PDA

View Full Version : My 300ex

countryboy300ex
06-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I am 15years old and i need to know where i can get plastic & nerf bars for my 2003 300ex without paying a arm and a leg
I also need to know if there is anything I can do to my 300ex to make it outrun my friends piped warrior i can get him good out of the hole but he leaves me when he grabs 6th

BossmanEX
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
eBay is a good resource for parts. You can get a good set of used plastics at a very reasonable price. As for beating a Warrior, My buddy has a 300 with a standard bore weisco high compression piston, stage I hot cam, K&N filter, Full Yoshi Exhaust, MSD ignition coil and aftermarket rev box and he smoked a warrior with a pipe, jet and filter. I do believe that the warrior was an older 5 speed model. I know that 6th gear makes a big difference.

300ex16
06-16-2006, 07:53 AM
this is what i have done to my 300ex motor and i smoke worriors

Cylinder|Head: ported polished
Bore & Stroke: .80
Displacement: 298cc
Carburetor: 400ex
Air Filter|Box: K&n outerwaer
Pipe|Silencer: tc racing (supertrapp)
Clutch|Plates: tusk heavy duty
Gearing F|R: 14/34
CDI|Killswitch: rick's motorsports pro design
Cooling: oil cooler
Other: race cam

Warlord
06-16-2006, 11:11 AM
There was never a 5 speed warrior, only 6. My brothers 300 has an fmf powercore 4 full system, uni filter, no lid, bored .20 over and a high comp piston. He runs dead even with my stock warrior.

300ex mxracer
06-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BossmanEX
eBay is a good resource for parts. You can get a good set of used plastics at a very reasonable price. As for beating a Warrior, My buddy has a 300 with a standard bore weisco high compression piston, stage I hot cam, K&N filter, Full Yoshi Exhaust, MSD ignition coil and aftermarket rev box and he smoked a warrior with a pipe, jet and filter. I do believe that the warrior was an older 5 speed model. I know that 6th gear makes a big difference.
they dont make hot cams for a 300:confused:

BossmanEX
06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
As far as the cam thing goes, I didnt build it so I dont know whats on the inside except for what Im told. I do know that it runs like a mofo though. On the Warrior I was told that earlier year models had a 5 speed gearbox. IDK Im not really the Warrior expert if ya know what I mean. Heres a pic of the 300 with the 416. This picture was taken about 2 hours befre the 300 got totaled in a head on with a warrior. Go figure. :rolleyes:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/image-apic468.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/image-apic469.html