PDA

View Full Version : Cody did some wrenchin'

Pappy
06-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Some new additions to his 300

Pappy
06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
We are not ripping it down until im satisfied with how all the new stuff ends up working out

Hondadudeehhhh
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
nice! but how bout some nerfs?

Pappy
Colby at C&D recommended the new ITP GNCC tires, and the rears seem to work well. The fronts are due in here this week also

Scro
Originally posted by Pappy
Cody did some wrenchin'

I guess that's what happens when the parents start getting old:blah: :p ...jk...I know this thing is going to be sweet!

Pappy
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
nice! but how bout some nerfs?

We may not run nerfs

Pappy
06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
I guess that's what happens when the parents start getting old:blah: :p ...jk...I know this thing is going to be sweet!

I installed the tires...I made him put them on the quad:p

exrider008
06-13-2006, 06:47 PM
i love the new rims, i cant wait to see it done!

PolarisRider
06-13-2006, 06:50 PM
What kind of bumper is that?

Pappy
06-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
What kind of bumper is that?

IMS Intimidator

PolarisRider
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Where did you get it?

wanta450
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
cody you got to get some skids and bigger pegs and heel guards since ft of the mt probably trashed your stock skids:D :D

JR3
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
why no nerf bars.i race mx so i dunno i dont think they would end up getting hung up on anything plus even thoe it wasnt related to having no nerfs itd suck to have cody going thru the pain i am right now rehibilitating my ankle i shattered. Just my 2 cents are u goona buy a set fo tires and rims for mx to cause i remeber u saying it wasa gonna be a mx and xc quad. looks good thoe and cody sure can ride for a lil guy.

RaptorRacer45
06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Make sure you post up Codys feedback on the GNCC Fronts...im gettin myself a set next month and would like any input on em available:D

G Impala 63n70
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
That thing looks nice, he looks like a great rider id love to see him ride in person

But after carrying my freind and his leg back to my house after slipping off the peg in air, i will never not use nerfs again.

Pappy
06-13-2006, 08:41 PM
He will decide if he wants them or not. Alot of XC racers do not run nerfs...I would feel more comfortable with them but it is his call.

Mxjunkie
06-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Heel guards save your ankles not nerfs :p

trx400exxracer
06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
I personally dont like nerfs but I want nice pegs and heel gaurds without out spending $350 for ims so I am gonna get pro armor nerfs

coryatver
06-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't run nerfs either. Nice wheels

Quad Boy 660r
06-13-2006, 11:49 PM
When do you plan on putting on some bolt-ons, like a pipe and such?

Looks good!

400eXr1d3rZ
06-14-2006, 04:27 AM
I thought you said you werent going to post any pics untill it was completly done?

Pappy
06-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I thought you said you werent going to post any pics untill it was completly done?

Until I get the 300 handling the way we want it, it will not be torn down. Once we get everything the way we want it I will tear it down and build it etc. Lots of parts on the market for these quads that dont do squat, no need to build it only to keep rebuilding it:p

400exrules
06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JR3
why no nerf bars.i race mx so i dunno i dont think they would end up getting hung up on anything plus even thoe it wasnt related to having no nerfs itd suck to have cody going thru the pain i am right now rehibilitating my ankle i shattered. Just my 2 cents are u goona buy a set fo tires and rims for mx to cause i remeber u saying it wasa gonna be a mx and xc quad. looks good thoe and cody sure can ride for a lil guy.

i too strongly recommend nerfs

he will deffinately need them on several occasions if he is wishing to race harescrambles.

400exrules
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Heel guards save your ankles not nerfs :p

you keep tellin yourself that:rolleyes:

procircuit406ex
06-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

i thought the same thing he thought ubtil i cased a table... the next day i bougfht nerfs lol

TheFontMaster
06-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I would sugest he get nerfs too. They have saved me some leg injuries, and alot of damage to the quad before.

Mxjunkie
06-14-2006, 10:47 PM

The net isnt going to save your arse you can go thru a net in a heart beat if you land on it hard enough.. nerfs imo are only for keeping people from getting too damn close..

I wont ride a quad without nerfs but thats only because I had a front tire invade my foot area during a holeshot growing up..

Heel guards is what saves your ankle from the rear tire, every little mishap you see the riders foot is behind the back of the peg.. Borich runs just ims pegs with heel guards along with alot of other gncc pros...

400exrules
06-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
The net isnt going to save your arse you can go thru a net in a heart beat if you land on it hard enough.. nerfs imo are only for keeping people from getting too damn close..

I wont ride a quad without nerfs but thats only because I had a front tire invade my foot area during a holeshot growing up..

Heel guards is what saves your ankle from the rear tire, every little mishap you see the riders foot is behind the back of the peg.. Borich runs just ims pegs with heel guards along with alot of other gncc pros...

ballance runs nerfs tho.:huh ........what difference does it make what the pros run, its personal preference.

but i cant see a logical reason to NOT run nerfs

Mxjunkie
06-14-2006, 11:21 PM

but i cant see a logical reason to NOT run nerfs

its personal preference.

Answered it your self..

01exrider
06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
wow that is awesome.. i havent been on here for a good 2-3 months. im glad to hear u got cody the 300 it looks like he fits it perfect.

Pappy
06-15-2006, 05:10 AM
LOL...I have never seen so many critics in all my life. Hell, the ad for Maxxis shows Borich running with NO nerfs...I have about 4000 pics of XC racing and 3/4 do not run nerfs.

Maybe a few of those making suggestions should get off the computer and get out and race:p I appreciate the concern, but where are you all complaining when you see others not running nerfs?

Heel gaurds take care of the majority of the issues. Nerfs can save the day for sure, but at this point in time I have not researched which nerfs will work best for our type of riding and have not figured out what company to send my $250 so that I can have a new set crack in a week.

I have more fear of him running his 90 WITH nerfs because they do not offer the protection the 300ex heel gaurds offer and the chance of his foot getting tangled is far greater. I have been riding since before nerf bars were even on the market, I am fully aware of what they are designed to do, the safety that is SUPPOSED to come with running nerfs and when I am satisfied with a set I will more then likely have him run them. Until then, he will ride as it is.

cletusEX
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm loving the black plastic with the black hipers, but I may be a little partial to those colors (cough trans blue frame cough!):D As for the nerfs, there are definitly a lot running XC without them. I did for a while but put them back on. Not for safety reasons but had a few incidents with trees getting caught in between the wheels in real technical off camber sections. I use the nerfs as pivot points to get through tight sections. It helps a lot to be able to put your feet down and push the quad back which nerfs don't allow you to do. Definitely do some research cause a lot of nerfs out there aren't worth a crap, expecially racing XC where there are a ton of objects trying to rip them off!

gbcap
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I'm loving the black plastic with the black hipers, but I may be a little partial to those colors (cough trans blue frame cough!):D As for the nerfs, there are definitly a lot running XC without them. I did for a while but put them back on. Not for safety reasons but had a few incidents with trees getting caught in between the wheels in real technical off camber sections. I use the nerfs as pivot points to get through tight sections. It helps a lot to be able to put your feet down and push the quad back which nerfs don't allow you to do. Definitely do some research cause a lot of nerfs out there aren't worth a crap, expecially racing XC where there are a ton of objects trying to rip them off!

beat me to it man...i don't run nerfs so that i can push myself backwards if i get stuck on something. i am going to get a pair so that I can try them out. I am curious. I only need to push myself backwards every once in a while. not even every race...so if they give me more confidence...and allow me to bounce around trees faster then they might be a benefit. i can see and have heard of the nets geting snagged on rocks and stumps alot...esp if they hang down too much...? hell...i can feel my pegs hit things every once in a while so i can imagine what nerfs are going to do...!!!

parkers30
06-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't know if you guys have noticed on Duane Johnson's bike but he runs a nerf bar made just for XC racing that isn't even designed to have nets. Mike Burrows makes the for their race quads, but I don't know if he mkaes them to sell or not. you might PM burrows on this board if any of you guys are interested.

Personally I have the inside net cutout so that I can out my feet down to the ground and push back, works just fine, you just have to watch the header on the YFZ :rolleyes:

161xchonda
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LOL...I have never seen so many critics in all my life. Hell, the ad for Maxxis shows Borich running with NO nerfs...I have about 4000 pics of XC racing and 3/4 do not run nerfs.

Maybe a few of those making suggestions should get off the computer and get out and race:p I appreciate the concern, but where are you all complaining when you see others not running nerfs?

Heel gaurds take care of the majority of the issues. Nerfs can save the day for sure, but at this point in time I have not researched which nerfs will work best for our type of riding and have not figured out what company to send my $250 so that I can have a new set crack in a week.

I have more fear of him running his 90 WITH nerfs because they do not offer the protection the 300ex heel gaurds offer and the chance of his foot getting tangled is far greater. I have been riding since before nerf bars were even on the market, I am fully aware of what they are designed to do, the safety that is SUPPOSED to come with running nerfs and when I am satisfied with a set I will more then likely have him run them. Until then, he will ride as it is.

I have been running AC nerfbars on my 300ex and I like them a lot. I have never gotten stuck because of them and can push myself backwards if I need to. I highly recomend them. An AC front bumper is a big help too.

250rmike
06-15-2006, 03:17 PM
lookin good pappy cant wait to see the bike when its finished. i would say i would come out and watch the lil man race but i heard they closed budds harescramblers.

Pappy
06-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Funny someone mentioned the cut out nerf nets....

Codys feet are small enough to go in between the nerf net and the frame without cutting them out....kind of brings back memories of another rider who died when his foot got caught in the nets:(

Josh...AC regular nerfs may be the ticket, but we havent looked into all nerfs available yet.

As for using the nerfs to get through tree's...that does work! Ive also found they help keep trees from kicking you sideways and allowing the rear tire to catch the tree dead on. Trust me, I know full well the benfits of nerfs, I do not like however being critized for not running nerfs on a 10 day old quad that is getting ready to be torn down. Common sense 101.

AtvMxRider
06-15-2006, 07:04 PM
how bout some shocks for that thing:ermm:

Sjorge450R
06-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Make sure you post up Codys feedback on the GNCC Fronts...im gettin myself a set next month and would like any input on em available:D

I have them and I LOVE them.

Sjorge450R
06-15-2006, 07:14 PM
pappy, would you want my DG's? I am thinking about getting a different set once I get some money