PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse a good buy for an 06?????

atvdude
06-14-2006, 01:13 AM
I am still having start problems with my 06 racing harescrambles. So i was wondering if anyone has an 06 that has installed the Rekluse clutch and how they like it ? Eliminate stalling ? this would cure my starting problem if i could keep from stalling it off and on during a race. Any Input would be great. Also where is the cheapest place to purchase one of these clutch units?

stumpleg
06-14-2006, 08:02 AM
This clutch is great for harescrambles. I have one in my 06, and it works like a champ. This does eliminate the stalling if you have it set up correct. You are still able to kill it if you have a heavy load under it.

Dead engine starting with this in you 06 can be tricky. I have tried both ways, in neutral and in first. The easiest way I found is to start in neutral and then shift. I did it this way last weekend and it got me a decent start, 4th at the holeshot.

Site sponsor, C & D Racing sells these units, so look them up if you are wanting to purchase one. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

j_cyrus3
06-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Takes power away from your machine, and also if you ride hard, it won't last... I wouldn't reccomend one.

stumpleg
06-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
Takes power away from your machine, and also if you ride hard, it won't last... I wouldn't reccomend one.

I have not noticed it taking any power away from mine. My friend has an 06 and we both have the HRC kit and same exhaust, the only difference is that mine has the Rekluse in it. They both performed the same.

I have 5 harescramble races, numerous horseshoe drag races, and many hours of trailriding on mine and have had no trouble with it. As long as you keep it adjusted correctly, you should have no problem.

06-14-2006, 10:01 AM
what happens if you get stuck on a hill?
will it roll backwards?

stumpleg
06-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by force
what happens if you get stuck on a hill?
will it roll backwards?

Yes, it would roll backwards. You better have good brakes or not be on a very steep hill. With this clutch in, if you are sitting on flat ground and are in 3rd gear, you can get off and push it just like you would be in neutral.

06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
oh, no.
that doesn't sound like a good thing to me.
i do alot of hill climbing. some of them thar hills git perty nasty.
;)

atvdude
06-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Well i have Ordered mine through C&D one of the site sponsers and cannot wait till next thursday (Estimated Arival Time). Very helpfull over the phone i might ad. this deal about hills just sounds a little lame. If you can pull in the clutch lever and override the auto mode to feather the clutch for hills whats the big deal? Can anyone that has a Rekluse please fill us in on how they Attack hills lets say in race mode? I think that being that the rekluse will eliminate stalling that it would be superior in hill climb situations as momentum is the Key when climbing. Stalling the quad is about the only situation that hurts me on hills IMO.

Pappy
06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
The rekluse works pretty good.

As far as power loss, thats a feeling you may have depending on how you set your stall speed.

Engine braking will take some getting used to, I ran a rekluse for the first time at the WISP GNCC race, not a good place to try out a product installed at the track the night before a race:p But, it did work well, just have to bump the throttle if the RPM's fall too low going down a hill and the engine braking will return(once rpm's are back over stall speed)

I only stalled mine once I think, and that was more of a jetting issue. It did happen at the top of a 4 foot wall and that is where I found out just how bad I missed the E start(mine was a kickstart 04) While trying to hold the front brakes and the rear with my foot, and reach over with my left hand to get the kickstarter out, the lack of gearing worked against me as the front tires started sliding. I bailed and the quad went back down the cliff and hill.

With E start, I would have been fired and gone long before any such issues would have arrived.

atvdude
06-15-2006, 10:10 PM
The folks at C&D where sayin it starts better in Nuetral. How would this be on a hill? You dont want to be fumbling around trying to find nuetral on a hill. but i dont know yet till i get mine. It may start easy in gear on a hill with the lever in overriding the rekluse.

IOWAracer
06-15-2006, 11:18 PM
I want to get one in my 04, the only thing that worries me is the killing it ona hill like at the mo gncc i stalled ona hill and if it werent for having that tranny holding me i would of rolled down one of the biggest hills!

broc

stumpleg
06-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by atvdude
The folks at C&D where sayin it starts better in Nuetral. How would this be on a hill? You dont want to be fumbling around trying to find nuetral on a hill. but i dont know yet till i get mine. It may start easy in gear on a hill with the lever in overriding the rekluse.

You should have no problem in a race on hills. If you know you don't have enough power in 2nd to make it up, you can always downshift to first without slowing down to pull the clutch lever in. As long as you keep the rpm's up, there shouldn't be any stalling problem, that and if you hit it hard enough.

I have climbed numerous hill with mine in, just not ones that I know that I might mess up on and take the chance that I will kill it. At the Iowa race this past weekend, there were some decent hills, nothing to major, and I had no trouble making it up them.

06-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by atvdude
Well i have Ordered mine through C&D one of the site sponsers and cannot wait till next thursday (Estimated Arival Time). Very helpfull over the phone i might ad. this deal about hills just sounds a little lame. If you can pull in the clutch lever and override the auto mode to feather the clutch for hills whats the big deal? Can anyone that has a Rekluse please fill us in on how they Attack hills lets say in race mode? I think that being that the rekluse will eliminate stalling that it would be superior in hill climb situations as momentum is the Key when climbing. Stalling the quad is about the only situation that hurts me on hills IMO.

let me clarify.
we climb some steep *****. i don't want to be stuck at the top of a climb holding both brakes while trying to turn the quad around. the transmission comes in very handy when you're trying to get your quad off a hill.
understand now, atvdude?

stumpleg
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by force
let me clarify.
we climb some steep *****. i don't want to be stuck at the top of a climb holding both brakes while trying to turn the quad around. the transmission comes in very handy when you're trying to get your quad off a hill.
understand now, atvdude?

Absolutely correct. If you use it for hills, you better know you can make it, or have a few friends ready to help you turn it around. These clutches are great for XC, but not the best for hill climbing.

atvdude
06-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I did not mean to offend anyone. I am just curious how this is going to work when i install it. I agree that having your tranny engaged instead of being in a so called nuetral state with this clutch (In any gear at no throttle) while on a steep hill stalled or just no being able to make it. Point taken. I was hoping some rekluse owners could give me a review on how they attack hills and if this is a big problem and if the good outways the bad. I really need this clutch on my 06 due to the high stall rate and not being able to start it without tiring out the starter. Makes me wish i never sold my 250r. " Light as a feather and stung like a bee" and hardly ever stalled and started on the first kick EVERY time.

rap169
06-18-2006, 05:29 AM
ive put one in mine and i love it. I just rode it for the first time yesterday on a woods track and it preformed flawlessly. I too am not liking the bike being able to roll when its in gear, but ill just have to make sure i make the hills.:D

hondamano4
06-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I have had the rekluse clucth for about 5 months and i have fried the clucth fibers and the steel drive plates. Because mine would chatter when i took off in frist gear or if i gas on it in a turn. it would also do it on hill if i would gas on the side of a hill. So i replace the stock clucth basket with the rekluse clucth basket and all the fibers and steel drive plates. but these time i set clucth gap at .25 and i do not have any trouble with chatting anymore on take off but it still want to chatter going up a hill some time.

Eric