PDA

View Full Version : spun a bearing

Stevie-D
06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
remember the ram 150 i have that just had the tranny rebuilt twice a few weeks back??? well the tranny has been working fine:p i started it up yesterday to a grinding/clanking noise. the truck is loud, so its possible i could have missed it before i got home the night before. anyway, it was coming from right on top of the oil pan...so my first thought was connecting rod about to throw itself through the block or a bearing. decided to pull the pan and find out....so i drain the oil what do i find???? GOLD!!!! lmao... not really, looks like brass glitter in my oil. dont even want to see the inside of the filter. got all but one bolt out of the oil pan...the last one is halfway covered by the dust shield in back. :huh got pissed off and decided to take a break. hopefully i caught it in time that it didnt screw my crank:( will find out as soon as i figure out how to get that damn bolt out.

this is the freaking truck from hell. appears to be perfect. first the tranny went, now this. im at the point that i actually think that its funny. how could i have boughten a worse truck?!?!?!?!!?:blah:

if the crank is shot, its going to the engine builder to get tweaked a bit. i'm actaully kind of hoping it is shot so i have an excuse to have the motor built
:macho

Pappy
06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
a real man doesnt need an excuse:o

Stevie-D
06-15-2006, 05:16 PM
well youve got me there. i've been waiting until i lose my license to start wrenching on it. was planning on a 6 inch lift, etc.... but now that the motor needs work, i'm gonna be sinking some cash into that instead:devil:

250rAL
06-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
how could i have boughten a worse truck?!?!?!?!!?:blah:

It's a Dodge, I don't think you could have.:devil:

nosliw
06-16-2006, 09:20 AM
nows your chance to drop a cummins in there :devil:

insaneracin2003
06-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
oh dayummm pappy...lol

Stevie-D
06-16-2006, 10:55 AM
nows your chance to drop a cummins in there

you know, i've actually thought about it. still kicking it around.

got my letter in the mail from penndot, have a week to send in my license...sons of *****es can revoke your license for haveing a few beers while camping on your own property. :mad:

so i have just over 3 months to get the truck done:blah:

06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Give me a hammer, nail and a screwdiver. I'll fix it for you.:)

Quad18star
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

HAHA you're right . A real man grabs his wife's credit card then goes to buy a new engine and snaps a picture of her face when she opens up the Credit Card statement !!!!:devil:

sakirocket28
06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
HAHA you're right . A real man grabs his wife's credit card then goes to buy a new engine and snaps a picture of her face when she opens up the Credit Card statement !!!!:devil:

haha yeah, then you'll have plenty of time to work on the truck cause you'll be living in it!