PDA

View Full Version : 2004 650 v-twin Arctic cat belt alarm Question

Chazz88
06-13-2006, 06:03 PM
My buddy has this quad and he has benn getting a belt alarm lately.. 1 reason is his seals on the motor went and sprayed oil on the belt and caused the alarm cause the belt slipped... we have been dealling witrh this problem for weeks now .. they replaced the seals 2 times.. this is turning into a joke... we just got the quad back the other day after trying to ride this weekend .. we didnt go 6 miles and then the friggin belt alarm went off AGAIN .. And this causes the bike to not go over 10 miles an hour and have absouletly no BALLS at all... This time when we brought the bike back to the dealer they said at 300 miles.. or 300 hours im not sure which it is you have to bring the bike to the shop and have the reset switch inside the bike RESET ..By them.. Are you kidding me?Thius is a maintenace issue they told us...So my question is.. Is there any way around this stupid *** belt alarm.. If the belt breaks we dont care.. but we dont want to have tyo deal with this every 300 miles/hours... any help would be great...Ps Ths is a brute force 650 motor from kawasaki

Sleeper
06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Plop down $50.00 to $60.00 and buy the service manual. You should be able to reset it your self (I'm guessing). I know I can do all that stuff on my polaris but I had to buy the manual to see how.

Sleeper

atvtech1
12-12-2006, 04:08 PM
there is a reset connector kit you can buy from Arctic Cat to reset the light yourself which comes on of course if it detects a belt failure or even a stray thread hanging off the belt. It also comes on at 100 hours for routine inspection. I know where and how to reset this and can make the reset connector myself if anyone is interested email me, I dont get alot of time to check these boards often.

quad97
03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
first there was supposed to be an update sub wiring harness that plugs in to help that and it should be free from Arctic Cat. It is only a single little plugin that is used to reset the belt light. They are cheap and come with instructions and the procedure takes less than a minute. your dealer should be able to sell you one of these. There may be something more going on inside the motor if you have already replaced the seal twice. we have only replaced one seal in a 500 in our dealership since 2000.