PDA

View Full Version : exhaust or air filter?

yfzdrtslinger29
06-15-2006, 06:12 PM
what should i get first an exhaust or air filter?

tar
06-15-2006, 07:05 PM
exhaust

RaptorRacer45
06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Well pretty much if yu can afford an Exhaust then u can afford the Air Filter also.....i see what ur sayin but Air Filters are fairly cheap:D

250r4life
06-15-2006, 08:22 PM
i would say filter... and not that it is more power per dollar... its that i dont like the stock set up, and for the life and reliability of your engine, the 1st thing i would buy would be a pro flow clamp on filter... and then i would take the baffle out until i could afford the pipe, which isnt that much of a gain over taking hte baffle out

Toadz400
06-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i would say filter... and not that it is more power per dollar... its that i dont like the stock set up, and for the life and reliability of your engine, the 1st thing i would buy would be a pro flow clamp on filter... and then i would take the baffle out until i could afford the pipe, which isnt that much of a gain over taking hte baffle out

He's got a point. The stock setup is very frustrating and worthless. Get any aftermarket Pro Flow intake, the filter and intake hole is much bigger and it clamps on like a normal filter should.

I say go with the Pro Flow intake first, then the exhaust. Or both at the same time, which is what I did, along with the cam mod.