PDA

View Full Version : Blingstar nerf installation

Architects
06-15-2006, 03:29 AM
I just got a set of Blingstar John Natalie nerfs. It came with some bolts and no instructions. Your thinking right how hard could installing nerfs be. Well Im sitting here looking at these 4 bolts that I have no Idea where they go. The only way I see them going somewhere requires drilling and that just doesnt seem right. Any instruction available? Ill probably have to call up blingstar tomorrow.

Edit
Just answered my own question. Does require drilling!
http://blingstar.com/resources/Honda_450R_Pro_Peg.pdf

bananas
06-15-2006, 05:53 AM
It's a joke most of the time their is no instructions. Get a new axle and pay 300 or 400 with no instructions. And when you do they suck!!!!

Architects
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Yah. I love how they say 15 minute installation. Ive far surpassed the 15 minute mark. I still have to drill a bunch of holes yet. WHAT A JOKE

playhorse
06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
What you will also notice once you have the Nerfs on is that your pegs will sit higher than stock. If you flip the peg mount over the nerfs sit too low compared to the frame, but your foot placing will be more correct. You'll have to adjust your shifter and rear brake. The nerfs do look good and work decent, but the design sucks.

I've already invested my $$$$ into these nerfs, but can't recommend them to anyone else. The raised foot pegs make my knees bend more when sitting and it doesn't feel right. A little more effort to get off the seat, shift, and brake. After a day's ride that's gonna add up.

red2004 TRX450R
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
wonder what that Blingstar guy uses that long pinkie nail for!!! :bandit: