PDA

View Full Version : How do you cure a stiff clucth pull?

Iliketogofast
06-15-2006, 04:15 PM
My clutch lever is really hard to pull. I have to use all 4 fingers, and even then my hand hurts into the next day after a long ride.

Is there anything to cure this?

The shop that I buy parts from told me there is a piece inside the case, in the cylinder shaped part underneath the clutch arm (on the 250R) that gets worn and probably needs replaced.

JW450R1
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
do u have the stock clutch lever assembly.
if so,theres a few different company out there.
rtc makes a easy pull.asv makes a good clutch assembly.
is your clutch bad.and how about the adjustment.

Iliketogofast
06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I had an MSR easy pull perch with a shorty lever, but it broke. It was harder to pull than the stock CR250 assembly that I replaced it with anyways.

JW450R1
06-15-2006, 04:34 PM
i think anything that has a shorty clutch lever will be hard

cisco
06-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Did you try and lube your cable and is your cable running through the cable collector on the steering stem block,also is your cable going through the tab on your frame.If not all of these things could contribute to a hard pulling clutch lever.Check all of these things and I'm sure it will fix your problem.

Sjorge450R
06-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I have the same problem as you. Im getting ready to order this monday. :)

http://www.motoworldracing.com/Moose-Easy-Pull-Clutch-System.html

JW450R1
06-15-2006, 06:58 PM
try taking the clutch cable off on the clutch perch side.
thenraise it up about a foot higher than your quad.spray some brake cleaner threw the cable and work it back and forth.done on the motor side check to see if there is a bunch of black stuff comming out,thenlet it dry out and lube it with cable lube.

Nick110
06-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Get a new cable or buy some of the cable lube that like connects to the cable and shoots down in it. My friend had a super hard clutch pull... He got a new cable and lubed it up good... what a world of difference.

CannondaleRider
06-16-2006, 01:32 PM
I noticed on my Cannondale, there was a drastic difference, just going from the stock perch and lever, to an ASV C/5 Pro Perch. Not sure if it would make a difference for you, but you never know.

Add that to a new/lubed cable, and you might be good.

Also, I've felt the clutch on a Cannondale with that Moose Easy Pull set up, and it didn't seem to make to big of a difference. BUT, he could have also had other issues also, so you never know.