for less goverment BS laws to restrain us. If you are over 18 you should chose whether you want to wear or seatbelt or be an idiot and not. Let darwinism work its course.

This is a free country and if you do want to wear your seatbelt you should not have to. It does not affect anyone but yourself. Parents should make their child buckle up under 18 because they are too young to know better.

And for the BS that not buckling up does affect us because of insurance premiums, if you go by that theory then everything technically affects us. People who do not wear helmets effect us because of insurance. All the medical lawsuits affect us.

If you want to be an idiot and not wear a seatbelt that is your choice. I hate that law. I buckle up every time but people can make up their own decisions in this country. We do not need Uncle Sam telling us what to do.
Very well said

NorCalRacer
06-18-2006, 10:31 AM
OK, let's make seatbelt waivers. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt you should get a waiver, It should read

I am a dumbass. I think I am invincible. I don't need my seatbelt, nor should medical personell try to help me when I get in a collision. My insurance should cover any damage I do to others, but no-one else's insurance is responsible for any damage done to me. An ambulance is not necessary as I have already expressed no desire for self-preservation. Please leave me at the scene of the wreck as I am so bad-*** nothing can hurt me.

STFU, It does affect everyone. I've had good friends die because of other drivers. I've been creamed by an old lady who stomped her gas like Jeff Gordon while she was merging into traffic. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt move to Mexico:rolleyes: I'm sick of paying the way for dumbasses!

MOFO
06-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

BS!

Ed Rendel saw about 250,000 votes (people who wanted the helmet law retracted)...it was a pure politcal move! Also it makes you more aware? Of what? The people you can't see or the people that can't see YOU when they cut your off or switch lanes into you? Give me a break... :rolleyes: Not wearing a helmet does NOT give you faster reflexes of something you can't predict or see coming! Also you can get helmets that do NOT affect your visability one bit...

You never wear your selt belt? Your a fool... as simple as that. Your story you provide, if it is valid/true is a very unique situation. Also if you ride in a vehicle with airbags, your only making it worse by not using a seat belt... thats a fact.

I dont mean to be harsh, however I hate seeing kids that think they are Mr Toughguy and wearing seatbelts are for wimps. This type of thinking will land you in your grave much sooner than planned.

Accidents happen no matter how good of a driver/rider you are. Thats why they are called "accidents".

rockman
06-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok I always wear my seatbelt, everywhere. I signed the petition but not because i think people shouldn't wear their seatbelt. You have to look at this in a much larger picture. What is our government doing, they are trying to control us. Yes people SHOULD ALWAYS wear a seatbelt, but if we are a so called FREE country no one should have any right to tell us what to do in our own cars. That is what is referred to as a DICTATORSHIP. This is about more than just a seatbelt law. Where will it end, the government will just keep coming up with new laws to control our daily lives. I tell you what I'm on the verge of leaving this place and its our bull**** excuse for a so-called government. Sorry to rant, but This kind of crap really pisses me off. Its just like the presidential election. Yes there is a popular vote, but in the end who makes the decision. The electoral college. I can't remember the exact number but i thinks around 5 times in our history the electoral college selected the loser of the popular vote. That means the president was not who the PEOPLE chose. So whats the point of having an election if it doesn't matter what our opinion is? Ask yourself that. I'm done.

midnight
06-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by rockman
Ok I always wear my seatbelt, everywhere. I signed the petition but not because i think people shouldn't wear their seatbelt. You have to look at this in a much larger picture. What is our government doing, they are trying to control us. Yes people SHOULD ALWAYS wear a seatbelt, but if we are a so called FREE country no one should have any right to tell us what to do in our own cars. That is what is referred to as a DICTATORSHIP. This is about more than just a seatbelt law. Where will it end, the government will just keep coming up with new laws to control our daily lives. I tell you what I'm on the verge of leaving this place and its our bull**** excuse for a so-called government. Sorry to rant, but This kind of crap really pisses me off. Its just like the presidential election. Yes there is a popular vote, but in the end who makes the decision. The electoral college. I can't remember the exact number but i thinks around 5 times in our history the electoral college selected the loser of the popular vote. That means the president was not who the PEOPLE chose. So whats the point of having an election if it doesn't matter what our opinion is? Ask yourself that. I'm done.
well put in my opinion,I agree with ya

derekhonda
06-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I got a seatbelt ticket about 2 weeks ago. They patrol it around Indiana.

PismoLocal
06-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Not wearing a seat belt in a car is just as dumb as riding your quad with out a helmet.

JOEX
06-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Regarding the argument about allowing people to decide for themselves what they should and shouldn't do about personal safety...

I agree 100% IF every single person accepted that responsibilty instead of blaming someone else for their poor judgment and winning thousands and millions of dollars through the court system.

But there will be thousands of jobs lost...... A large percentage of laywers and those who make warning labels:ermm:

400exstud
06-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't be here without my seat belt. I won't move my truck unless everybody in it is buckled.

LittleMissE
06-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Agreed!!! and I also agree with the post about after being 18 making your own chose!!! Everytime I get in a car whether I am driving or someone else is I wear my seat beat!!! Sometimes I dont even relize I put it on until its time to get out of the car and I unbuckle!!! I think that it is a good Idea to buckle and people should just do it you never know whats going to happen while your driving!!! You may be the best driver in the world but there are idiots out there that cant drive and they could run into you at anytime and then your life could be gone!!! I am like most people I have heard of seat belts saving lives and seltbeats killing people(the people that get trap and it may have been better if they would have been tosed out*i dont know that it would be better*)! And like one person said my dad use to never wear his seat belt but now he does!!!

250xridamatt
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM

Why dont you just go then? I'd much rather live in a country that makes you wear a seatbelt, than a place that is in constant civil war, or somewhere that has no food. Go live in a dump in some 3rd world country and see how long it takes you to change your mind about living here.

06-18-2006, 07:56 PM

Where in the Constitution does it say that "Freedom to choose to wear your seatbelt or not." It's not really a law, it's a way the country is saying "Better be safe than sorry." Why is murder illegal? Why is tax evasion illegal? It's a free country. Darwin's theory on Survival of the Fittest kind of reflects to this. Let all the people who are smart enough to wear their seatbelts not be sent to the grave earlier than expected.

Warnerade
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
people who think you should have the right to choose after your 18 becuase before that, you dont understand..just shut up. That is one of the most assanine things i've read here in a while. When you turn 18...a person wearing a robe and a wizard hat doesnt fly into your bedroom window and give you all kinds of enlightment...I know plenty of kids under the age of 18 that are 10x brighter than those who are. This "well im 18 now, io can decie for myself" is just ridiculous.

rockman
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
lets see here...
250xridamatt - 16
MrMan - 16

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but i wanted to say something. You guys can't even vote yet, therefore it leads me to assume that you are not fully aware of what it is like in the "real" world. You probably still live with your parents. Once you are out on your own, and have had a taste of what its like, then come talk to me about MY OWN opinions, which is what they are, my own. It really is sad how easily all the kids on this forum go on flaming people for their beliefs and opinions.

<DRS>GPF
06-19-2006, 07:04 PM
i wear my seatbelt all the time, but only because its law..

it should be my choice..
everyone under 18 = required..
everyone over 18 = your own descretion..

or perhaps even being treated like the "stop sign on the country road scenario".. enforce the law in the event of an accident..

non-seatbelted motorists dont cause accidents.. overconfident, complacent, unaware motorists do..

*this kinda sounds like a gun law argument.. better not go there..
:rolleyes:*

LittleMissE
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
people who think you should have the right to choose after your 18 becuase before that, you dont understand..just shut up. That is one of the most assanine things i've read here in a while. When you turn 18...a person wearing a robe and a wizard hat doesnt fly into your bedroom window and give you all kinds of enlightment...I know plenty of kids under the age of 18 that are 10x brighter than those who are. This "well im 18 now, io can decie for myself" is just ridiculous.

I think that parents( and I think alot do) should make there kids wear seatbelts when they are little so that when they are over 18 it doesnt bother them to put there seltbelts on!!! If you think about laws alot of teens break them and they go against what there parents say so telling people over the age of 18 right after they got all there freedom from parents to wear a seatbelt is not a good idea b/c teenagers hate fallowing the rules and since they hate fallowing they are just going to break them and then get pulled over and then break it over and over again!!!

400exrules
06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027

ehhh, you'll feel differently when your 18.....one day young son your time will come......one day:cool:

rockman
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ehhh, you'll feel differently when your 18.....one day young son your time will come......one day:cool:
AMEN

06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
lets see here...
250xridamatt - 16
MrMan - 16

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but i wanted to say something. You guys can't even vote yet, therefore it leads me to assume that you are not fully aware of what it is like in the "real" world. You probably still live with your parents. Once you are out on your own, and have had a taste of what its like, then come talk to me about MY OWN opinions, which is what they are, my own. It really is sad how easily all the kids on this forum go on flaming people for their beliefs and opinions.

Let's see. You're right, I can't vote. But why does that mean I don't know what the real world is like? For every dollar my parents have given me, I've had to work for. I've never gotten special treatment because I was 16. And, when I do move out..I already have it planned. Go to college. But then you'll probably be over 21 and say that once I turn 21..I'll know more. But hey, if you believe your opinion is better than mine...Go ahead and think that. But, honestly. What stops you from putting your seatbelt on? Arm gets tired on the way down? Child lock makes you mad? And last thing for this post. Age doesn't matter in an argument/debate. It's the knowledge one presses onto the other.

Quad18star
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Alright I gotta chime in on this one again ... especially about the comment that if you're over 18 you should have the choice to wear the belt or not .

Personally I think EVERYONE in a damn car , truck , van , transport should wear one .

Some of you are saying that if you're not wearing one and you get in an accident you're only going to hurt yourself , well that's BS .

Tell me what happens when you're in a head on accident ??

Try this test when it's safe to do so . Go down a road doing 60 MPH , load your back seat up with a bunch of empty boxes and slam on the brakes . EVERYTHING comes flying up to the front .

Now think of what happens when you have someone in the backseat that not buckled in and you get in a head on accident with another car that literally brings your car to a dead stop then and there ... not slide forward liek it does when you slam on the brakes . That person in the back seat that may weigh 100-300lbs becomes a human projectile and he or she is comming forward and taking out anyone that may be in his or her path .

The human body is one of the most dangerous things in an accident inside the vehicle .

The last thing I want when if I'm in an accident is to have my brains and the brains of the person that's not buckled up behind me mingling on the dashboard and everywhere else in the vehicle .

It's plain and simple .... if you don't buckle up , you're an IDIOT !!!!!

rockman
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Let's see. You're right, I can't vote. But why does that mean I don't know what the real world is like? For every dollar my parents have given me, I've had to work for. I've never gotten special treatment because I was 16. And, when I do move out..I already have it planned. Go to college. But then you'll probably be over 21 and say that once I turn 21..I'll know more. But hey, if you believe your opinion is better than mine...Go ahead and think that. But, honestly. What stops you from putting your seatbelt on? Arm gets tired on the way down? Child lock makes you mad? And last thing for this post. Age doesn't matter in an argument/debate. It's the knowledge one presses onto the other.
If you would read what i posted, i wear my seatbelt EVERYWHERE i go. In no way what so ever did I say that people shouldn't wear seatbelts. One of my best friends was killed in a car wreck in october. Yes they were drinking, but he died from being ejected from the car. If he was wearing a seatbelt he might still be alive. From then on I have always worn my seatbelt everywhere. I just wanted to make it clear that I am not condoning people who don't wear their seatbelt. I was simply stating my opinion on the govt. regulating everything lately, and how that if left unchecked we will eventually end up with less freedom, and privacy.

06-19-2006, 10:51 PM
If you would read what i posted, i wear my seatbelt EVERYWHERE i go. In no way what so ever did I say that people shouldn't wear seatbelts. One of my best friends was killed in a car wreck in october. Yes they were drinking, but he died from being ejected from the car. If he was wearing a seatbelt he might still be alive. From then on I have always worn my seatbelt everywhere. I just wanted to make it clear that I am not condoning people who don't wear their seatbelt. I was simply stating my opinion on the govt. regulating everything lately, and how that if left unchecked we will eventually end up with less freedom, and privacy.

Sorry about that, took it wrong. If there's one thing I can't stand, is when people think that if they're older than someone..They're better. I really don't mind cops stopping people for seatbelts. It'll teach the drivers to keep their seatbelt on. Which tells me that the government wants us to be safe. But then again, other people just see the $75 ticket they get and blame the cop for their stupidity.

LittleMissE
06-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Quad18star,
I like your idea of trying to empty boxes in the back seat I think that would be good for everyone to do that doesnt always wear a seatbelt!!!The reason I like you idea so much is b/c I kinda experienced that on a quad on sat., I was riding with my cousin on the back(sorry if you guys dont like people riding double) and I was leading b/c it was only my mom with us..... so I came around a sorta blind corner on a trail only wide enough to fit a quad and there was a dirt bike coming around the same corner and we both slammed our brakes but when I slammed mine front and back my back end started coming up so I could only use the back brakes after that and by that time we had hit making me come to a dead stop( I think its really stange to fell your body still going quickly forward while the quad has stoped)!! By the way a was in 3rd gear right before it happened and in a matter of a second or so I was dead stoped!!!

On a different note me being only 15 turn 16 in about 3 months always wears a seltbeat and will never get in a car without one even if I am w/ friends that dont wear them and give me a hard time about it I dont care what they say I want to live!!! And when I get my drivers lisence it wont matter whose in the car with me they are wearing there seatbelt if they want to go somewhere with me and if they dont like it thats to bad for them!!!

Warnerade
06-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ehhh, you'll feel differently when your 18.....one day young son your time will come......one day:cool: right..becuase im not 18 now? Son, just stop posting under me..you really should...WHen you work 55 hours a week, move out and get your own place..not an apartment..but a house, then you can talk to me about feeling differently, ok scooter?

250rAL
06-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Alright I gotta chime in on this one again ... especially about the comment that if you're over 18 you should have the choice to wear the belt or not .

Personally I think EVERYONE in a damn car , truck , van , transport should wear one .

Some of you are saying that if you're not wearing one and you get in an accident you're only going to hurt yourself , well that's BS .

Tell me what happens when you're in a head on accident ??

Try this test when it's safe to do so . Go down a road doing 60 MPH , load your back seat up with a bunch of empty boxes and slam on the brakes . EVERYTHING comes flying up to the front .

Now think of what happens when you have someone in the backseat that not buckled in and you get in a head on accident with another car that literally brings your car to a dead stop then and there ... not slide forward liek it does when you slam on the brakes . That person in the back seat that may weigh 100-300lbs becomes a human projectile and he or she is comming forward and taking out anyone that may be in his or her path .

The human body is one of the most dangerous things in an accident inside the vehicle .

The last thing I want when if I'm in an accident is to have my brains and the brains of the person that's not buckled up behind me mingling on the dashboard and everywhere else in the vehicle .

It's plain and simple .... if you don't buckle up , you're an IDIOT !!!!!

Similarly, how about when you get into an accident that throws you out of the drivers seat say to the other side of the car, but your car is still moving. It's gonna be kind of hard to reach the brake from there. Hope there are no pedestrians standing around to get run over by your out of control car!

Ralph
06-20-2006, 12:47 PM
To end all arguments, all u need to realize is this:

"246 Total Signatures"

All the people who support this should just go smash their keyboards right now. You should also realize that only .000000831828% of the United States agrees with you.

Even the "Send william hung to hollywood petition got way more signatures then that!!!!

William Hung Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?whfox2k4)