PDA

View Full Version : How Does Everyone Like The Fuel Injection

426ex44
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
how does everyone like the fuel injection?is it a pain in the *** to mess with after you get the different pipe and cherryomb, and all the other maps? let me know because iam thinking about buying a ltr and i wanna know if it is comlicated.

LIL440EX
06-15-2006, 02:43 PM
i think its way nicer.. the cherry bomb just pulgs in , and there are like a few more plug in all around the bike..
i think it is easyer that jetting..thats just my opinion..

tfs411
06-15-2006, 03:55 PM
It was a lot easier to plug the cherry bomb in on the LTR than it was to take off the plastics, gas tank, and rejet on my rappy

DBF1972
06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I think it's great, plus it is the way of the future for our sport / hobby. The mods I have done to mine, weren't that bad at all! I am very pleased with my LTR450, and am very impressed for a first year machine like the quad racer. Just had the frame recall welding done, and I am back to the track!

The Yoshimura cherry bomb & PIM modules both just plug right in. Very easy to install.

Great products!

hard one
06-17-2006, 02:34 PM
love it, friggin awsome
got mine today

KWAD GAWD
06-17-2006, 09:20 PM
The EFI is super smooth. No pain at all... No choke, no gas valve. Doesn't even flood. Starts fast, uses less gas. Super easy throttle, quick throttle response. I love it!

firefighterjosh
06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
They still do have a choke??? Whats the little lever for that makes it rev up? Isn't that a choke? I think FI is OK. Easy tunning but I like being able to work on my quad without a Computer program that cost 2k. It like the cars today I can't even change my own spark plugs without pulling the MOTOR:mad:

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
They still do have a choke??? Whats the little lever for that makes it rev up? Isn't that a choke? I think FI is OK. Easy tunning but I like being able to work on my quad without a Computer program that cost 2k. It like the cars today I can't even change my own spark plugs without pulling the MOTOR:mad:

The little lever is the fast idle lever for cold start. Not entirely necessary...

After 20 years of riding, and fairly knowledgeable about carb tuning, I LOVE the fuel injection! ;)

KWAD GAWD
06-18-2006, 06:21 PM
It's just an idle advance lever... it raises the idle. But everyone is doing away with them anyway, taping the end up and tucking them under the hood somewhere.

Fast@$$Rider
06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
the fuel injection is awesome super easy for tuning and the throttle response is awesome.

firefighterjosh
06-22-2006, 03:35 AM
IC IC Thanks!