PDA

View Full Version : e-series broken!!!!

eldoexrider01
08-13-2002, 07:16 PM
well it happened....i took of my exaust to put in my pingrys oil tank(which is really sweet) but anyways i noticed the lower mount of the exaust had broke at the welds. i was like its steel no problem but i was still ticked off!! took off the silencer and at the bottom of the pipe where it connects to the cannister is leaking soot!!!!! i thought wb was supposed to be good!!!!! should i take it to the shop i bought if from???which i also work at. or send it off myself?????

400exBro
08-13-2002, 07:45 PM
call wb, tell a little fib here and there telling you just bought it and blah blah and they should send ya a new one, or at least that is what they did to me:D
good pipe tho
Bro

honda_racer199
08-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Ya same thing happened to me, I just had a friend of mine weld my canister back on to the slip on part, works great now. Should prolly hold up a heck of a lot better, then WB welding job:macho

Stunz
08-14-2002, 06:22 AM
Get it fixed, sell it and buy a Yoshi!

kaneman23
08-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Samething happened to mine from doing Wheelies. Anyhow, I sent it back to whitebrothers and they fixed it back to new. Call Whitebrothers and get a # before you ship the pipe to them. Otherwise, it will get lost in their warehouse and take forever.

DMH
08-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Give them a call and see if they won't fix it for you. They now come with a gusset in the spot they were breaking at. That tells me they have recognized a problem with the inlet breaking. It's worth a try and from what I have heard about WB they will fix it no prob.

400exRacerX
08-14-2002, 07:10 PM
The same thing happened to mine and i had it welded, then it happened again and then I got it welded again and sold it.;)

Snad Rider
08-14-2002, 08:15 PM
I also broke my silencer while doing a wheelie. I broke the lower bracket and also pivoted the silencer completely out of the pipe. I called WB and told them what I did, my fault, but they said they would repair it. The service department gave me a return number and I sent it in. I was very surprised when in about a week I received a complete new silencer / pipe with the updated bracket shown above, at NO CHARGE. I WILL purchase WB products in the future, service is as important as the performance of the product.

eldoexrider01
08-14-2002, 08:36 PM
mine was a new one wit the support!!! i had someone weld it. anything should hold up better than wb crap.