PDA

View Full Version : 2000 426ex for sale...needs work...cheap

FoxRacing81
06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Well, I am selling my 426ex. It needs some work....here are the details...

The motor is a fresh Ross 11:1 426 Piston, Hotrod H-D connecting rod, resleeved with an LA Sleeve, GT Thunder Heavy Duty Headstuds, Hotcam Stage 1, Cometic gaskets, and White Brothers Filter. The sidecases have been powdercoated a mini tex black whenever it was apart.
**The gasket where the 2 cases meet I think have started to leak. I got this back together, took it to the track just to ride around, and noticed it leaking from that area, but I have not checked it out further. It will probably need a new gasket, which will require taking most of the engine apart and having the cases split.** The motor still runs great, as I kept up with my buddies 450rs off of a practice holeshot we did (before I noticed it leaking)

The frame has been gussetted by me. The frame, and lower a arms have been painted candy blue. The subframe, upper a arms, steering stem, and swingarm have been painted black. The one footpeg area has been repaired of a small crack and has also been repaired from a bolt being cracked off from riding. The hole where the bolt goes has been made many sizes bigger, and now has a big heavy duty bolt that should never crack off just on the one side.

The footpegs are off of a set of Magnum Pro Peg nerfs. However, the mounts on the footpeg for the webbing to go through have snapped off from riding, so I have just taken the nerfbar part off, and left the footpegs. It will need new mounts welded on or new footpegs/nerfs. It will also need new webbing for the nerfbars.

The handlebars are Factory 909. It has a KX125 killswitch for the start button. It also has a new

The plastics are in so/so shape. Probably could use a new set. The fronts are race cut. They are attached to the frame mainly by zip ties due to missing hardware mainly just from riding. This quad does not have any headlights though, but I have made a little grill thing for where they are supposed to go.

The suspension is stock in the rear of the quad, but it has 450r front shocks on stock a arms. The front tires are Bandit XC on ITP .190 rims. The rears are Holeshot XC on stock rims. It could use a new set of tires though.

I have a couple extra parts anyone who buys is welcome to have. I have a thick skidplate for it that I never put on, a set of air scoops, and a PEP Steering Dampner that may need rebuilt for it as well.

I am asking $2,000 or best offer. Trades are welcome, but I will probably not accept unless I see something that strikes my interest. This quad will need some work, as posted above, before being able to ride a lot. It would be a perfect project quad. I have posted every problem with it above, so that nothing comes to suprise. My reason for selling is so I can put money towards a Powdercoating oven.
I am located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Thanks,
Justin

Hyperwarrior22
06-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Shoot some pics over to Tlong80@gmail.com im located near allentown

FoxRacing81
06-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Bump....

Hyperwarrior22
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Can you send me some pics im really interested

tlong80@gmail.com

FoxRacing81
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry, I guess I should have posted this...

I don't have a working camera at the moment, but I am trying to get one off a friend to post some pictures. So I hope to have some pics in a few days. Sorry about that.

HICKatvRACER17
06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Do you still have this quad? Could you send some pictures to snowmobile_freak202@hotmail.com
thank you.

Hyperwarrior22
06-16-2006, 02:11 PM
ok sounds ok just shoot me a pm when you have pics

FoxRacing81
06-19-2006, 11:23 AM
bump....still no pics yet guys, sorry...i've been trying...

Would be very interested in maybe trading for a 250r that is wrecked/parts quad/frame+cash...let me know what ya got.