PDA

View Full Version : Is our Government selling out????

piccopower
06-16-2006, 08:09 AM
As much as I like Bush Im disapointed in the imagration laws he's not trying to enforce, anyway have any of you heard of something called the Nafta Super Highway, I would guess its been in the making behind the seens since horndog clinton was in office since he started the whole thing.........

stoled_400_:(
06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
what is it?

06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
you like bush? lol :blah:

LTZ400rider
06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Our government is a effin joke, if they could they could stop murders, theives, pollution, and all these issues, our government is so corrupt its sad. I don't blame other countrys for calling us idiots and arrogant. I'm not saying I don't like america, cuz its better than 3rd world and communism

red2004 TRX450R
06-16-2006, 09:06 AM
you mean the The North American Free Trade Agreement.

ya it stated in 1994. This agreement will remove most barriers to trade and investment among the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Its so US companies can make stuff in Mexico for lower cost, and import it in to the USA and not be charged tariffs (import tax)

The US gets cheep labor, farm goods and the Mexicans get jobs.

we have this with a couple of other countries too! All the stuff from china is taxed when it comes in to the US.

(in at nut shell)countries set up tariffs to make cheep foreign goods cost the same as expensive US goods

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by piccopower
As much as I like Bush Im disapointed in the imagration laws he's not trying to enforce, anyway have any of you heard of something called the Nafta Super Highway, I would guess its been in the making behind the seens since horndog clinton was in office since he started the whole thing.........

What's wrong with Free Trade??? It benefits other countries , including yours .

ELewandowski
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
As much as I like Bush
Theres your first problem.:huh

VIGILANTE MAN
06-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, it's a benefit until you lose your job.

krt400ex
06-16-2006, 10:48 AM

how can you say he's not trying to enforce the immigration laws? that's what evryone's in an uproar about. the media is accusing him of discrimination. all he's doing is protecting the american way of life. and there is nothing wrong with immigrants learning english. they left there home country to come to america and they need to adapt to american culture.

piccopower
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok I know what NAFTA is, I'm asking if you guys heard of the NAFTA Superhighway? And I wont reply to Bush bashers because just like Liberals all you can do is trash talk and cannot argue any facts so go put the wart cream on your momma's and leave the politics to people who care about America the greast country in the world.

krt400ex
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Crath
you like bush? lol :blah:

I like bush:)

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Ok I know what NAFTA is, I'm asking if you guys heard of the NAFTA Superhighway?

Yeah I've heard about it . Now let's hear what you have to say about it , so that we can get a conversation rolling at a little bit faster pace than a snail's crawl .

06-16-2006, 11:45 AM
The only time a mexican has made me mad was in Spanish class and he got an A on the test when I got a C.:mad: But other than that, if they come to U.S.A., I don't see why they can't take a class to learn English and become a legal citizen.

juanki
06-16-2006, 12:02 PM
i go a lot of times to tucson and phoenix az, like 5 or 6 times a year. last time there where a lot of military asking for papers in the entrance of tucson, now that bush has sent troops to the border.

i'm good with all that, i think ist good that almost the imigration law is finished, is now up in congress to decide, the senate has pased the bill already.

also i think if any one goes to the us to make a better living, its ok by law to learn english.

the immigation law will made americans like 300,000 people that had been in the us for at least 5 years, i think is something like that.

i have a sister that lives in boston, she had all the papers ready to become an american but her husband died of a stroke, now she will wait for an extra year or so, but she will be an american

piccopower
06-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Ok well I'm a meixcan American, born and bread in the USA, I say shut the borders down, kick the illegals out and fine heavy charges to employers leting them work for them,
I think there breaking our system , and the liberals what them in so they have more people to support, yes liberals like poor people, the superhighway thingy, I dont know much about it yet but living in KCMO, and hearing thats where the customs facility is gonna be and built by the tax payers money but belonging to Mexico, well thats a farce........bring it because I eat Liberals and anti-americans for lunch:cool:

rtm1216
06-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Ok well I'm a meixcan American, born and bread in the USA, I say shut the borders down, kick the illegals out and fine heavy charges to employers leting them work for them,
I think there breaking our system , and the liberals what them in so they have more people to support, yes liberals like poor people, the superhighway thingy, I dont know much about it yet but living in KCMO, and hearing thats where the customs facility is gonna be and built by the tax payers money but belonging to Mexico, well thats a farce........bring it because I eat Liberals and anti-americans for lunch:cool:

I can see you are not really interested in any kind of debate by your name calling. How about discussing the issue and not attacking the messenger. People who disagree w/ the president are not all liberals regardless of what Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or Anne Coulter say. They are strictly tools used by the republican party to spin topics in their favor and to play partisan politics. The same for the Air America crowd and the democrats. Do yourself a favor and do a little independant research on the FACTS. You may actually learn something.

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 12:37 PM

I'm not gunna comment on the immigration topic , cuz honestly it doesn't affect me .

As for the NAFTA Superhighway , it's in the plans to be constructed , if not already started . It'll be a superhighway that will run from Mexico , through the USA and up here to Canada . I know there are plans to expand highways 400 and 401 that run here in Ontario and are major routes leading to the USA . From what I've read , the plans in the USA are to create highway I-69 that will run from Highway 401 here in Canada and end up somewhere in Mexico . Their reasoning for this is because they believe by the year 2010 , trucking traffic will have increased over 100% . With the creation of the SuperHighway , drivers times will be cut drastically because of the new routes which will allow them to avoid certain " high volume" areas , as well as allowing them to avoid certain " detours" .

They also plan on creating new customs facilities like you mentioned to allow for quicker flow through the borders . If you've ever travelled out of country , you know that getting stopped at the border can be a long ordeal . I've been stopped at the crossing between Niagara Falls and Buffalo , which is one of the highest volume crossings , as well as the crossing between Sault Ste-Marie Canada and Sault Ste Marie Michigan and have litterally spent hours waiting to cross . With the new facilities , they hope to eliminate the waiting times .

Yes tax payers will be putting out the money to fund this project . They estimate the cost to be between $8-10 billion dollars .

I believe in the state of Indiana , there's a big uproar about this new highway because it'll be crossing through some wetlands where some endangered species live . Also groups are forming to try and stop the highway from being built because they say it'll increase the amount of air pollution , deaths of the roads , volume of traffic , etc .

piccopower
06-16-2006, 12:43 PM
uh rtm1216, find me the part where I called someone a name, liberal is a person and so is a anti-american, I'll debate anything you have to say brotha so bring it on, I dont need talk radio to think for me. CHING CHING :cool:

Oh and quad I heard there talking 3 football fields wide.....and down in Texas their using eminent domain to get the land.