PDA

View Full Version : Anyones frame outside of..

INFANTRY RACING
06-14-2006, 11:49 AM
the vin range for the recall but still not fully wleded. i took mine in yesterday and they tried to say there was nothing they could do. i told them if i break it they'll be problems so they are looking into it. anyone else have this problem.

tomkfx700
06-14-2006, 06:23 PM
when i first checked mine over i noticed mine was like that. so i called to see if mine was in recall and its a couple hundred past.

bwamos
06-15-2006, 06:42 AM
I would call Suzuki directly and explain the problem. Get a couple photos of affected area so you can e-mail them. You may be able to get it done anyway.

INFANTRY RACING
06-15-2006, 08:00 AM
well i made the dealer take it and they said it does need the work after talking to suzuki about it. they said it'll be monday before they even know what they are gonna do. i am ready to go pick it up and have it welded myself. Glad to know i spent 7300 and can't even get descent service.

blholtz
06-18-2006, 08:02 PM
If I were you I would start talking to Suzuki reps in California about the lack of service and tell the dealer exactly what you are going to do if they don't get off their butts and do something.

hard one
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
If you have a white 450 it wasnt on the same assembly line and the weld holds but if you have the yellow with the right vin number ask your dealer it needs to be welded.
the only way the weld breaks is if you hit a tripple or a big step up and case it from 30ft up it might break.
i weld and paint for a living and i knew about this thank to the rest of you ex riders members so i checked it the day i took it home and had them go over it.
My shop did pretty good but the larger dealer in my area cant weld for nothing im told.

so dont worry to much

the quad racer lives on!