PDA

View Full Version : nerfs with 22" rears

-copyguy-
06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Anyone running 22" rear tires and got nerfs on? What brand nerf and how much clearance have you got with it?

Thanks.

spec
06-16-2006, 10:57 AM
im running 22"s on my 400 right now, and I have the alba pro elite nurfs on. My tires are pretty well worn down, and I have about 1.5inches of clerance right now, with a new tire on I'd guess you MIGHT have an inch.

-copyguy-
06-16-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah, I had some DG alloy nerfs on when I had the stocker 20's. Then I took the nerfs off cause I didn't want them on and got my 22's. Now, I go to put them back on and....damn...that's close...looks like I got maybe 1/4 inch MAX when the sitting on the quad. I'm afraid if I hit a jump hard the tire is gonna get hung up on the back bar of the nerf...that would not be cool...

I was asking because I'm not sure if my nerfs are bent out of shape a little or not...if not, I may end up having to put the rear tube of the nerf in a big vise and just squeeze the crap out of it (to hell with structural integrity!) just to get some more clearance.

To make the clearance situation worse, these are new razr2's...with like 3/4" of tread...the lugs are super tall.

Grim Reefer
06-16-2006, 01:32 PM
I have DG alloy nerfs and run 22 bear klaws. Leaves 1 inch clearance, with me sitting on the quad. And the tires are almost brand new.

-copyguy-
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
hmmm...something must be outta whack on these nerfs then...they were on the quad when I bought it.

The rear mounts are bent where they attach to the pegs. Are they supposed to be?

-copyguy-
06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Here's a link to the ones that I have.

http://www.dgperf.com/ATV/ATVProductsDetail.asp?ATVProductID=16&model=400EX

Grim Reefer
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Same ones i have. Mine were on the quad when i bought it. One is bent in the front. If I keep my quad im gonna buy some different ones for sure.