PDA

View Full Version : No air box jetting

TravEX
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
my buddy has an 04 Dale Jr Pred. He removed the air box completely and has installed a K&N. Stock carb and exhaust.

He has tried a 170, 180, and 190 and it still feels lean, and labor knocks a little. Should he try a higher jet? I've tried to get him to do a plug check, but he says he doesn't feel safe running the quad because of the labor knocking and how it feels. He's ran the needle at 3rd, 4th, and 5th notches with no change.

Thanks

Travis

benjijo14
07-19-2006, 12:17 AM
well i have full exhaust, and civic intake and im only runnin a 160 main, with my needle one notch from top. im at 4000 feet, but it still seems high. i would tell him to look at the plug. he has prob fouled it my now with that high of jets.

firefighterjosh
07-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Why not leave the air lid box on with a stock exhaulst and stuff? Does it make that much diffrence?

TravEX
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
He has since ordered and installed the Hot seat setup. He had an automotive K&N that he had rigged to work and had to remove the airbox completely. The stock airbox design is poor, as well as the spark plug location! He has is running good now with the Hot seat setup. Thanks.

Travis