PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Electrical

ELewandowski
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I have no idea whats wrong with my 400ex. It won't start, no spark at all. It did this a couple days ago, so i cleaned all my connections, and it started right up. Now today it wont start again. Anyone know what this could be. Has anyone ever had this happen. I dont even know where to start with electrical stuff.

TIA

Eric

johnsls
06-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Try doing a search.

ELewandowski
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I did, didnt help. Anyway its running, still have no idea. I dont know much about electrical stuff.

I have one question though. If your battery is low, can that cause no spark? Because it started when i had it hooked to a charger and clicked over to engine start on the charger.

BORY
06-13-2006, 07:41 PM
all of ur wires going to ur coil are connected? theres a black/red wire coming from around the battery a little down the line and a bigger red wire those have to be connected. nuetral safety switch working or the yellow and greens wires are connected? thats all i can think of right now.

ELewandowski
06-14-2006, 06:51 AM
i checked all my wires, the only 2 that are not connected are the 2 that were for my taillight. Should wire them together to complete the circuit, or do they not matter?

BORY
06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
i cut all of the tail and headlight wires and then taped then all to look like stock sorta.

hondaguy2
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
it could be the battery do you have a voltage reader? if you do check the battery to see how many volts its at should be around 12 if its under by a few that might be enough to cause your problems