PDA

View Full Version : So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

Iliketogofast
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Does it use the Suzuki motor, a la Z/KFX400?

YFZ450Ridr
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
pretty sure it doesnt. kawasaki and suzuki dont share certain bikes/quads any more like the z/kfx. they have different dirtbke motors so im guessing it doesnt use the same quad motor. if it was the same motor, it would most likely be the same chassis as well and that isnt the case either.

06-14-2006, 11:00 AM
There isn't a Suzuki/Kawaski alliance anymore so the KFX450 won't share any parts with the LTR450.

Wandell
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Right.

CHEVYZ
06-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Yep... pretty much what everyone else is saying.

What brought about the "Break-up," though? I heard that it was because the companies began arguing over sharing bikes. Kawasaki didn't want Suzuki to have a KFZ 700 similar quad, and Suzuki protested by trying to deny them any more rights to the LTZ 400 (Which there were supposedly still more years of by contract) and eventually the companies split. Can anyone confirm any of this, or is it just regular bull?

06-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Does it use the Suzuki motor, a la Z/KFX400?

Ok man, kawasaki has a kxf450, why would they use an engine from a suzuki?

Jeeze people are slow, just because they hared a few motors in youth quads, and the old rmz250 has a kxf250 motor, doesnt mean they share everything.

Read the specs, look at the engine, search BEFORE you make a post like this

YFZ450Ridr
06-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kraz

Jeeze people are slow, just because they hared a few motors in youth quads, and the old rmz250 has a kxf250 motor, doesnt mean they share everything.

well i bet a lot of people dont know that suzuki and kawaski even split up. not every body knows EVERYTHING. ease up on the guy, he just asked a question. im sure youve asked a question before that alot of people knew the answer to, but you didnt.

Iliketogofast
06-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by kraz

Thanks for the clarification asswipe, but if I wanted a wiseass comment I would have said so in the thread title, eh?

I haven't seen any of the pictures besides the front end pic, and since I don't have x-ray vision like you obviously do (because you're perfect) I can't see through that to the engine.

Now back to this Zuki-Kawi split. It seems kind of stupid to me that they would argue over something so trivial - Kawi is definately making a lot more money from the Z400 than Zuki would be making from the KFX700!

06-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Why didn't you notice this picture, it was posted with the front shot..:ermm:

Fast@$$Rider
06-15-2006, 01:50 PM
the kfx450 motor is to tall to be the ltr motor just pointing this out.

06-15-2006, 01:56 PM

Now back to this Zuki-Kawi split. It seems kind of stupid to me that they would argue over something so trivial - Kawi is definately making a lot more money from the Z400 than Zuki would be making from the KFX700! [/B]

I don't have x-ray vision either, just common sense.

And the the kawi/suzuki thing, its not like the z400 was the only machine they shared.

Kawasaki gave them there kxf250, the klx110, the kx100, kx65, and kx60. But they have all split away.

On the other hand kawi got alot of suzukis quads, like the z400, and youth quads. And now there splitting away...

motox450
06-20-2006, 08:11 PM
No this is not a version of the LTR engine. This is Kawasaki's atv version of the new KFX450 engine that debuted in the new 450 bike this year. The Suzuki/Kawasaki aliance is dead. There were to many issues that neither side could agree on so they went their seperate ways. This engine should be very competative as the bike has proven to be. As with any new engine there are bound to be some small glitches but no more so than any other brand.

06-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification asswipe, but if I wanted a wiseass comment I would have said so in the thread title, eh?

I haven't seen any of the pictures besides the front end pic, and since I don't have x-ray vision like you obviously do (because you're perfect) I can't see through that to the engine.

Now back to this Zuki-Kawi split. It seems kind of stupid to me that they would argue over something so trivial - Kawi is definately making a lot more money from the Z400 than Zuki would be making from the KFX700!

Couldn’t of said it better:D

06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason#19
Couldn’t of said it better:D

Learn to read you louisiana hickass pos, with your big bear and warrior.

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Uh oh....I heard Louisiana.:ermm:

06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
i hope no one jumps me for asking this..........but twin cam??

motox450
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes the new KFX engine is dual over head cam. If you go to www.kawasaki.com and look up the 2006 KFX450 and look at the specs for the engine, it should be realatively close to what the new quad engine is going to be. Now it not going to be exactly the same, but I can guaruntee that the quad engine will be based of the bike engine. Hope this helps.

troutman561
06-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I tihnk you guys need to look closer and decide....

GPracer2500
06-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Looks different to me. I couldn't quickly find a good picture of the left side of the LTR, but the right side is enough to show clear design differences.

Cam chain tensioner on the LTR is mounted to the head, not the cylinder like the KFX; the front engine mounts are in different places; etc. etc.

LTR engine:
http://www.suzuki-motor.hu/uj_modellek/ltr450k6/engine.jpg

crazycd1
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
That engine is all kawaski, just like the bike, it doesn't share anything with the suzuki........... That I know for sure....

07-17-2006, 06:55 PM
well i hate to keep this going but what was with the DVX 400 that was the same as the z and kawi?? and how did artic cat get into all of this?? i know artic cat sleds use suzuki motors...i dunno i guess im just confused now, can someone break it down?

booterskuggs
07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Supposedly, its the same engine thats in James Stewards Motocrosser, just with reverse and slightly de tuned

JeffH
07-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
well i hate to keep this going but what was with the DVX 400 that was the same as the z and kawi?? and how did artic cat get into all of this?? i know artic cat sleds use suzuki motors...i dunno i guess im just confused now, can someone break it down?
Suzuki owns 30% of Arctic Cat last time I checked. The new AC700EFI 4x4 uses the King Quad motor too.

tp300ex
07-21-2006, 01:09 AM
ok not trying to be an arse but look how diif they are

every thing in red is diffrent!

crfspode54
08-08-2006, 11:04 PM
they have not collectively done any new r and d since the 2004 kx/rm250f's. 05 rmz/kxf250's,...minor updates on an exhisting bike. the 06 kxf... not a suzuki. the 06 rmz...leftover suzuki,...all new for 07. they only did it for awhile,..the alliance is long gone

Jakeyracer
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
GOOD GOD SOME ONE PICK UP A QUAD MAGAZINE ANYONE OF THEM DIRTWHEELS,ATV ACTION, OUAD, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. they all say the facts!!! "The new KFX450 uses the amazeing engine donated from their KX450F"<dirtwheels. HOW DOES THIS SUPRIZE YOU ALL, kawi has really good dirtbikes so they will probably use the really good engine from the really good dirtbike to make a potencaily(sp) good quad. the magazine also say "built with an all new light aluminum frame". ALL NEW we all know how suzuki and aluminum get along. Here is a clue "SNAP" .

i hope to not offend most people with this post but just look into thing a little more please rather than just supposeing things or a friend told me look into it :( :D

Jakeyracer
08-11-2006, 11:39 AM
srry sum of that post ^^^^ got deletedbut here is the whole thing again

GOOD GOD SOME ONE PICK UP A QUAD MAGAZINE ANYONE OF THEM DIRTWHEELS,ATV ACTION, OUAD, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. they all say the facts!!! "The new KFX450 uses the amazeing engine donated from their KX450F"<dirtwheels.DOES THIS SUPRISE YOU, kawi has a really good dirtbike so wouldnt it make sence just to take the really good engine from the really good dirtbike and make a potencaily(sp) good quad. another thing magazines say "the KFX will come out with and all new light aluminum frame" ALL NEW we all know how suzuki and aluminum get along. Here is a clue "SNAP" .

Jakeyracer
08-11-2006, 11:41 AM
it deleted it again so nvm all i am saying is it has an all new aluminum frame and uses a kawi dirtbike engine and my proof is all the magazines say so

alaskin 450R
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
so if the kfx engine is the same as the suzuki's is the kfx 450 goin gto have the center up exhaust?

bwamos
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by alaskin 450R
so if the kfx engine is the same as the suzuki's is the kfx 450 goin gto have the center up exhaust?

It's not the same motor, lol. Not even remotely close to the same motor.

This motor is pure Kawasaki.

roundsy
08-20-2006, 01:18 PM
im on the side of the new kfx being all its own, but i just dug this up so....:D

nmotion700
08-20-2006, 04:29 PM
thata juat a photoshopped ltr, i got a question is the new kfx motor going ot be the same as the dirtbike motor?

crazycd1
08-20-2006, 07:02 PM
I will be based on the bike motor, but as all the others are doing, I will bet its de-tuned some!