PDA

View Full Version : Why does'nt my Sunl 90 carb suck?

jester125
06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
My sons Sunl SLA 90 stoped working (would'nt start)about 3-4 weeks ago and I thought it was a fuel line problem because the cheap fuel line looked pinched. I mickymoused it to work for a while about (1/2 hr) then I replaced the fuel line with a new 45 degree fuel filter and clear fuel line. Now it wont even suck the fuel from the tank. What reasons could there be for the engine/carb failing to draw fuel? here is picture showing the setup.

thanks Chris

yellowzo3
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
it may be clogged with dirt..it only takes a little bit to mess things up. when you messed around with it you may have cleared it up for a bit but then it settled again and now its clogged again. also, is anything mounted in awkward positions so fuel would have a hard time getting to the carb? it looks like a tight fit in there.

GPracer2500
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I'd unhook the line from the carb and pull it downward--so the end is as low as it can get. Does fuel run out then? If not than you know it's not a routing problem.

I'd examine that fuel filter. Maybe it's not designed for gravity feed and needs pressure to flow fuel. The carb doesn't suck fuel out of the tank at all. Gravity fills the carb. Check for a clogged petcock filter too. You'll need to remove the petcock from the tank to get to it.

Baumann65
07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Id sell it lol and buy a honda 90 they are very reliable.

JBOYZ
12-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Many of the SunL 90's have a carb. with a "steel" seat in it - very bad design. I suggest you go to www.roketa.com and order a new carb for a RTB-90XR (ATV-21) - the carb will bolt right up and is a much better carb. It will probably cost ya around 50 bucks plus shipping...