PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Seat Grommets

06-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know if the rubber seat grommets (the ones in front of the airbox are still available from Honda? Or if anyone has one laying around they want ot get rid of please let me know.

Thanks

x.system
06-14-2006, 08:10 PM
400ex are the same part if your talking where the front of the seat mounts. I make replacement bushings for that area. I got tired of loosing one at about every race.

danbobsR
06-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I just bought a couple from riva about a month ago. so they should still be available

xlr810
06-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by x.system
400ex are the same part if your talking where the front of the seat mounts. I make replacement bushings for that area. I got tired of loosing one at about every race.

Nice upgrade. What are they made of, and how much do you ask for them?

x.system
06-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by xlr810
Nice upgrade. What are they made of, and how much do you ask for them?

They're made with a nylon product. I sell them on ebay for $10. They press on with a c-clamp. I havn't had a problem with mine since I've put them on. I'm not sure how long the o-rings will last but I bought the best ones I could find, can't remember the name of them but they are suposed to be the best. I'm still on the original set but I just installed them this year.

06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by x.system
They're made with a nylon product. I sell them on ebay for $10. They press on with a c-clamp. I havn't had a problem with mine since I've put them on. I'm not sure how long the o-rings will last but I bought the best ones I could find, can't remember the name of them but they are suposed to be the best. I'm still on the original set but I just installed them this year.

Give us an ebay link to your auctions if you are selling them now...please!

Or just tell us how to get some outside of ebay and how much shipped.

Rich250RRacer
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by CT_330R
Give us an ebay link to your auctions if you are selling them now...please!

Or just tell us how to get some outside of ebay and how much shipped.

You don't even need to spend ten dollars. Go to your nearest auto parts store that sells Monroe shocks (I mean a good store, not Autozone or Advanced, they don't have sh**). Ask for Monroe part number P148. This is a shock mount kit for alot of GM cars and trucks. The bushings in that kit are a perfect fit, and last forever. I've had a set on one of my R's for over five years and no signs of wearing out. And it should only run you 3-4 dollars.

EXtreme-
06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Ask for Monroe part number P148. This is a shock mount kit for alot of GM cars and trucks. The bushings in that kit are a perfect fit, and last forever. I've had a set on one of my R's for over five years and no signs of wearing out. And it should only run you 3-4 dollars. nice tip Rich :cool:

xlr810
08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I thought it was worth the update.

I found the P148 kit at my local Napa for $2.29-- which includes 2 bushings. Fit is perfect, and appears that they are going to hold up well.

Great tip, Rich!

wilkin250r
08-10-2006, 03:38 PM
The shock bushing kit is a great tip. I haven't tried it, but if I loose a grommet, I will.

However, it's a fairly common part. I was thinking about ordering a set a few months back, but I realized that I would have to pay for shipping. So I decided to go through my dealer. Although the parts themselves would be more expensive, THEY would have to pay for shipping.

Turns out, they had them in stock, I had my grommets in my hands within minutes. Works for me.

If I lose another one, I'm just going to go to my dealer again.

Rich250RRacer
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The shock bushing kit is a great tip. I haven't tried it, but if I loose a grommet, I will.

However, it's a fairly common part. I was thinking about ordering a set a few months back, but I realized that I would have to pay for shipping. So I decided to go through my dealer. Although the parts themselves would be more expensive, THEY would have to pay for shipping.

Turns out, they had them in stock, I had my grommets in my hands within minutes. Works for me.

If I lose another one, I'm just going to go to my dealer again.

The problem is the stock grommets wear out really quick. I've had the same set of the shock bushings on my '01 and '03 Lonestars since they were built. I've even bought a set for my 450.

koh0001
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks..for the tip. Great thread.

jon370r
08-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Rich, I did the same thing on my LRD Attitude chassis they do work good. They go on nice and tight and when in place they are a little larger than the stock ones and it keeps your seat from coming loose.

redwing310r
08-13-2006, 07:46 AM
i believe they are still avail....but if you have a hard time finding them you can use automotiveshock bushings with a little or no mod

Aceman
05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
You don't even need to spend ten dollars. Go to your nearest auto parts store that sells Monroe shocks (I mean a good store, not Autozone or Advanced, they don't have sh**). Ask for Monroe part number P148. This is a shock mount kit for alot of GM cars and trucks. The bushings in that kit are a perfect fit, and last forever. I've had a set on one of my R's for over five years and no signs of wearing out. And it should only run you 3-4 dollars.

Thanks for the tip Rich. I just bought a set from Schuck's for $1.99 and they fit perfect. Worked like a charm.:cool:

Slinky
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Thanks for the tip Rich. I just bought a set from Schuck's for $1.99 and they fit perfect. Worked like a charm.:cool:
any idea what the aplication was for? i just called my local napa and that number doesnt cross reference with anything they have

Rich250RRacer
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
any idea what the aplication was for? i just called my local napa and that number doesnt cross reference with anything they have

Application fits alot of GM vehicle front shocks. The Monroe number is still good.

Aceman
05-22-2007, 08:00 PM
My local NAPA didn't sell them either. Try a different store. The part number is all you need.