PDA

View Full Version : Race gas to pump gas

06-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I run race gas with my 330r since I am around 200 lbs of compression. I maybe selling it and a guy is asking me if he can run pump gas in it or can it be converted to run pump gas? Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Thanks

zedicus00
06-15-2006, 10:15 PM
u need to lower the compression. yur head my have changeable domes, if not there are a couple other options, have the head recut, its prolly o-ring setup so running a thicker head gasket is out but you can run a couple, maybe up to 4, base gaskets. yur on the border of pumpgas at 200lbs psi so 2 or 3 base gaskets would prolly be the easiest way to go, and it shouldnt screw with the porting too much...

250r4life
06-16-2006, 12:34 AM
i'll go ahead and shed some light... 1st- dont get rid of the R... if youre gunna get rid of anything, ditch the quadzilla...

2nd... yah, like zedicus said- they're multiple ways to slightly lessen your compression, and you shouldnt need to too much... you could get away with running av gas if its available... thats what i run...

people have their opinions on it, but av gas has always been great to me and everybody else i know that uses it

06-16-2006, 05:54 AM
My head is o-ringed. I guess a cool head could be added so the domes can be adjusted?

250r4life
06-16-2006, 01:45 PM
yah, you could add a cool head... but i imagine if you're running an aftermarket jug and aftermarket head with o-rings, i'd bet you have interchangeable domes... gotta pic of your head?