PDA

View Full Version : +2 handling

roundsy
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
i am thinking of getting a set of +2 a-arms RT for my 06 er. i am just wondering how will handle if i do not get my shocks revalved ?

thanks

MAD450r
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Only it will make your shocks seem softer if you aren't revalving them. I rode my R for about 6-8 months with +2's with stock shocks worked well. When I got them revalved it was like a whole new R.

roundsy
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
alright thanks for the advice, i wont be doing any racing except maybe a few friends so no competitive stuff but i will be hitting the local track up somewhat this summer and would like the improve my handling...o any canadians out there know a good company to get a arms from that are available in canada?...thanks

tltcracing
06-15-2006, 02:37 PM
yeah, having longer arms on it makes the leverage ratio diff and make the shocks softer. as for the arms i would give Houser a try. houser-racing.com they have some top leval stuff for good prices and its very durable. my LT front end has lived through 2 bent axles, 1 broken axle, and a 140 yard rollover. i was told my quad filped something like 7 times!

roundsy
06-15-2006, 02:56 PM
alright +2 a-arms arent gonna be coming into the picture until late summer or even next spring...is there any advice you guys got for improving the handling of my quad besides the a-arms or shocks work ?...i was maybe thinking wheel spacers or offset rims, i know they can be bad news but i wont be on the track that often, id just like a fix for when im there

thanks for any help

MAD450r
06-15-2006, 06:12 PM
save you money and get the +2's you'll be happy if you do. Then mess with your shock settings till you find what makes you faster.

roundsy
06-15-2006, 06:28 PM
alright i have a quick question, how big of job is it to interchange a-arms? the reason i am leaning towards offset wheels is because its so easy to just bolt up and unbolt them when i wanna change widths...i live in an area with very tight trails so i would be changing my set up a lot between tracks and trails :ermm:

MAD450r
06-16-2006, 05:04 AM
Remove both front tires, then you need to pull the cotter pin's on the upper and lower ball joints. Now this hte hardest part for most. You need to either buy a tool or use a socket and a flat spacer plate to break the ball joints loose. once thats done you have 5 more bolts per side to remove to drop the upper and lower arm's

Then just reassemble.

As for narrow trails my freind use to have a stock R, he wouldn't widen it saying it'll be too wide for trails. It got stolen then you bought a suzuki ltr450 and thats 49inches wide, he has no trouble with it in the woods. Just takes getting use too is all.