PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about when you ride?

400eXr1d3rZ
06-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I think of metal music, and sometimes talk to my self

06-14-2006, 09:36 PM
CHICKS DIG SCARS

Pro400EXC
06-14-2006, 09:36 PM
i think about....umm

hmmm..

think here

Umm My Riding?

I guess not everyone thinks about there riding or what lines they should take and what not....

sakirocket28
06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
i think about country music and not throwing my girlfriend off the back haha.

zeppelin
06-14-2006, 09:41 PM
when im doing mx or something really fast im 100% on riding. but when im doing trails or kinda cruising down a long straight i think about all kinds of stuff...

Mxjunkie
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I think about my family now and then so I dont try anything dumb I cant do.. cause we all know hardcore XC guys arent too good at mx even though we'd like to be lol

red4r
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
i think about what im gonna do later..wat im gonna get to eat...sum rock music....if i crash i hope my dad will buy me a new front end lol... random chit...

Quad18star
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Whenever I ride now , I'm always thinking ...." Is someone gunna come flying over the next hill and hit me?"

But before , I'd focus on riding ..... or sometimes think about what needed to be ordered at work or think up strategies on how to promote an item !!!

400exrules
06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
i constantly say to myself, WWBBD? "what would Bill Ballance do?"......and then i hammer down lol

LTZ400rider
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
it depends, but when im in unknown territory i always think about how much it would suck to break down miles away from the truck, and have the person in front of u keep goin and not notice ur behind. usually im thinkin about keepin up with the group and pushin my self balls to the walls

when im around my local stompin grounds i usually just think about tearin chit up and most the time just hang out and talk in the woods

alot of times i talk to myself and think about my problems

when i cut my grass i always talk to myself

06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
when im doing mx or something really fast im 100% on riding. but when im doing trails or kinda cruising down a long straight i think about all kinds of stuff...

same

06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
I think about rock music and/or how long can I hold this wheelie and stuff like that.

xtullyx16
06-14-2006, 10:20 PM
i dunno.. i only trail ride but when i ride it really helps me relax... and gives me a thrill at the same thing..... i think about all the **** going on around... ex g/f **** and stuff...

06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
If its hard fast riding that I am not used to, im maping out the trail ahead in my mind so i turn right times around rocks and trees and such.

otherwise... anything goes :devil:

4punksdad
06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
we trail ride most times..........and with a group of riders with different skill levels. My thoughts usually are what trails I can hit without causing the inexperienced riders difficulty or injury since I normally lead the group..............and I always think about the guy directly behind me.

DieselBoy
06-14-2006, 11:41 PM
i think about the engine and what could eff up next :macho

Donkey1
06-15-2006, 06:17 AM
I think about keeping up with 4punks without falling off.

rbgnwa45
06-15-2006, 07:15 AM
I think about nothing when I'm riding. I think about the task at hand. When I'm cutting the lawn at 2mph that's another story. I usually have my mp3 player with me, and I pretty much just think about the randomist chit you could think of, and I don't know why. and yes I do talk to myself :p It goes something like this...

So what are you doing?
Im cuttin the lawn
Why?
Cuz I was told to
Your getting paid for it!
Hell yeah!
put it in 5th to get it done faster
right on

JRP
06-15-2006, 07:23 AM
when im practcing on my track for mx, im all concentrated on just riding hard, and pushing myself. When i cruise around with other friends and when we do wheelies im thinking about whatever. hah

trick250r
06-15-2006, 07:40 AM
when i race MX i just psych myself up, think about lines, think about the g/f and family, but i cant think about wrecking. i think it was jon guetter who said, i dont look at a jump as it could go wrong, i look at it as how it can go right... or something like that.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-15-2006, 08:25 AM
"I hope i make it, i hope i make it! Oh chit!!!"

red2004 TRX450R
06-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
we trail ride most times..........and with a group of riders with different skill levels. My thoughts usually are what trails I can hit without causing the inexperienced riders difficulty or injury since I normally lead the group..............and I always think about the guy directly behind me.

and when im at a racing pace I concentrate 95% on the task at hand and 5% on how out of shape I'm in. and after about hour and forty five minutes its the other way around.

that reminds me i need to hit the gym tonight.

EvilJester400EX
06-15-2006, 11:07 AM
If I didn't kill all of my brain cells, I'd tell you.

bwamos
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm usually thinking.. dang, I really need to upgrade to a 450.. lol.

nosliw
06-15-2006, 11:46 AM
i always think about stuff i could buy and add to help my riding.....

also think about stuff i can buy for the truck, quads, ect...

but first and foremost i try not to crash

KWAD GAWD
06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I think about picking good lines, and having good shift points. Isn't that what eveyone thinks about?

DVXchic
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Whenever I ride now , I'm always thinking ...." Is someone gunna come flying over the next hill and hit me?"

Same here, trail riding sucks around here, too much traffic.

Last fall my boyfriend and i were flying through some usually empty trails, came around a corner that had 2 options, i took one and jeff took the other, he almost slammed into a 4x4 that the hunter decided to park right on the trail while he was lined up to shoot across the trail into a field, Duhh, We don't trail too much anymore, race bikes suck in the trails anyway.

honduh440
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
i always tell myself over and over to breathe nice and consistant and to be 100% relaxed in the air and on straights. then think about lines and ur competition

trick250r
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
i dont think about the competition... screws me up

Honda TRX250ex
06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I think about girls to tell you the truth. Riding clears my mind. Somtimes i think of what to do next when somthing is comming up on a trail like shifting gears or leaning and stuff about that but most of the time girls.

RaptorRacer45
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Usually just sing and play songs in my head........talk to myself for momentum and keep goin the best i can:macho

fatkid400
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Usually I think about what line Im "supposed" to be taking but somtimes its "oh god this is going to hurt" or just the plain old"OW OW OW OW"!!! Or the 1 everyone knows "OH THIS IS GOING TO COST ALOT"!!!!

400exrules
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fatkid400
Usually I think about what line Im "supposed" to be taking but somtimes its "oh god this is going to hurt" or just the plain old"OW OW OW OW"!!! Or the 1 everyone knows "OH THIS IS GOING TO COST ALOT"!!!!

yah, when i come down a hill or around a corner alittle hot i just tense up and times slows down and i just start thinkin "AG AG AG AG, OUCH OUCH EEHHHH!!" lol

Sjorge450R
06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i constantly say to myself, WWBBD? "what would Bill Ballance do?"......and then i hammer down lol

me too, but for me its, WWCBD. "what would Chrish Borich Do?

DieselBoy
06-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Little off topic, but... do any of you worry your going to crash when you're on the trails cause of someone flyn WOT in opposite direction over a hill or somethin? that worries me, i really dont want a head on collision with another quad cause that would be friggin painful.

Or am I the only one??:p

Honda#4
06-15-2006, 08:55 PM
when im jumping i just clear my head and think about jumping cus u cant be thinking about stuff or something gonna come down on you.and i think about flying like a bird sounds dumb but it feels so good.

suck my pipe
06-15-2006, 09:04 PM
um sounds kinda weird but when i get real serious, I think like the other half of my brain takes over or sumthin. i'll just be focusing and picking lines and trying to go fast as i can and all of a suden ill get to a point and ill snap back to reality. NO CLUE what just happened, i'll like be off thinking about somthing that has nothing to do with riding or where i'm at!

If any body else dose this please post, i think its kind of weird, never wrecked when this happens, and always get where i was planing on going. I also do it in the car and on my street bike. must be safe thoe as i said ive never wrecked or lost control. It's not like sleeping just like day dreaming and my brain thinks for it self!

Honda TRX250ex
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Little off topic, but... do any of you worry your going to crash when you're on the trails cause of someone flyn WOT in opposite direction over a hill or somethin? that worries me, i really dont want a head on collision with another quad cause that would be friggin painful.

Or am I the only one??:p
lol i think about that one alot because i would hate to hit another quad head on in 4th gear...

trx400exxracer
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
well ussually the person in front of me that doesnt want to move after I yelled I start talking about there momma and then rear end them

Moto250X_Rider
06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
i don't think...i get in the zone and ride it like i stole it......
that and i tell myself it sucks to be bolted to a hospital bed for 3 weeks.....bin there...done that...and rather not go back...so it make me be more intune to what i'm doing cause i don't need another fake knee cap lol

Pappy
06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Top 10 things pappy thinks about when he is riding....

10. Do I have enough gas

9. Do I still have the keys to my truck

8. Did I stash my wallet good enough

7. Who am I kidding, I'd bone her anytime

6. If Pamala Anderson wasnt such a skank id bone her silly

5. I hope that crunch wasn't my cell phone

4. I hear you, and I will move over the first chance i get

3. That $100 skid plate sure sounds like its getting the snot
beat out of it

2. No worries, the wife said she paid my life insurance:huh

And the number 1 thing pappy thinks about when riding is......

1. Did we get enough ice on the beer before we left:devil:

Moto250X_Rider
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
chicks dig scars ...........metal shin plate 11 screws 2 pins and a fake knee

mx428
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
1. Is this squid going to move over?
2. Should I scrub this?
3. Are my elbows up?
4. Is that the best line?
5. I hope my girfriend just saw me jump that.
6. Should I try to make these 2 jump's into 1?
7. I wonder whats happening on exriders right now?
8. I wonder if my myspace has gotten any comments?
9. I wonder if anyone got a picture of that?
10. I should really be thinking about riding.

Repeat.

250r rider 88
06-15-2006, 10:28 PM
clear my mind of all things except rifing what im doing, what im gonna do , what line, etc. this is how i relieve my stress and get away from it all i just like the free fealing it gives me

i also agree with Pappy' s # 1 thing lol

Punk'd
06-15-2006, 10:41 PM
- I attempt to sing rock music.. (To myself or Quietly.. haha)
- G/F and what she'd do to me if I got hurt or did something stupid. :scary: .. (Scary to think about)

Other than that.. I mostly think about my riding.:scary:

Yfz450dan
06-16-2006, 05:36 AM
before a new jump,and i want to clear it ithink,"i gota do this,IGOTTA DO THIS",

once i cleared it and move on , its all just being happy... "YYYEEAA BOYYYY!!!!"

Yfz450dan
06-16-2006, 05:38 AM
also at the kids track little kid fall down alot,right after the jump.so then i think...
"hope i dont land on some little kid!!!"LOL!:D

mikeB
06-16-2006, 05:38 AM
moslty likesz girls butts and boobs yoyo know howsz it is.......

Yfz450dan
06-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by mikeB
moslty likesz girls butts and boobs yoyo know howsz it is.......

interesting mind u got there!:p

theTman
06-16-2006, 05:43 AM
sometimes im focused and dont say or think about anything, other times i sing to myself wicked loud...for somereason i always chew gum when i ride, it may sound weird but i feel that it helps me concentrate more...prolly so i dont choke LOL

mikeB
06-16-2006, 05:43 AM
well i mine aswell think about them...

i cant talksz to them

theTman
06-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by mikeB
well i mine aswell think about them...

i cant talksz to them

your annoying, go away

red2004 TRX450R
06-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
um sounds kinda weird but when i get real serious, I think like the other half of my brain takes over or sumthin. i'll just be focusing and picking lines and trying to go fast as i can and all of a suden ill get to a point and ill snap back to reality. NO CLUE what just happened, i'll like be off thinking about somthing that has nothing to do with riding or where i'm at!

If any body else dose this please post, i think its kind of weird, never wrecked when this happens, and always get where i was planing on going. I also do it in the car and on my street bike. must be safe thoe as i said ive never wrecked or lost control. It's not like sleeping just like day dreaming and my brain thinks for it self!

I do that some times, mostly it in the car. I use to drive 30 miles one way to school then work and when i got there I was like wow how did i get here. "this ant right"

rbgnwa45
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Something must have happened to my friend's brain one night when he drove his atc to pickup a pizza about 5 km away. He said he zoned out driving down the road and ended up 10 km past the house on the way back :huh Sometimes I meditate while riding.

m_townsgreatest
06-16-2006, 12:28 PM
I think Can I make that? If I dont make it will I be able to get off or ride away after the crash?

I also think of all the BS in my life when I'm trail riding and then I leave it all on the trail.

400exrider99
06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
the trails im riding and i talk to myself on the trails alot

procircuit406ex
06-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

haha lol i kinda like that:D

but i like WWCBD better:devil: