PDA

View Full Version : Is this showing my ignorance??

piccopower
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I have a 4 month old new 05 400ex, would it be stupid to trade it for a nice banshee or 250R, dont bash me if its that obvious I'm looking for good input, thanks guys.

guinness77
06-13-2006, 12:07 PM
They are different machines. The 400ex is one of the top 4 quads in the catagory of "reliability". It will loose in most races against other 400cc class quads. Honda put "reliability" a hair higher up on the prioroty list than "performance". The Honda is a 4 stroke and provdes predictable power output and reliable operation. It is a great quad and will do most of whatever you want a quad to do; especially a comfortable ride. (Ohhhh Yeahhhh!) It's very well suited to navagating the tight trails.

The Banshee will beat the living daylights out of your rear-end. But you can almost climb a tree with the thing. Expect short rides with lots of breaks. The Shee is a 2-stroke. As such, the accleration from it is breath taking. It rules the dunes and is a great racer. The 2 stroke is extremely demanding in the area of maintenance.

Ruby Soho
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
thats an awsome review

ride_red666
06-13-2006, 10:14 PM
i would get the 250r, there is alot of maitnence but wll worth it. it is an awesome machine with alot of power. but it depends what kind of riding you wanna do. i would buy a 250r if i could afford to.

sean94z
06-14-2006, 05:30 PM
If you ride dunes get the 250R. If you ride trails then keep the ex.
If you are rich, buy them both, lol. My friend has a modded R, that thing hauls, I wouldn't mind havin one.