PDA

View Full Version : The Rappy is DOA

apopple
06-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Installed a trinity exhaust, the raptor started, installed a Trinity EFI controller, the Raptor started, installed a kill swith, the Raptor started. Drove the Raptor about one mile and put it up for the night. The next morning .......nothing. It would not start. Checked spark to the plug -- Good, fuel pump working fine. Fuel in tank. Disconnected the kill switch, no start, disconnected the Trinity EFI controller and reconnected th stock controller, nothing.

Any ideas??

Also pulled the positive battery cable, thought a reset would work, no luck.:confused:

06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
check your fuses

Donjuan54
06-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah for sure check the fuses. have an 02 400ex and would not start. I thought some wire came loose so i checked the whole bike and found nothing. My dad told me to check the fuse and sure enough it was it. i bought 4 from auto zone for 200 dollars good luck finding problem

DieselBoy
06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
LOL.............UH OH. I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT'S GOING TO BE LIKE FIGURING THAT OUT! ELECTRICAL DRIVES ME CRAZY PERSONALLY, I CAN'T STAND IT. check your connections, you may have fried something, or a connection is loose....

DOHC
06-26-2006, 08:50 AM
^^^thats why i hate fuel injection. CARBS FOR LIFE :cool:

DieselBoy
06-27-2006, 07:21 PM
i've personally learned to leave the machine stock.. if i'm not going to enjoy it stock, im probably going to waste bunghole loads of money upgrading, and not like it anyways later on. i like to keep it stock (reliable), but, that's just me...

i've never sold anything and not made buttloads more than what i bought it for, i dont like to get in too deep.

apopple
07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Okay, after 3 weeks, did I say 3 weeks, I meant 3 WEEKS I get the call with the problem from the delaer. The kill switch I installed (EXACTLY ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIONS) should not be connected to the coil as the 700 is EFI and need continious power from the battery to operate. The kill switch "dilutes" the power feed to the coil and *** a rsult the machine will not run. The tech is going to show me where to attach the wiring tomorrow when I pick it up.

At least I got the broken light brackets fixed under warranty.

:confused:

I will say the people at the dealership, along S L O W, were VERY NICE.

MadDog56
07-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Hmm, sounds kind of fishy. The coil wire isn't powering the EFI, it should be hooked up to the battery with the harness. All a grounded coil wire should do is stop your spark plug from sparking.

07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
b