PDA

View Full Version : rev box gains?

john.E.business
06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I was just curious as to what benifits a rev box would be to get for my R with the limited mods as posted below? i was thinking it would be a nice way to increase my power band for the extra rpms and maybe even help with hill climbs and what not for being able to rev it a little higher? any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well what does it take to install one?

bwilson624
06-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Most give you an extra 1000rpms which would lengthen your powerband. It would help you on hill climbs. Most are just plug in.

4ABURN
06-15-2006, 06:03 AM
If you are spending the money on a rev box, to get the benifits out of it you should put a cam in. If not it just more were and tear with no real pluses.You are past your peek on your power curve and on your way down in power.( thats no good)IF hills are your game and you want to hit them faster, gear down one tooth and hit it in 3rd. Just my to cents:D

angry450r
06-15-2006, 09:14 AM
it absolutley needs a cam to feel any difference. if someone tells you different they are just plain stupid! if you look at any graph on the 450r you will see it does not make power up high it really falls off past 9k so pushing to 10k or more will do nothing but like 4aburn said just shorten the life of the quad. now a cam ,a pipe and some jets that would be nice.just my .02

chad502ex
06-15-2006, 09:41 AM
a programmable Dynojet ignition module can provide a measurable gain on the dynometer and the butt dyno too. there are four selectable curves to choose from. all of these curves you can really feel when the improvements are made in the rpm range. I have been testing my own DRG curves on the dyno and seen positive results on the dyno and the seat. I have the programming setup to be able to upload custom curves or limits, but in general the Dynotek is my preferred module.

john.E.business
06-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Yea i dont think i would want to spend the 500$ on a programable one but i was just thinking that if the limited mods i have pipe k&n and jets would help to give me a lil longer power band then that would be nice for what im looking for... i was going to get a cam earlier in the season but i've pretty much decided im going to sell my bike next yr at the start of the season so i dont really wanna put to much money into it now... just looking for a cheap mods for abit more performance...

Vader
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
a programmable Dynojet ignition module can provide a measurable gain on the dynometer and the butt dyno too. there are four selectable curves to choose from. all of these curves you can really feel when the improvements are made in the rpm range. I have been testing my own DRG curves on the dyno and seen positive results on the dyno and the seat. I have the programming setup to be able to upload custom curves or limits, but in general the Dynotek is my preferred module.

Chad, can you elaborate on your dynotek measurable gain results? The only gain in HP I have ever seen in dyno testing mutliple curves was in overrev, where the stock box limit ends. My experience is no measurable gain (actually slight loss) over stock box up to stock limiter