PDA

View Full Version : Bull

bansheexcracer2
06-14-2006, 03:37 AM
When i was young and 1st started i got a beat up suzuki lt80. These days kids get full mx & xc minis. I dont find it fair. Oh well i got the shee now.

theTman
06-14-2006, 03:51 AM
echnology lol, some of those old machines dont even come close to what is out now a days, but hey at least you had fun!!

Pappy
06-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by bansheexcracer2
When i was young and 1st started i got a beat up suzuki lt80. These days kids get full mx & xc minis. I dont find it fair. Oh well i got the shee now.

When I was young, there wasnt even an LT80...so stfu:D

Arctic Cat Dad
06-15-2006, 06:30 AM
When I was young my first bike didn't even have shocks. Then I got a Honda qa 50 it's shocks look like the springs that come in a pen.

Now a days they are different. My son is only 8 and he's has 2 race bikes, and 2 mini's. He has more in the 1 mini that my dad spent in my entire childhood. Heck the shocks on 1 mini is more then what was spent on my first bike. Now a days we buy $3600 Polini 50cc bikes and sink over $6000 in his 1 mini. Man I was born to early in life. But I wouldn't change it for nothing!:D :devil:

These kids are very lucky that racing for kids is where it is now .

badvox
06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
When I was young we had a black and white tv, there was no such thing as a CD, no such thing as an iPod or satellite radio, and no internet to complain about all of these shortcomings...

LOL

wvspeedfreak
06-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Man I was born to early in life. But I wouldn't change it for nothing!:D :devil:

These kids are very lucky that racing for kids is where it is now .

I hear ya :macho

Valder
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by badvox
When I was young we had a black and white tv, there was no such thing as a CD, no such thing as an iPod or satellite radio, and no internet to complain about all of these shortcomings...

LOL

Yup same here.

All we rode was a Minibike with a 5HP engine in it. Had a cool straight chrome pipe with no muffler. Wild ride it was and pretty darned fast for us.

Livin4Real
06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
don't forget about the brakes on the old minibikes, a piece of metal to push against the tire , lol

Arctic Cat Dad
06-16-2006, 05:42 AM
You notice were talking about bikes. When we were young there wasn't a thing called an atv!:D

smokinwrench
06-17-2006, 06:14 AM
When i was young and 1st started i got a beat up suzuki lt80.

Talk about puting your foot in your mouth! i bet you didn't even have to work to get it.

I fed bucket calves all summer to pay for my first bike, a 1982 xr80.

racerxxgncc
06-19-2006, 01:53 AM
It's still not fair if your riding a shee for xc racing. Thats got to be the worst xc quad ever made!! There good machines for flat draging or hill shooting but the power comes on too strong, NO bottom end and you can't help but to have wheel spin(no traction). I am not even going to start on the suspension. But hey if you like it that all that matters.