PDA

View Full Version : world cup, any futbol (soccer) fans?!!!!1

juanki
06-15-2006, 09:05 AM
here in mexico tha fans for futbol are a ton, in most parts of mexico there is people that plays in many difrerent cirunstances, once i saw a tv program where there where blind people playing, anyways.

has any one have been folowing the world cup? its been really great, many goals and really good games.

of course, i'm cheering for mexico, they will pass to the second round, but from there, it will be tough.

just want to hear your opinions about the woprld cup.

06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
haha its great man. the only games i've missed are because i was in school, but i taped all of them so its all good

i have all the scores down on my chart. i have argentina loosing to brazil in the finals and i have france loosing to england in the conselation match

and this is a funny fact:
if u pull on someones shirt, you get a $41,000 fine

thats so much $$$$...but not to them :D

06-15-2006, 10:02 AM
hey...just wondering, would you want to get the whole world cup on a set of DVD's?? i'll hook you up with a good price

let me know

tim colston
06-15-2006, 11:45 AM
No offense but soccer is boring to watch. I wouldn't have been the athlete in high school and college in football if it weren't for soccer in my early years. It is just like watching paint dry.

juanki
06-15-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont watch soccer games when the national leage is playing, i'd rather see b-ball, or other sports, even volleyball.

but the worlcup is something else, the best of the best is there, and for once every 4 years, i think is a must to watch whatever game you can find.

the people that goes to the mathces are amazing. here in local tv, they have live reports and also taped, of the fans when they are enetring the stadiums and the party after, i'll tell you, wish i was there. just imagine, lots of beer, and girls all arround the world.

tim colston
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
just imagine, lots of beer, and girls all arround the world. [/B]

[/QUOTE]

I would go for the party. Good point. Puntang from around the world.

06-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
No offense but soccer is boring to watch. I wouldn't have been the athlete in high school and college in football if it weren't for soccer in my early years. It is just like watching paint dry.

wait i dont get it...you dont like soccer but you were a star athelete in college and high school because of soccer in your early life?

06-15-2006, 12:21 PM
It is just like watching paint dry.

dry paint...are you serious?

i'd say most boring thing to watch is definetly baseball...with all the stop inbetween innings and the commercials, how many times you get to hit a ball...seriously, soccer is nonstop. there is a set time to play and you only go for that amount of time

sorry but baseball sucks

and the football gets boring b/c of all the time outs and ***** like that but its better then baseball

06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
oh and you cant forget the hott @$$ sweden chicks!! ;) :p

tim colston
06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Please re-read my post. I said nothing about not disliking soccer. I just don't like watching it. I played soccer year round until 7th grade then changed to football. Soccer gave me some great skills and agility. Not to mention a lot of corridination (sp). I used a lot of those basic athletic skills to accel in football. I am in no way putting soccer down i think that it is a great sport.

tim colston
06-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Baseball suck to watch as well.

honduh440
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Baseball suck to watch as well.

because you know nothing about it your as good as a woman watching it

watts16
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
dry paint...are you serious?

i'd say most boring thing to watch is definetly baseball...with all the stop inbetween innings and the commercials, how many times you get to hit a ball...seriously, soccer is nonstop. there is a set time to play and you only go for that amount of time

sorry but baseball sucks

and the football gets boring b/c of all the time outs and ***** like that but its better then baseball

I agree with you about the soccer nut not badeball, I dont really like soccer but these cup games are fun to watch.:o

tim colston
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
because you know nothing about it your as good as a woman watching it

whenever you want to stop screwing your sheep out there in kansas, you can come to ohio and i will treat you to an *** kicking free of charge. Your above comment was uncalled for, the last time i checked everone had a right to an opinion. d ick

derekhonda
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
hahaha, settle down children

juanki
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

sometimes baseball is boring, well most sports can be, depends on the game.

now as for the world cup, there has been teo or three boring games, but most of them had been really good.

yesterday game, germany vs poland, man, that looked like the army shooting missles to irak, shot aftr shot, and the goalkeeper of poland stoping evey one of them, until the last minute germany got a goal, that was a fun game to watch.

spdygonzalez450
06-15-2006, 01:20 PM
yea i have been watching all the cup games i cant get enough of them. i am watching the paragruy(sp?) and sweeden game right now. such a good game tons of action. it is going to suck when it is not on anymore. i will hav to wait another 4 years.

tim colston
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by juanki
sometimes baseball is boring, well most sports can be, depends on the game.

now as for the world cup, there has been teo or three boring games, but most of them had been really good.

yesterday game, germany vs poland, man, that looked like the army shooting missles to irak, shot aftr shot, and the goalkeeper of poland stoping evey one of them, until the last minute germany got a goal, that was a fun game to watch.

I could watch a game like that. I must have just caught some sucky games.

juanki
06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
mexico plays tomorrow.....................

will be cherring with a corona.....

for my time zone will be at noon.... so its p.m. drinking time lol

06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

WHAT!? YOU WANTIN' TO START SOMETHING....PUNK!? *backhand*

250xridamatt
06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Too bad the US sucked on tuesday. Demarcus Beasley is from my town and I spoke with him a few times before he made his huge break. That makes it more interesting to actually know the guy playing out there. I dont think we are going to make it out of the first round, but Ill definately be watching on saturday to see how we fair against Italy.

honduh440
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
whenever you want to stop screwing your sheep out there in kansas, you can come to ohio and i will treat you to an *** kicking free of charge. Your above comment was uncalled for, the last time i checked everone had a right to an opinion. d ick

can you honestly tell me that you know more about the game then my girlfriend does?

lmao....... like i said your as good as a woman BETCH!

06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
can you honestly tell me that you know more about the game then my girlfriend does?

lmao....... like i said your as good as a woman BETCH!

WHAT!? YOU WANTIN' TO START SOMETHING....PUNK!? *backhand*

06-16-2006, 06:22 PM
lmao...angola tied with mexico

5th in the world my *****

:o :ermm: :huh :rolleyes: :eek2:

mps211
06-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Watching soccer is a lot of fun and the fans from other countries are carzy about it. It's like nothing that goes on here in the states. There are people with thier countries flags, faces paited, and wearing team colors going NUTS. Maybe americans should care about thier country as much as these people do about theres.

juanki
06-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
lmao...angola tied with mexico

5th in the world my *****

:o :ermm: :huh :rolleyes: :eek2:

well at least they have one more point.
wasnt a good game.

i know that fifa is crasy with their standings, but they make the standings, so.

bayou boy
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
I returned today from brazil so I was there for their game tuesday. basicly everything shuts down for the game no cars on the streets etc. we went watch the game at a lil bar down the street from where i stayed and I must say it was awesome. i barely understood a word that was said but when brazil scored the guy was shooting fireworks out the window of the bar the whole place went nuts. after they won it was even crazier. the bar emptied and the streets came to life. people came out the wood work. they were blowing horns making their motorcycles backfire. they had a couple of cars that had like 6 people standing on the roof of the car jumping up and down....lol after a few minutes i noticed the car roofs were toast. after a while the street got so packed no traffic could pass. the police just watched like nothing was going on. it was crazy but it was fun to see. they say the further brazil goes the crazier it gets. wish i could have stayed a week or two more to see it. I would like to see the usa make it but i dont see it happening. my second choice is brazil. those people love soccer it is all they talk about.

dvx rider1
06-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I've played soccer for 25 years and I will say it is tough to watch on t.v, but the world cup is different. Look how much pride those people have in their country!! Imagine if the US had that much pride. A win in the world cup means calm times for some war-ridden countries (Angola, Ivory Coast), no other sport has that effect. It's fun to root for the underdog countries like the aforementioned, and when they change the camera angle to the on field one, watch how quick those guys are. And for anyone who incorrectly thinks that soccer is not physical, watch the world cup.

juanki
06-17-2006, 09:05 AM
soccer is the sport that is played by most people in the world, and it does have an effect on people, some times it gets a little too far, like hooligans in england, but that another story.

The Us plays in a few hours, good luck.

juanki
06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
THIS GROUP IS UP FOR GRABS

if the us wins they will be all tied up, they have a chance now, the checz lost 2-0