PDA

View Full Version : should i get nerfs with heel guards or without?

quads14589
06-16-2006, 04:21 AM
i can get a great deal on pro armor nerfs with heel guards for 180 shipped do you think i should get them or get the plain cheap ones?

400eXr1d3rZ
06-16-2006, 04:44 AM
get them with heel guards, your foot might slipped and get eaten by the tire if u dont, i took my stock heelguards off cuz i thought they looked ghey and it ate my foot, never took them off again:blah:

MO-EX-RIDER
06-16-2006, 04:59 AM
my dg fat series nerfs fit with my stock guards.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-16-2006, 05:21 AM
well in that case, personal preferance

krt400ex
06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
i can get a great deal on pro armor nerfs with heel guards for 180 shipped do you think i should get them or get the plain cheap ones?

get 'em. pro armor is one of the best out there. that's what i'm gonna get

400ex_rider13
06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
my dg fat series nerfs fit with my stock guards.

ya , i hav the fatties too , they fit great with the stock heel guards

hornetgod13
06-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I like the added piece of mind knowing the heel gaurds are there. If you don't have heel gaurds, the one time your foot slips off the back, you'll wish you had them. I have nerf bars with my stock heel guards.

400ex_rider13
06-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I like the added piece of mind knowing the heel gaurds are there. If you don't have heel gaurds, the one time your foot slips off the back, you'll wish you had them. I have nerf bars with my stock heel guards.

Exactly!!!

miller821
06-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a good price, and you'll like it over the stock heel guards.

400exMO
06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't understand how some people's feet slip off the back of nerfs w/o heelguards. Mine never have and I have small feet. But I have came off a jump sideways, and in air had my foot come off the peg, and it hit the tire.

drsnugfit
06-18-2006, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by quads14589

get them with the heel gaurds, only yesterday I was out riding, took a double landed a bit nose high and my left foot slipped off the peg and down the gap between the back of the nerfs and the rear tyre, twisted my ankle and knee a bit, if I had not been wearing a descent pair of boots I may be nursing a broken ankle or dislocated knee right now, why take chances :D

06-18-2006, 08:32 AM
i hate heel guards, i always take the stock ones off of a new bike as soon as it gets home....i recently put the pro armor nerfs with heel guards on my 450r...these guards do not other me at all...i actually like having them...and for $180, get them...

krt400ex
06-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i hate heel guards, i always take the stock ones off of a new bike as soon as it gets home....i recently put the pro armor nerfs with heel guards on my 450r...these guards do not other me at all...i actually like having them...and for $180, get them...

that's kind of an oximoron. u do or u don't like the heel guards? how do they not bother u but the stock ones do?

miller821
06-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
that's kind of an oximoron. u do or u don't like the heel guards? how do they not bother u but the stock ones do?
Me, I hate the stock ones. As soon as I saw my brother without his, I took mine right off and never put them back since then. I guess I didn't really like the fact that mud would just clog there, and they weren't exactly the best... But I guess what he's saying is that he hates the stock, but likes the aftermarket, which I probably would to since I don't like the stock ones.

06-18-2006, 01:02 PM
look at it this way...i do not like heel guards. the stock guards are closer to the foot than these. stock guards bother me.
you cannot teven tell these guards are there until you need them, unlike the stock guards. i like having these guards because they do give the protection that they are designed for buy are not intrusive like the stokc guards.

put a little thought into what i said, if you can

krt400ex
06-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
look at it this way...i do not like heel guards. the stock guards are closer to the foot than these. stock guards bother me.
you cannot teven tell these guards are there until you need them, unlike the stock guards. i like having these guards because they do give the protection that they are designed for buy are not intrusive like the stokc guards.

put a little thought into what i said, if you can

got ya. so you don't feel as cramped. u feel like u have more room to move around.

06-18-2006, 03:07 PM
yes

ride_red666
06-18-2006, 07:16 PM
i like the stock heel gaurds htey mount up with my ac nerfs fine. the only time ive had a problem with my feet slipping off is when i do a freestyle trick and sumtimes i dont get my feet back in time, that when they work good.