PDA

View Full Version : ElKA dampner?

blakefoote
06-13-2006, 09:42 PM
anyone heard any prices im very anxious to know...b/c precsion is like 410$ and Elka has 2 versions so....anyone know?

Punk'd
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
They will be around the same price as a Percision

blakefoote
06-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
They will be around the same price as a Percision

dang that sux

spanky101
06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
there will b 2 versions... i believe the one with 3 settings will be cheaper... but the one with five settings i am gonna b scared to see the proce tag

blakefoote
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
yah Elka is way too high anyways....

JH Racing
06-14-2006, 01:27 PM
The 3 way is going to be about the same others the 5 way is going to be around $550 or so

culookn
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JH Racing
The 3 way is going to be about the same others the 5 way is going to be around $550 or so

ouch that hurts. i guess thats the price you pay for quality.

400exracer08
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
This is right from elka

System 3: $475.00 Us
System 5: $550.00 Us

We take orders, but the product can only be delivered by the end of August 2006.

DJJ450r
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I think I'll stick with precision:)

eganracing
06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r

me too. what r the settings on the system 5?

gbcap
06-15-2006, 07:30 AM
since this mounts on the top of the bars...anyone know if it will work with fasst bars?

trx400exxracer
06-15-2006, 07:45 AM

I have never had a steering stabilizer but i am getting my 450er which should show up at my dealership any minute now I am going to try a precision on it alot of people talk good about it

JRP
06-15-2006, 08:11 AM
yea once i get some money im gettin a precision. Its either that or a exhaust.

DJJ450r
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
since this mounts on the top of the bars...anyone know if it will work with fasst bars? It doesn't mount on the top:blah:

06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer08
This is right from elka

System 3: $475.00 Us
System 5: $550.00 Us

We take orders, but the product can only be delivered by the end of August 2006.

yep

i think i will be going with the system 5

06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
me too. what r the settings on the system 5?

high speed, low speed, back to center, angle of center/turn, and corner dampening

DirtDevilBT
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Damn DJ, that's sweet looking. Nice pic. Is that on ur bike or the website?

All in all, the precision, elka, scotts all sound good but I'll stick with my stick. lol, denton that it.

DJJ450r
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
It's a pic from there website on John Natalie's bike, for the price I can't see it being any better than the precision. I know it has more adjustments, but unless your Pro I don't think I could tell a difference.

Jack457
06-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Putting 10 more adjustments on my Precision is not going to make it better for me, it would be much worse. The thing works awesome out of the box!

400exrider0004
06-16-2006, 10:14 AM
im getting one :D

06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Jack457
Putting 10 more adjustments on my Precision is not going to make it better for me, it would be much worse. The thing works awesome out of the box!

how wouldnt it? adjustability is what makes a product good, when you can fine tune it for exactly what you want, that is what elka is offering

as for the precision working out of the box, so will the elka and scotts and other dampeners, its the adjustments that makes them good, and right now, elka is far ahead in dampeners imo

i am for sure getting the system 5 over a precision, no questions asked, when you can setup a product exactly how you want it, or take a product that is halfway setup for u, but still uncomfortable and doesnt match perfect, which would you have

Ride Fast Ride Hard Ride Elka :macho

eganracing
06-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
how wouldnt it? adjustability is what makes a product good, when you can fine tune it for exactly what you want, that is what elka is offering

as for the precision working out of the box, so will the elka and scotts and other dampeners, its the adjustments that makes them good, and right now, elka is far ahead in dampeners imo

i am for sure getting the system 5 over a precision, no questions asked, when you can setup a product exactly how you want it, or take a product that is halfway setup for u, but still uncomfortable and doesnt match perfect, which would you have

Ride Fast Ride Hard Ride Elka :macho

just curious but is elka giving u a good sized discount because your sponsored? u dont have to reply if its against your contract or somethin like that.

DJJ450r
06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
He does get a discount because he is sponsored and that's why he saying such good things about them, to me you don't need that many adjustments.

IOWAracer
06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
All i need is the ole denton works good for me i might get an elka later on but im not gonna spend 500$$ to get somthing that works almost the same as my dampner now

broc

Jack457
06-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Yurik,

The best stereo isn’t the one with the most knobs.

I have a Precision and my friend has a Scotts damper. The Scotts has more adjustments then the Precision, but no matter how much we tuned we could never get it to perform as well as the Precision. The Elka is not the Scotts but it is very similar, a little too similar.
Having never ridden the Elka I can not comment on it, but either have you. Assuming it’s as good or better then a Precision is as ridicules as assuming it’s as bad as the worst stabilizer (total bull). Time will tell where its place is.

woodsman250r
06-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I get so sick and tired of hearing Yurik blab about how great Elka products are. The Precision is a proven dampener that has been put to the test and works. Just because the Elka has more adjustments doesn't mean its going to blow the Precision out of the water. 99% of people won't mess with all of those adjustments each time they ride, its a PITA and unless you are a top pro you probaly won't get the full benefit from it. Also the range that you can adjust the Precision is almost endless. And the only reason you are getting an Elka is because you are sponsored by them. You should just try to get a job working for Elka because all you do is sales pitch their products.

ronnie
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM

Ride Fast Ride Hard Ride Elka :macho elka shocks don't work out of the box everyone is sending them to other people to get work on so i don;t think there dampeners work out of the box either

06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
I get so sick and tired of hearing Yurik blab about how great Elka products are. The Precision is a proven dampener that has been put to the test and works. Just because the Elka has more adjustments doesn't mean its going to blow the Precision out of the water. 99% of people won't mess with all of those adjustments each time they ride, its a PITA and unless you are a top pro you probaly won't get the full benefit from it. Also the range that you can adjust the Precision is almost endless. And the only reason you are getting an Elka is because you are sponsored by them. You should just try to get a job working for Elka because all you do is sales pitch their products.

eganracing:
wether or not i get a discount doesnt matter, i would still buy elka products, but they do help out a lot of racers, such as myself

Jack457:
the elka is no where near the scotts, the scotts was built for a dirtbike, to bring the bars to center and hold stability, not a 4 wheeler, you cant even compair that, and for who is to say that i havent rode on the elka dampener?

woodsman250r:
im not blabing about how good anything is, if it wasnt for me you wouldnt have had the link to the site and u guys wouldnt even kno about any of this until the press release on exriders, and i never said it would blow the precision out of the water, i said it will be better, you are right, many people wont want to mess with it, thats y there is a system 3, has nothing to do with being sponsored, my friend has a precision, precision offered me sponsorship also (bet you didnt kno that), but i turned it down, so now you know im not buying it on the basis of sponsorship, i could have had either one for the same price, and i dont sales pitch anything, i jus bring you guys the information and my opinion, then you all flame me for bringing you the information, whats the deal with that? its like i tell you about a product then your mad for me telling you? just because elka makes something doesnt mean its bad, i love elka and they make great products, and trust me, you will find this out when you ride on it

ronnie:
it won the baja, plus the fact that the pros who have tested it that i have talked to like it better then the precision, ive had only a small amount of time on the precision, but soon i will ride them side by side, but i like you so i have no need to argue :blah:

96lapis coupe
06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
You're still talking?

eganracing
06-20-2006, 09:54 PM

precision offered me sponsorship also (bet you didnt kno that), but i turned it down

i didnt even know precision was sponsoring anybody. i thought he wasnt going to sponsor anybody because he didnt need to. so r u racing nationals or something? because it sounds like u know what your doing when it comes to mx.

fandl450r
06-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r

Amen to this. I have been saying this for a long time now and Finally someone else sees it. We don't get mad at you for bringing a certain product to the forum's attention. But it's ALWAYS an Elka pitch or Elka this Elka that. This "Ride Fast Ride Hard Ride Elka" just cracks me up. Maybe you should be on the advertising budget. :rolleyes:

DJJ450r
06-21-2006, 05:35 AM
i didnt even know precision was sponsoring anybody. i thought he wasnt going to sponsor anybody because he didnt need to. so r u racing nationals or something? because it sounds like u know what your doing when it comes to mx. He doesn't race MX he races a local XC series called MHSC:macho And just because it won the baja doesn't mean its a good product, Elka gave them the dampner to run. They also ran the shocks and we all know how good them are:blah:

eganracing
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
He doesn't race MX he races a local XC series called MHSC:macho And just because it won the baja doesn't mean its a good product, Elka gave them the dampner to run. They also ran the shocks and we all know how good them are:blah:

wow now i feel really dumb. for some reason i thought he was a mx'er.

HAVOK
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
plus the fact that the pros who have tested it that i have talked to like it better then the precision,

The Pro's you talk to the dampers were givin to them for free more then likey. Of course they are going to say that, I would say it to when they are giving me free parts. Dave Chapell said it best, when he was paid by coke and pepsi and coke paid him last so he says coke is the best. Money talks kid !

06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by HAVOK
The Pro's you talk to the dampers were givin to them for free more then likey. Of course they are going to say that, I would say it to when they are giving me free parts. Dave Chapell said it best, when he was paid by coke and pepsi and coke paid him last so he says coke is the best. Money talks kid !

im saying the pros i am friends with, if the product sucked they would say so, but its a good product

and yes, as devon said, i race mhsc and the gncc stuff, ill be at the wisp this weekend, so if anyone wants to talk about this there i will be glad to tell you about it

and devon, my elkas work fine :blah: ...i kno what your gonna say now haha

06-21-2006, 10:45 AM
i didnt even know precision was sponsoring anybody. i thought he wasnt going to sponsor anybody because he didnt need to. so r u racing nationals or something? because it sounds like u know what your doing when it comes to mx.

they are sponsoring people, they offered sponsorship to me, they are nice guys up there, i forgot the guys name i used to tak to, but he was a very nice guy and explained everything to me, how it works etc, and y it was better then everyone elses, im not saying their dampener is bad, and im not here to argue with you guys, voice your opinion, if you think elka sucks then so be it, but i like elka, and they make good products imo, so y are you all mad at me for saying what i think, isnt that y they made the first amendment :confused:

06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
devon, ima call u when i get back, we need to ride or somethin, 2 and 1/2 weeks, and u shall get a phonecall from me :blah:

fandl450r
06-21-2006, 11:13 AM
i like elka, and they make good products imo, so y are you all mad at me for saying what i think, isnt that y they made the first amendment :confused:

Stop whining. We aren't getting mad, it's just funny how you seem to plug elka on just about every post you make. No one ever said you couldn't state your opinion about Elka, it's just the general masses don't agree with you. Yes you have free speech, but so do we.

eganracing
06-21-2006, 11:14 AM
they are sponsoring people, they offered sponsorship to me, they are nice guys up there, i forgot the guys name i used to tak to, but he was a very nice guy and explained everything to me, how it works etc, and y it was better then everyone elses, im not saying their dampener is bad, and im not here to argue with you guys, voice your opinion, if you think elka sucks then so be it, but i like elka, and they make good products imo, so y are you all mad at me for saying what i think, isnt that y they made the first amendment :confused:

i met the owner of precision at one of the local races and he is a very nice guy and is really good at explaining his product. thats y i went with precision.

06-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Stop whining. We aren't getting mad, it's just funny how you seem to plug elka on just about every post you make. No one ever said you couldn't state your opinion about Elka, it's just the general masses don't agree with you. Yes you have free speech, but so do we.

im not whining, your getting lippy with me and i did nothing but tell you all about a product, just look at the first post you made in this thread, does that really help determine if this is a good product or not, does it actually help anyone? no it doesnt, so y put it, i dont go into your threads and badmouth u, so y do it to me? and yes it may seem i plug elka a lot, but thats only because being that they sponsor me i find out about a lot of stuff before you guys do, and sometimes get to try things out for my sponsors, and elka has released new products lately so it may seem i say their name more then others, but if hiper or anyone else released products this often, i would mention their name as well, but u wouldnt debate hiper now would u...

just my 2 cents ;)

fandl450r
06-21-2006, 01:20 PM
im not whining, your getting lippy with me and i did nothing but tell you all about a product, just look at the first post you made in this thread, does that really help determine if this is a good product or not, does it actually help anyone? no it doesnt, so y put it, i dont go into your threads and badmouth u, so y do it to me? and yes it may seem i plug elka a lot, but thats only because being that they sponsor me i find out about a lot of stuff before you guys do, and sometimes get to try things out for my sponsors, and elka has released new products lately so it may seem i say their name more then others, but if hiper or anyone else released products this often, i would mention their name as well, but u wouldnt debate hiper now would u...

just my 2 cents ;)

Hiper I will not. ;) But I look at from an usually unbiased perspective. I understand that you rave about how good Elka is and lippy is my middle name. I'm just always up for a good debate/discussion. I've never said once that you were wrong. Just stating my opinion same as yourself.

06-21-2006, 01:20 PM
i met the owner of precision at one of the local races and he is a very nice guy and is really good at explaining his product. thats y i went with precision.

ya hes a good guy, my buddy i ride with all the time has a precision, so expect a side by side comparision of performance between the two from me soon, his precision is very nice and i like it a lot, just i think i will like the elka more, we will see tho

i cant wait to get them side by side and test them tho :macho

06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Hiper I will not. ;) But I look at from an usually unbiased perspective. I understand that you rave about how good Elka is and lippy is my middle name. I'm just always up for a good debate/discussion. I've never said once that you were wrong. Just stating my opinion same as yourself.

alright thats fine then, debating i can do, i just dont want to get into an arguement about something dumb, such as what is better then what, when the other product isnt even out yet, all i was saying is that the elka has more adjustments, which means finer tuner, which is better in my eyes

i will give you the fact that many people will not use all of the adjustments on the 5, but thats y they made the 3, so who knows

i just want to test them side by side and find out which one is really better, i will post pictures and everything, but i will be leaving for the wisp in about 5 minutes, so i will talk to you all when i return in 2 weeks :macho

DJJ450r
06-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Yurik, your to slow to put a dampner to a real test:D and when is laz going to set your shocks up like DJ's axis?:o I get out of school July 7th so then you can come over and we can ride. I got my axis on so we can compare, and soon enough I'll have a precision dampner:macho I see you found a new person to argue with:D

eganracing
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
ya hes a good guy, my buddy i ride with all the time has a precision, so expect a side by side comparision of performance between the two from me soon, his precision is very nice and i like it a lot, just i think i will like the elka more, we will see tho

i cant wait to get them side by side and test them tho :macho

im lookin forward to that side by side comparision.:macho

ronnie
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Yurik, your to slow to put a dampner to a real test:D and when is laz going to set your shocks up like DJ's axis?:o I get out of school July 7th so then you can come over and we can ride. I got my axis on so we can compare, and soon enough I'll have a precision dampner:macho I see you found a new person to argue with:D maybe he will send his dampner off to precision and maybe they could fix his shocks too:D

bic's 450R
07-05-2006, 09:38 PM
who is selling precision for 410?

trx400exxracer
07-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by bic's 450R
who is selling precision for 410?

I heard Santo Derisi sells them for $450 shipped:eek2: