PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's ATV as requested.

bwamos
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I've had a lot of people ask me to post a picture of my 330. I said I would, so here it is.

She's nothing to druel over, but she does her job, and she does it well. ;)

Remember, she's had to endure almost 9 years of torturous abuse, she should look worse than she does.. lol.

Disregard the # plate, I've just never taken it off. When I used to race the MHSC we didn't have assigned numbers. We got a new number every week, that we stuck on our bars and helmet so they could scan us in at the checkpoints. So, we would just pick a number so our friends in the pits could tell us apart from the next guy (if we weren't just a big brown mud ball.. lol) when it was time for a goggle change, fuel top off, drink. ;)

Also I busted my ITP baha rim, so I had to put on the old 0.90 Douglass. The wheels are my Mud & Rock setup. I also have a set of Razr2 fronts, Kenda Klaw rears, and Sand Tires (of course).

The fronts on there are 6-ply kevlar belted Bandits. They are ugly, and they weigh probably 20lbs each, lol. But when you need the tires to take abuse, it will.. lol. I busted a rear ITP Baha reinforcing ring clean out of the lip and the front never even got close to dinging the rim. ;)

My plastics are the old style of full bores, before they put those fugly louvers in them. The pipe was the origional run of sparks ceramic coated pipes that got pocked with rust (I need to sent it to Pappy to get a nice black ceramic coating.), it's not pretty but it runs like a champ. Stock arms and swinger. The old style DG nerfs.. and the DG bumper. I like that style because you can wrap a tow rope around it for when you're trail riding. Pulled many a dunebuggy out of the dunes.. lol. I also have shock covers for the shocks.. but I don't like to store it with them on. Don't want my springs to rust out.

Like I said, nothing fancy, but she gets her job done. ;)

I need to get an AMSOIL sticker for that big blank spot on my rear fender, since I'm a dealer on the side.. lol.

bwamos
06-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, yea... I also had a few people ask how I got my Shock Resivours, Oil Cooler, and Steering Damper to all fit in the front.

1) Is my Denton Stick Damper (been working great for me for 6 years.) The adjustment knob is toward the rear of the atv where I can jsut lean over and adjust it without having to get off of the quad.

2) My oil cooler is mounted in the uprights in front of the motor. With the Sparks X-4 there is more than ample clearance to mount it there (as you can see). A set of scoops could really cool that baby off.

3) Resivours mounted in the normal locaton. (also protects my oil cooler from mud globs.). Most people mount their oil cooler up here.

You can also see my O2 sensor, and 450r style heat shield. (normally I have the O2 sensor out, I only use it when I'm checking adjustments).

bwamos
06-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Oops forgot to attach image.

bwamos
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Here's a better shot of the damper. Really hard to see in the last image. You can see how the adjustment end is toward my feet, instead of toward the bumper like most do it.

bwamos
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
LoL, I'm a tard, I did it again.

PolarisRider
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
pictures of exhaust? i want to see how its cut.

nice 300 btw

bwamos
07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I just remove the endcap and the core. I used a pencil to locate new holes for the bolts on the front side exactly 2" in from the existing holes. Then I cut exactly 2" off of the can on the front end (wanted to keep the clean edge in back) and drilled the new holes.. Then I removed exactly 2" from the stainless steel preforated core on the front end. I used a pipe expander to expand the core flange since I cut the old one off. I had to cut a couple slits in the core so it would expand. That is some tough steel he uses in there. Lastly I used the old nameplate as a guide to drill 2 new holes (reused 2 of the existing holes).

For some reason because of the shadows, the nameplate looks flared out.. but it's not.. it is on there perfectly.

bwamos
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Here's the picture.