PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey: ALL-TERRAIN VANDALS

rpyfz450
06-13-2006, 06:53 AM
ALL-TERRAIN VANDALS

$40K in damage; company offers reward
Posted by the Ocean County Observer on 06/10/06 BY DON BENNETT STAFF WRITER

TOMS RIVER — Vandals used all-terrain vehicles Thursday night to get into the Fisher Brothers Sand and Gravel plant off Northern Boulevard, where they did $40,000 worth of damage, including using one earth-moving machine to damage and bury another.

The company is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandals, according to Robert Bethanis, who manages the business.

He said despite posting "no trespassing" signs, off-road vehicle operators are on the remote property in Pinewald "almost daily."

"It's not so bad if they didn't damage stuff. Sure, they cost you money by tearing up the roads," he said.

Thursday night's episode is the worst instance of vandalism at the sand plant, he said.

"There were ATV tracks all over," he said.

Police followed them as part of their investigation.

Bethanis said the vandals got one big machine running, used it to partially crush a truck, and then damage and bury a smaller front-end loader.

It happened between 5 p.m. Thursday, when the last worker left the plant, and 5:30 a.m. Friday, when the first worker arrived there.

Bethanis said the owners of the adjoining Johnson property have posted a security guard in an attempt to keep the off-road vehicles off that tract.

Homeowners are having problems with them, too, he said.

"It's constantly a problem, mostly during off hours," he explained.

Berkeley police officers, using ATVs of their own, have caught and prosecuted some of the trespassers, but the problems continue, he said.

Bethanis thinks tougher local laws and enforcement will help businesses like Fisher Brothers.

http://www.ocobserver.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/NEWS/606100310&SearchID=73247367018596

panteramatt
06-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Ill be the first to say it. Its punk ***** kids like that, probally alot on here, that have ruined this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

06-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by panteramatt
Ill be the first to say it. Its punk ***** kids like that, probally alot on here, that have ruined this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

i agree completely..i would lfind them, beat them, and THEN turn them in

Crazy lil punk
06-13-2006, 07:59 AM
this **** is f*cked up, they make us all look bad, even thought there are only a few badseeds in the sport. say goodbye to more riding spots

ltl666devil
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
nd this is why we have nowhere to ride in jerzey. f****N
a** holes

2k2-300exnj
06-13-2006, 11:20 PM
i havent posted here in forever but ill jump in to say a big F**K you to whoever did that :mad: :grr:

exrider44
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
What the hell is wrong with people. No wonder we keep losing riding areas. IDIOTS!

bananas
06-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Do they have cameras on site... Check the video to see if it was the ATV's or a bunch of a******s????

ducman998r
06-15-2006, 06:31 AM
My guess are that the ATV tradks ARENT from whoever wrecked everything. THeyre probably just trying to pin the damage on atv riders.... this really sucks. Kids these days are absolutely useless. When I was young the worst we ever used to do was start a big fire in the woods while we were hangin out drinkin some beers... but nothing like destroying million dollar machinery.

Mean250r
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
bunch of *** holes

DanTheMan
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
how do they know for certain that it was atv'ers... maybe theres been bad blood between the Fisher brothers and another company or somebody... im a 16 year old kid and for everyone to start callin out kids, and sayin how useless they are is a bunch of bull... i wont lie some kids are as stupid as they get now a days and it really sucks for the other half that arent "so dumb"

stock350raptor
06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Agreed some kids can be just as responsable as most of adults. some kids are proud of wat they have and dont treat it s***ty. I would love to find more places to ride so i aint tearing up s***.

THESE PEOPLE THAT DID THIS NEED A GOOD OLD FASHION A** WOOPIN!!

But please dont blame kids. We get enough blaming as it is.

mightyjavy
06-24-2006, 02:14 PM
THATS SOME ***** AS **** ****EN RETARDS, ****ING IT UP FOR ALL OF US, PEOPLE LIKE THAT NEED TO GET ****ED UP A FEW GOOD STOMPS TO THE FACE

IRONMIKE113
06-25-2006, 03:41 PM
i agree 100% too bad we couldnt' find them :mad:

Wildbrain
06-26-2006, 01:39 AM
OFF WITH THERE HEADS !!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss:

epop2357
06-28-2006, 12:07 PM
That is a very bad problem around Hammond, LA also. I gravel pit owner pulled a shotgun on us while riding down the ditch beside the highway, thinking we might be the ones who broke through a fence and played on his equipment and left his boats loose floating in the middle of his pond. They really make it bad on the rest of us trying to have a good time.

ohsobad_chevy
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Before too long, quads will be outlawed or there will absolutely no places to ride. This is ****ed up.

ny300exrider
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Before too long, quads will be outlawed or there will absolutely no places to ride. This is ****ed up. around me it has basically happened already.

ohsobad_chevy
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
around me it has basically happened already.

That sucks ARSE bro...All it takes is one dumbarse to mess it up for everyone else! :ermm:

johnsls
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
About two weeks ago I rode down in Toms River, at a quary,, not sure if its the same place but even if its not I can probally forget about going there anytime soon.

I don't recall seeing any backhoes like that, just huge dump trucks. Like I said though either way these punks screwed it up for everyone else.

:mad:

PinelandsRider
06-29-2006, 06:36 AM
i know who did it and it was kids on foot, not on atvs

ohsobad_chevy
06-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Why would they say atv's then. What would make them think that they were on atv's?? :ermm:

PinelandsRider
06-29-2006, 07:45 AM
because they saw atv tracks i guess? everyone i know has said it was the same people, not quadriders

johnsls
06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Not for nothing but since you know who it is you should get a bunch of riders together and scare the bezeesus outta them and then make them confess.
It might help just a little so everyone doesn't crack down on us riders.