PDA

View Full Version : 2001 400ex $1800!! PICKUP ONLY

Hawhatwhat
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I have a complete 2001 400ex except for the framei bought the bike originally to modify it but now im going to only use the frame for a prodject im working on im selling everything from tires to motor and everything inbetween complete for 1800US i live in michigan. It has a pro circuit T4 exhasut and k&n air filter and rejetted but that is all for mods the rest is bone stock it has r/a shredders on the back and stock 01 400ex tires on the front first 1800 gets it my zip code is 49424

The bike and everything on it are in perfect working order. Nothing is wrong with any of the parts on this bike.

please resond here or email me hawhatwhat@gmail.com

Hawhatwhat
06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
here is a picture of the bike ill take 1600 this weekend only i need it gone!

derekhonda
06-15-2006, 06:55 PM
so does it come with a frame or not?

Hawhatwhat
06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
it comes with everything except the frame

derekhonda
06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
So, what you are selling is a pile of parts?

Hawhatwhat
06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
basically i guess yea its compelte thou just no frame

derekhonda
06-16-2006, 11:56 AM
I dont mind to keep riding your ***, but I am assuming you will give out a bill of sale and the vin numbers on the engine are still there (not scratched out). Also, you would allow the original frame to be examined and those numbers to be written down also? This whole deal comes across as fishy to me...

Hawhatwhat
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
this quad was assembled from parts there is not title for this bike fishy? if your not interested dont thread crap

do you realize how many bikes are built from nothing?? get real.

derekhonda
06-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I thought this was a whole 400ex, that had the frame taken off of it? Is that not the case?

Hawhatwhat
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
close this thread this guy is a ****ing retard im gonna sell it locally.....derek your a ****ing noob with apparently nothing better to do

derekhonda
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
No, I am a guy whose bought and sold tons of atvs and dirtbikes on this website and realize a stolen machine when i see one.

Have a good day...prick.

krt400ex
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Hawhatwhat
this quad was assembled from parts there is not title for this bike fishy? if your not interested dont thread crap

do you realize how many bikes are built from nothing?? get real.

how could it be built from nothing if all the parts are original except the exhaust? It was built from honda and taken off the showroom floor like that and a pipe was added. built from nothing!?:huh

A A R O N
06-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
how could it be built from nothing if all the parts are original except the exhaust? It was built from honda and taken off the showroom floor like that and a pipe was added. built from nothing!?:huh

That's exactly what i was gonna point out. It doesn't help that somebody brings up the vin and he gets all defensive right away. Lol, a person with 8 posts calling a long time member a noob. What a cheat. Theres no place for hot items on this site hawhatwhat. Just accept the fact that since you're too stupid to get a job and buy a quad you had to steal one and then get cought on the internet because you can't find a story to back up your "deal".:rolleyes:

06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
i think all you guys are D I KS!! the guy explained what he was doing with the frame. who are all of you to be judging him? because he's a new member that makes him a crook? did you ever here of benefit of the doubt? or, here ya go mr. law(derekhonda), innocent until proven guilty? if you "self appointed" moderators have a problem with what someone is selling, tell someone that actually has a right on this site to ask him questions? all i see is a newer member trying to do business on this site like the rest of us(i think we all started out with 0 posts) and you accuse/flame on him and hijack his thread. so by what you idiots are saying is that a person with 5000 posts can't sell stolen property? give me break! all you guys have done is send this guy away thinking that all the members on this site are total arrogant self-righteous pricks! if i was selling something on here, which i've done plenty of, i'd be ticked off too if i was accused of selling stolen goods...that wouldn't prove me of being defensive or of guilt! it would just make me mad. especially when the accusasions are made by someone that has no business doing so. think about what your response would be if the same occurred to you? we could find out if you want...

personally i think you guys all owe an apology to this person.

and on a side note...derekhonda who are you? how are you still allowed on this site? you must be giving reach arounds to someone of importance on here...because i swear every time i see some self appointed cop giving someone else a hard time...your name is attached to it!! just about every post i see from you is flagrantly violating about a dozen of this site's rules! GET A LIFE!!! the way you like coming down on people you must be a security guard at a mall or some kind of weirdo power tripper... (don't worry i'm sure you'll contact whoever your buddy is and get them to close this thread also because i've called you out once again!!)

you know i'm waundering if i drive down and see Mr. B. he'll make me a moderator?;)

A A R O N
06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
sorry:p

06-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
sorry:p

that's the stand up man i knew you could be...;)

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by lerch
i think all you guys are D I KS!! the guy explained what he was doing with the frame. who are all of you to be judging him? because he's a new member that makes him a crook? did you ever here of benefit of the doubt? or, here ya go mr. law(derekhonda), innocent until proven guilty? if you "self appointed" moderators have a problem with what someone is selling, tell someone that actually has a right on this site to ask him questions? all i see is a newer member trying to do business on this site like the rest of us(i think we all started out with 0 posts) and you accuse/flame on him and hijack his thread. so by what you idiots are saying is that a person with 5000 posts can't sell stolen property? give me break! all you guys have done is send this guy away thinking that all the members on this site are total arrogant self-righteous pricks! if i was selling something on here, which i've done plenty of, i'd be ticked off too if i was accused of selling stolen goods...that wouldn't prove me of being defensive or of guilt! it would just make me mad. especially when the accusasions are made by someone that has no business doing so. think about what your response would be if the same occurred to you? we could find out if you want...

personally i think you guys all owe an apology to this person.

and on a side note...derekhonda who are you? how are you still allowed on this site? you must be giving reach arounds to someone of importance on here...because i swear every time i see some self appointed cop giving someone else a hard time...your name is attached to it!! just about every post i see from you is flagrantly violating about a dozen of this site's rules! GET A LIFE!!! the way you like coming down on people you must be a security guard at a mall or some kind of weirdo power tripper... (don't worry i'm sure you'll contact whoever your buddy is and get them to close this thread also because i've called you out once again!!)

you know i'm waundering if i drive down and see Mr. B. he'll make me a moderator?;)

You crack me up sometimes. First of all, I was interested in this machine. I have a buddy who has a frame I could get for probably 100$ and could have myself a cheap second fourwheeler. Now here is where the problems began. All I asked is if he would give a bill of sale, and if the engine VIN numbers were still there. What kind of an answer did I get? Oh...suddenly his "whole bike minus a frame" became a "quad assembled from parts so there is no paperwork" Thats where the problem came from. Would you buy a quad without paper work? Would you advice friends and others to buy quads without paperwork? Whats wrong with a little self regulation, a little detective work. If he would have just stated, "yes, I will sign a bill of sale" that would have been the end of it, and I would not have responded how I did. Can you see my point, even a little bit lerch? I know you hate me for some reason, but be a big boy and get over it.

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
if you "self appointed" moderators have a problem with what someone is selling, tell someone that actually has a right on this site to ask him questions?

When do I lose that right...and how can I get it back :rolleyes:

06-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I dont mind to keep riding your ***, but I am assuming you will give out a bill of sale and the vin numbers on the engine are still there (not scratched out). Also, you would allow the original frame to be examined and those numbers to be written down also? This whole deal comes across as fishy to me...

please don't try to insult my intelligence, you and i both no you had no interest in buying this quad, save that b.s. for someone else...you were doing what you always do..bashing someone that you and your endless wisdom have decided is doing something wrong! no where in any of your posts did ask for a phone number or say "i'm interested, but need a little more info". you did what you do constantly on this site, started suttlely in, on something/someone YOU deemed fishy and ba..boom you nail them with; accusations, threats and insults! my whole point is that there are people on this site designated to do what you keep on(so you say) doing! contact one of them. they are more than happy to do what they've been assigned to do...all you are doing is breaking the rules under the disguise of trying to be a good guy! well i think it's a bunch of crap! as far as hating you personally, wrong! i hate no one, it takes way to much energy hate someone, especially someone you don't care for in the first place. i'm warning you everytime i come across you being a self-righteous prick i'm calling you out on it! and trust me i don't look for it, you just do it so much i can't help but come across it from time to time!

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
If you are going to turn this around on me and say I break the rules constantly and get away with this lets take the time to look in the mirror.

Rule 1: If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

i think all you guys are D I KS!!

Rule 2: Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.

and on a side note...derekhonda who are you? how are you still allowed on this site?

Rule 3: Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.

you must be giving reach arounds to someone of importance on here

And as an afterthought, I was interested in buying this machine. I have cash in the bank and given a good enough deal I would have made the drive today. Do you even know me at all? I rotate quads in my garage like I change underware. Don't tell me what I was and wasn't going to do. The very first thing I check when buying a quad is if they are going to give me paperwork. If they aren't going to, **** them.

Furthermore, I did click the "report thread to moderator" button after his post of
basically i guess yea its compelte thou just no frame with the exact words of "you might want to keep an eye on this one" because that set off a huge red flag to me. I never saw a moderator step in. Maybe they thought I was doing just fine in getting all the information out on the table. Maybe they thought I was out of line...I don't really know.

And lastly, if they didn't want people to keep an eye out for fellow atv'ers, why do they have a "suspicious items for sale" stickied at the very top of the forsale section?

06-17-2006, 10:57 AM
hey its obvious you know someone of importance on this site that's why i chimed in(AND PROBALY WHY YOUR NOT TOLD MORE OFTEN TO SHUT THE HELL UP!)...i think of my self as intelligent also,i looked this over and saw no red flag...and you maybe right maybe a moderator(your buddy) did check this out, and thinks what you do is funny...well i don't, and don't believe it to be fair. what if eveyone does what you do? chaos...your right i don't know you, that's because i choose not to know ego-maniacs...all this guy said was there was no title...he didn't say he wouldn't give a bill of sale, MY GOD HE SAID P/U ONLY! who tells a hole web site to come to his house to get stolen goods? i have an 89 quadracer in the garage, no title that doesn't mean it is stolen or does it braniac...as far as the flaming/sexual references crap, yeah i broke the rules sure, but it was to proove that you repeatedly break them!...and once again i've bought and sold stuff on here and i know the questions asked when someone is really interested in something...give that a rest! save the baloney for the deli...

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 11:04 AM
hey its obvious you know someone of importance on this site that's why i chimed in(AND PROBALY WHY YOUR NOT TOLD MORE OFTEN TO SHUT THE HELL UP!)...i think of my self as intelligent also,i looked this over and saw no red flag...and you maybe right maybe a moderator(your buddy) did check this out, and thinks what you do is funny...well i don't, and don't believe it to be fair. what if eveyone does what you do? chaos...your right i don't know you, that's because i choose not to know ego-maniacs...all this guy said was there was no title...he didn't say he wouldn't give a bill of sale, MY GOD HE SAID P/U ONLY! who tells a hole web site to come to his house to get stolen goods? i have an 89 quadracer in the garage, no title that doesn't mean it is stolen or does it braniac...as far as the flaming/sexual references crap, yeah i broke the rules sure, but it was to proove that you repeatedly break them!...and once again i've bought and sold stuff on here and i know the questions asked when someone is really interested in something...give that a rest! save the baloney for the deli...

You are stuck on this whole buddy buddy thing with the moderators. I HAVE NEVER MET THE MODERATORS. THEY DON't KNOW ME AND I DON't KNOW THEM. The only contact I've ever had is pappy powdercoating some parts for me. So you can throw that theory out the window.

No red flags? I see them all over the place. Did he mention this fourwheeler had a 440 kit in it? Does it? I don't know either, but it has a 440 sticker on the side. This would probably be information that a person who did not steal the fourwheeler might bring up.

You are right, he did say there was no title. I askedor a bill of sale, however, and got an eruption of anger. If this guy was doing nothing wrong, why did he blow up, and then disappear? I would be proving myself clean (unless of course...that it was stolen...duh...then I would probably act just like him and leave quickly)

You are yet to make any points with me...

krt400ex
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
You are stuck on this whole buddy buddy thing with the moderators. I HAVE NEVER MET THE MODERATORS. THEY DON't KNOW ME AND I DON't KNOW THEM. The only contact I've ever had is pappy powdercoating some parts for me. So you can throw that theory out the window.

No red flags? I see them all over the place. Did he mention this fourwheeler had a 440 kit in it? Does it? I don't know either, but it has a 440 sticker on the side. This would probably be information that a person who did not steal the fourwheeler might bring up.

You are right, he did say there was no title. I askedor a bill of sale, however, and got an eruption of anger. If this guy was doing nothing wrong, why did he blow up, and then disappear? I would be proving myself clean (unless of course...that it was stolen...duh...then I would probably act just like him and leave quickly)

You are yet to make any points with me...

he's got a point. usually people get very defensive if they're being challenged and they don't have the answeres or they know they are wrong or if they are trying to hide something. but, on the other hand, it's not always good to jump to conclusions right away.

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 11:56 AM
he's got a point. usually people get very defensive if they're being challenged and they don't have the answeres or they know they are wrong or if they are trying to hide something. but, on the other hand, it's not always good to jump to conclusions right away.

Thanks, that is a very good point though. I just find it a lot better to error on the side of caution. I found this dumb quote from a dumb movie and it made me think about this situation:

"cuz when im right, im right and when im wrong, i coulda been right so im still right cuz i coulda been wrong"

As I have been saying, this whole situation could have been played out differently if Hawhatwhat would have said one sentence: "Yes, I will give a bill of sale, and all of the VIN numbers are visible for you to examine"

06-17-2006, 11:56 AM

hold on before you read into why people get defensive(it looked to me like he was p'ssed off, not defensive), i went to college for psychology so what you are calling defensive i call anger. if some bozo who i could quickly see wasn't interested in what i was selling started making accusations i also would fire back....go look at A A R O N 's 250r thread, he got awfully "defensive" for me just asking him a simple question...

and derekhonda the only thing i'm stuck on is you going around this site being a self-righteous prick, unchecked...and what a surprise that i'm making no points with you...
:rolleyes: ..of course then again i didn't know i was trying...

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 12:00 PM
hold on before you read into why people get defensive(it looked to me like he was p'ssed off, not defensive), i went to college for psychology so what you are calling defensive i call anger. if some bozo who i could quickly see wasn't interested in what i was selling started making accusations i also would fire back....go look at A A R O N 's 250r thread, he got awfully "defensive" for me just asking him a simple question...

and derekhonda the only thing i'm stuck on is you going around this site being a self-righteous prick, unchecked...and what a surprise that i'm making no points with you...

There you go breaking the rules again, guess I should start chiming in everytime you do something wrong. I am just going to drop this whole thing with you, here after you get a chance to read this I am just putting you on my ignore list. You should just do the same. Later

06-17-2006, 12:13 PM
what a hypocrite!! goes around breaking the rules, then cries foul when someone does it to him!! big surprise! ignore me all you want, but like i said when i see you unfairly picking on someone/something(which isn't hard, you seem to do it quite often) i'm calling you out and whatever uneducated rabble you have with you too!

i made sure not to use any bad words as i know how they must hurt your ears...they just don't seem to bother you when you're spewing them out!!

i think my work here is done...;)

IGNORE THAT!!!

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 12:18 PM
what a hypocrite!! goes around breaking the rules, then cries foul when someone does it to him!! big surprise! ignore me all you want, but like i said when i see you unfairly picking on someone/something(which isn't hard, you seem to do it quite often) i'm calling you out and whatever uneducated rabble you have with you too!

i made sure not to use any bad words as i know how they must hurt your ears...they just don't seem to bother you when you're spewing them out!!

i think my work here is done...;)

IGNORE THAT!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

You were the one crying foul, then I pointed out you were doing the same thing. Talk about hippocrasy. I was trying to be the bigger man and just end the fued but aparantly you don't want peace. Thats fine, I can verbally spar with the best of them. See you around, lerch.

06-17-2006, 12:34 PM
and by the way there is no feud i'm telling you to quit picking on people, or i will pick on you! typical bully tries to squirm out when someone steps up! i wasn't crying foul i was saying you're a self-righteous prick!(sorry if that word is to harsh) as far as sparring...you don't spar you attack, big difference! like i said before, you're getting called out everytime you open your ego-centric mouth! if you want to be positve, and a contributing person on this site i won't bother you again...but i don't think you're capable! so that's why you haven't heard the last of me!! i'll bring myself down to your level in heartbeat if i think it will make this site better!

so much for you ignoring me huh? you got nothing for me and you know it! so back off while you got the shot...boy..:devil:

krt400ex
06-17-2006, 12:50 PM

the first thing derek asked was for vin, bill of sale, ect... then hawhatwhat exploded. it was unprovoked anger. derek didn't state that he wasn't interested, he just wanted all the info before he got serious about anything. derek made accusations after hawhatwhat blew up at him. i don't condone the accusations but there was no need for hawhatwhat to get angry at someone looking for some info.

250rmike
06-17-2006, 12:54 PM
mods please close this thread it not going to get this guy anywhere with selling his bike.

on a side note do you have a signed bill of sale with numbers for the frame and motor? if not are they scratched off. i myself am not interested in the bike/parts at this moment but this might help you sell it alittle faster

06-17-2006, 01:10 PM

is this the post where your saying that he asked for a bill of sale? "i don't mind to keep riding your ***" why would you be "riding" someone if you're really interested? wouldn't it be better to ask more along the lines "sorry to be asking so many questions, but there is obviously shady things that go on on the interenet" he's trying to get this guys blood up...i've seen him do it before...next the "not scratched out" an accusation that this guy some how has done something shady....and last "this whole deal comes across as fishy to me" another accusation....then the guy gets pissed and derekhonda justifies the means because of the ends....when all along the guy was just trying to sell something, so he didn't use the right verbage, that doesn't make him a crook! you guys said it yourselves, he's new to the site, i'm sure the first couple of times i tried to sell something on here the descriptions weren't perfect!....derekhonda obviously could have asked the guy to pm him a number and could have called...all these questions could have been asked then, but throwing out accusations in front of the whole site...yeah like i said i'd be ticked too....and last this guy was not trying to anonynmously sell stuff thru the mail...he saying come to my house and pick it up!!! duh!! come on krt400ex please say you got a better justification than this...:rolleyes:

06-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
mods please close this thread it not going to get this guy anywhere with selling his bike.

on a side note do you have a signed bill of sale with numbers for the frame and motor? if not are they scratched off. i myself am not interested in the bike/parts at this moment but this might help you sell it alittle faster

yeah it might not help him sell...that's if he even comes back!! and i disagree...moderators don't erase until i can please get a reason why some people are allowed to go around the site, that are not moderators and attack people "they" deem fishy...

krt400ex
06-17-2006, 02:48 PM
is this the post where your saying that he asked for a bill of sale? "i don't mind to keep riding your ***" why would you be "riding" someone if you're really interested? wouldn't it be better to ask more along the lines "sorry to be asking so many questions, but there is obviously shady things that go on on the interenet" he's trying to get this guys blood up...i've seen him do it before...next the "not scratched out" an accusation that this guy some how has done something shady....and last "this whole deal comes across as fishy to me" another accusation....then the guy gets pissed and derekhonda justifies the means because of the ends....when all along the guy was just trying to sell something, so he didn't use the right verbage, that doesn't make him a crook! you guys said it yourselves, he's new to the site, i'm sure the first couple of times i tried to sell something on here the descriptions weren't perfect!....derekhonda obviously could have asked the guy to pm him a number and could have called...all these questions could have been asked then, but throwing out accusations in front of the whole site...yeah like i said i'd be ticked too....and last this guy was not trying to anonynmously sell stuff thru the mail...he saying come to my house and pick it up!!! duh!! come on krt400ex please say you got a better justification than this...:rolleyes:

you're right, he could have said what he was trying to say a little more nicely than that. i'm torn on the issue. i guess i'll leave u guys to argue over it because i don't know what to think. u brought up a good point though.

06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
you're right, he could have said what he was trying to say a little more nicely than that. i'm torn on the issue. i guess i'll leave u guys to argue over it because i don't know what to think. u brought up a good point though.

i'm not arguing i'm telling mr.(wannabe)vigilante justice to knock it off, but don't worry he's crying to somebody and this will all dissapear, or he will no longer reply because someone is on to him..like i said typical bully!...and he'll be off to do it again and again...thanks for the comment though i'm glad to see you realize the innaproppriateness of the whole thing...:ermm:

krt400ex
06-17-2006, 04:12 PM
i'm not arguing i'm telling mr.(wannabe)vigilante justice to knock it off, but don't worry he's crying to somebody and this will all dissapear, or he will no longer reply because someone is on to him..like i said typical bully!...and he'll be off to do it again and again...thanks for the comment though i'm glad to see you realize the innaproppriateness of the whole thing...:ermm:

u know, u are acting a little prideful yourself. like i said, i can see where u are comming from. u guys both made ur point and why can't u just agree to disagree.

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 04:20 PM

Hahaha, so you dont like how I handled myself in the situation, so then you in turn stoop down to my level (as you so elegantly put it) to make your point. You say I attacked him...so then you attack me. That is a great way to handle it.

I still see nothing wrong with my first posts to him. If you go back through any of my post inquiring on other peoples items for sale you will almost always find this phrase " and I am assuming you have no problem writing me a bill of sale, correct? " Maybe I was more blunt about this one, but then again I have never bought something without a frame (you know, that thing that holds the VIN numbers, the main distinguishing mark that makes fourwheelers different and the only mark the authories hang onto to trace stolen goods, yeah that one)

Gee, you sure are right!!

Well, I am off to camp for the night, I will be riding my fourwheeler that has the original frame and the VIN numbers still intact (just incase you were wondering)

derekhonda
06-17-2006, 04:34 PM

Wow you are relentless. I have not reported this to anyone. Why do you think I go running to the mods, do you think im scared of you and your harsh words? Forget that. As far as my 'vigilante justice,' as I have stated before, the one thing I hate is a thief. And as you said in another post, about me not adding anything to the site, well you didnt seem to think that here http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190299 . Drop the attitude. Your rediculous accusations might almost be comparable to mine. hahahahaha

wilkin250r
06-17-2006, 09:09 PM
I'll settle it here and now.

There was nothing at all wrong with derekhonda's questions. Fact is, there ARE a lot of shady deals that occur on the internet, and this one did seem a little suspicious. A guy was selling everything EXCEPT the item that contained the VIN number, the one distinguishing characteristic used to track stolen vehicles. It isn't proof positive the seller is a crook, but it DOES raise awareness.

And there was nothing wrong with derek asking those questions in the open instead of in PMs. Me, personally, I WANT these questions asked in the open, to protect unsuspecting buyers.

Here is the real clincher. IF IF IF there was nothing suspicious going on, all the seller would need to do is say "Yes, I'll provide a bill of sale, and I would also let the buyer inspect the frame". Clear, simple, up-front. If the seller has nothing to hide, then he doesn't have anything to fear.

It sound cheesy and cliche, but awareness is everybody's responsibility. There's nothing wrong with derek stepping up, although he could probably have done it more tactfully. However, lerch, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT your responsibility to flame or attack other members. If you have a problem with another member and any "self-righteous" posts, bring it to a moderator's attention, do NOT handle it yourself and create a flame war. Consider yourself warned.