PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty questions...

tazman7
06-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I stopped in and talked to the Suzuki dealer about one of the new lt-450r's. And he was saying that I coudl buy an extended warrenty that covers the next 4 years.

If I put aftermarket stuff on it wont it void it? (Meaning, shocks, cherry bomb, exhaust, axle?)

I am kind of hesitant about buying one of these quads simply because of the tranny problems and electrical problems I have heard alot of people talk about.

LIL440EX
06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
those problems were with the first ones out, all the bugs should be out by now.. i got one in may, nothing wrong yet..
and i dont think it will void the warrenty..

#4mxz440
06-15-2006, 07:14 AM
i got mine at the end of january and i havent had a problem yet, and ive rode the $#!t outta it

DezSled
06-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I would call other dealerships in your area to see what exactly what the warranty is all about. My dealership said that as long as I don't open up the engine that everything is covered for the entire warranty coverage timeframe. Pipes, suspension, etc... won't affect the warranty. That way you can talk with the dealership you choose with an informed point of view. "Dealership X said that they cover this and that, can you provide the same?" The LT-R450 is a great quad.

berge75
06-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Here's the skinny on the warranty. They only cover a STOCK machine that is not being raced.
Things that will void warranty:cherry bombs,power commanders,
competion use
any motor mods
exhaust mods
so basicly,if you have one and it breaks,you bring it to the dealer stock,and admitt nothing. Where lucky to have any warranty,considering dirtbikes get none.