PDA

View Full Version : trx250r port and polish, who does the best job for the price?

bk7799
06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Can someone provide a few names of places to get a "quality" port and polish job done at a reasonable price? Thanks!

xx3003xrdrxx
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
250's have been around for years ... There are thousands of guys that can do an awsome job . If your looking to save some money try to get ahold of a local shop type of guy and have him do it if he has had previous experience. I got mine done at hetricks but Rich sorta " hooked me up " on a good deal on one of his old national motors .:eek2: :devil:

250r4life
06-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
There are thousands of guys that can do an awsome job .

i could not disagree more... boy- what the heck are you talking about? yah sure, there are thousands of guys willing to port your cylinder for you, but i like how duncan put it on their website... "Unfortunately most people only know enough to be dangerous. You would probably have trouble filling your bathroom with ATV engine tuners who truly understand and can perform what they think. "

xx3003xrdrxx
06-16-2006, 02:08 PM
OK DAD ! Call up hetrick racing and tell rich exactly what you just told me . THOUSANDS of guys that have local shops that have been doing this for 20 years can do a pretty good job for the $. Personally I would not go to a " no name " type of guy to get MY motor worked on but that is just personal preference .

250r4life
06-16-2006, 02:28 PM
look young grasshopper... for every 1 guy that can do a good job, there are at least 10 guys who will do a hack job and destroy your cylinder... i've been amazed at some of the "port work" ive seen from local shops... it looks like my nephews got a hold of a grinder and dremmel tool and just went to town...

jas250r
06-16-2006, 02:41 PM
if you live in mi what part? I just had rb racing do mine. He lives over in ovid west owosso. great price, awesome help. user name on here is machwon pm if you like. or do a search on rb racing in the 250r stuff

zedicus00
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
c - liegh racing... nothing better quality wize and a good price to boot.

x.system
06-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jas250r
if you live in mi what part? I just had rb racing do mine. He lives over in ovid west owosso. great price, awesome help. user name on here is machwon pm if you like. or do a search on rb racing in the 250r stuff

I would also suggest RB Racing. I just had one done and it rips. When I got it back he gave me specs to start out at to dial it in and it was right on. He goes above and beyond on customer service as well so I will be a customer as long as I ride. I'm sending him another one to do in a week or so for another one of my R's. I used to run paul turner motors but never again, RB's motorwork outruns my PT motor with ease.

TampaBoy813
06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
theres a guy in Miami named fast freddy..he does a lot of port work for some realy FAST Banshee's....

TheLadiesMan
06-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
c - liegh racing... nothing better quality wize and a good price to boot.

i got 2 more votes for neil( c-liegh racing)

he did my 350R and my buddies 270R. i plan on sending him another motor to wake up.

great guy, top notch work. i would never send it to anyone else.

also where in michigan are you?

06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
this might be a dumb question but could i get my 310 non powervalve cylender ported?? id like to have my R have a little more balls to it...i am from MI as well...representing Flints southwest side!:D

fmfracing5
06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
any cyclinder can be ported to answer your question

06-19-2006, 05:09 PM
well i know there is a max you can port a cylender so i guess the real question would be, is the 310 CT cylender ported to the max or can there be more potential gains?

machwon
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
The CT cylinder is not ported to the max. It is what I commonly refer to as off the shelf porting or just a clean up port job.

x.system and jas250R, thanks for the good word. Bob.

C-LEIGH RACING
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
To me, the most important part about porting a cylinder is correctly doing the porting to fill the customers needs, such as to what level they are as a rider & what type of riding or racing they intend to use the engine for.
When you talk about max engine power, that can cover a wide range of porting & in the end will only be what the rider can truely use.

You take like for instance a pro rider running MX, most would want an engine with good pull down low up to midrange & then shift gears. There may be a few riders that would like or could use a upper end ported cylinder on MX, but only a few.
Engines with out surprizes, not pipey, will fit most riders for trail, MX, & surprizeingly a lot of TT riders.
A PV cylinder on the other hand can provide power just about anywhere that any level of rider can use. The advantage of both worlds in one package.
Neil