PDA

View Full Version : Clark Grizwald......HELP!

Pappy
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
OK, the old lady is insisting we take an honest to goodness family vacation. She wants atleast a few days at the beach....and then a few days driving around:ermm:

Any ideas....I aint good at this stuff. If its not a race I really dont know where the hot spots are anymore:p

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
OK, the old lady is insisting we take an honest to goodness family vacation. She wants atleast a few days at the beach....and then a few days driving around:ermm:

Any ideas....I aint good at this stuff. If its not a race I really dont know where the hot spots are anymore:p

There's a cool little place in Northern Ontario Canada called Sudbury . :devil: Ain't really any hot beaches or anything , but if you bring the quads , you can ride for days and days and days and not cross the same trail twice . :blah:

But in all reality , I don't know how far away you are from Niagara Falls , but if you've never been , it's an awesome place to go . Lots of attractions , some nice beaches in the area , lots of things to do with the kids , etc .

j_cyrus3
06-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Hiltonhead South Carolina is nice...

tom400ex
06-16-2006, 07:07 AM
ocean city maryland is a nice family spot. tons of stuff to do there, beaches, boardwalk, water parks, mini golf, lots of stuff like that.

plus for you its probably not too far of a drive:D

01 400EXer
06-16-2006, 07:08 AM
The Outerbanks in North Carolina is nice.

400exc
06-16-2006, 07:45 AM
hahahah Clark Grizwald.... thats a funny movie! but yea the outerbanks are fun. Take the family to Cedar Point or something, you will have fun on those coasters.

trx400exxracer
06-16-2006, 07:55 AM
i know it is a bit of a drive but Panama city is a awsome place, or Savana, geogia Beach and alot of historical sights

Sc NC are both nice places

hey the Bahamas is pretty nice too crystal clear water its real diff over there

insaneracin2003
06-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Come to Texas Pappy,we will show ya a good ole time,ya might get to watch a Hurricane or 2 come through!! You might not want to go to any beaches out here though,our beaches are green:eek:

tim colston
06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
come to Brookville ohio. I have a pool and free beer.

JRP
06-16-2006, 08:40 AM
outter banks in nort carolina, virginia beach in va hah, myrtle beach in south carolina. Thats all in reasonable distance of you pappy.

400exrules
06-16-2006, 09:09 AM
you might want to take a cruise, plenty of things for the kids to do on some of them

me and my family are going to orange beach in gulf shores here in a few weeks

dober250R
06-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Come visit silver lake pappy!!!! There's plenty of sand there!!!!:blah:

infantry317
06-16-2006, 09:16 AM
If you want to hop on a plane, Monterey/Pacific Grove/Carmel/Big Sur area in CA is really cool you've got the Pacific, awesome scenery, the Monterey aquarium, Laguna Seca raceway :devil: , the wharf.

I personally think California is the most cool state in the union if it wasn't for the prices, people and polititians . :D Most diverse topography and climates than anywhere I've seen.

NorCalRacer
06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
If you want to hop on a plane, Monterey/Pacific Grove/Carmel/Big Sur area in CA is really cool you've got the Pacific, awesome scenery, the Monterey aquarium, Laguna Seca raceway :devil: , the wharf.

I personally think California is the most cool state in the union if it wasn't for the prices, people and polititians . :D Most diverse topography and climates than anywhere I've seen.

Yep
:D

shaff107
06-16-2006, 09:57 AM
pappy i hear that ... that one place in Maryland .... ummm i think that its in McHenry .... it has a big lake and some little local things to do there. next weekend would be good to go there .... GNCC WILL BE THERE COME ON DOWN .... i know u want to.

250xridamatt
06-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by infantry317

I was in Monterey and Carmel two years ago because my dads car was in the Pebble Beach concours. It was sweet to see all the amazing cars on the 18th hole of pebble beach. My dad even had Jay Leno come up and tell him how he liked his car and stuff. I definately wish I had spent more than 3 days there. Theres is this road there, 17 mile drive, thats right on the ocean. I dont think I've ever seen nicer houses.

infantry317
06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I was stationed at Fort Ord (a few miles from Monterey) for three years, sweet location for an Army grunt and married a girl from up north in Chico. We're in MN now, better jobs.

red2004 TRX450R
06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by tom400ex
ocean city maryland is a nice family spot. tons of stuff to do there, beaches, boardwalk, water parks, mini golf, lots of stuff like that.

plus for you its probably not too far of a drive:D

OC is way to commericalized for me. If you like 10 miles of high rise hotels it ok. there is lots to do there and a LOT OF PEOPLE. the beaches are full of people.

try gong to near Wilmington NC my sister lives there and they will not let it get commericalized, its a suburban beach town. and the condos are real houses. Carolina Beach/ Kure beach real private, Wrightsville Beach higher class, lots to look at :D . or top sail never been there heard its nice.

it close to Myrtle beach, but with out all the people.

angry450r
06-16-2006, 10:55 AM
clearwater beach florida. nice beaches close to disney for the family(like 45- 1 hour) been going there for 15+ years havent been in 2 years but the beaches are nice,good food lots of eye candy :) and it wont break your bank.

mike_repine
06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Pappy, if you like a laid back, non commercialized beach Emerald Isle in NC is pretty nice. It's near Morehead City. We spent a week there two years ago in a really nice beach house ocean front for about two grand. You can get cheaper than that, just have to shop around for it. We used this realty company to rent the house if you’re interested: http://www.emeraldislerealty.com

06-16-2006, 03:14 PM
rahobith beach in west virginia if your into that sort of thing ( full of gay people and lesbians) haha

but me and my parents always go to avalon new jersey. avalon is pretty boring no board walk or anything sorta a rich retirement place but then we drive 10 minutes down the road to wild wood which is where all the board walks rollercoasters and everything fun is

sickmojave
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
The Keys are nice, so what if it's hurricane season.. :devil:

Pappy
06-16-2006, 03:55 PM
2 grand:p lol...how about the entire week for under $700, thats more my speed.

OC MD is close, but we have been there so much we would like someplace new.

Ive spent time in Ocean Isle NC....nice

Not sure what will happen, if I had my way I would order a load of sand and a kiddie pool and we would be set:p

spent21
06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
WALLY WORLD!

myrtle beach, sc is nice. there's a KOA walking distance to the beach ;)