PDA

View Full Version : cold sieser

custom racing
06-16-2006, 11:08 AM
i have a 1988 trx250r my friend owned it before me and the stator went out. it hasnt ran in a few months and im getting the stator in a couple of days. how do i go about getting it running with out it getting a cold sieser? my friend said to poor a little bit of 2 stroke oil in the spark plug hole to give it some lubrication during the warm up period. is this a good idea? please help me out.

250r4life
06-16-2006, 01:39 PM
if you're worried about it, yah you can do that... you may foul a plug but thats about it...

250r4life
06-16-2006, 01:40 PM
ps... cold seizures usually occur when you kick it over, it starts, and you immediately throw it into gear and go cranking on it WOT... gotta let that sucker warm up...

TheFontMaster
06-16-2006, 06:38 PM
You won't have a problem. Just pour some gas/oil mix in the cylinder to prime it so it starts easier. My motor sat for about 8 months before I got the chance to get it running, and it took a little kicking and a new plug to start it, but I didn't have a problem with it.

custom racing
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
sweet thanks guys that helped me out a lot. i guess im just gonna pour some mixed gas into the cyclinder to lub it up and stuff. thanks for the help.