PDA

View Full Version : whats up with the valves im my z

Defiant1585
06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
i just re adjusted my valves like 15 hours ago and now they tightend up again. any one have this problem? a way to stop it from happening? i am a bigger rider (6'6 250) my mechanic says its from the high rpm i run it at but there has to be a way to stop them from tightening up all every 15 hours

yellowzo3
06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
if you have aftermarket cams youll have to adjust them once or twice. better to be safe than sorry though. so id say its a good idea to adjust them if needed instead of saying the heck with it. so your doing the right thing...they just need to be adjusted after you get some new cams. im not sure about the rpm thing though ive never heard of that

Defiant1585
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
i had them done like 10 hours after they were put in. then i had them done again like 30 hours after. now it has only been about 15 hours and there bad again i know you have to check them but this is kinda gettin rediculous it always happens before a race or dice run

yellowzo3
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
ohh i see. i thought this might have been its maiden run with the new cams or something. i know you still have to periodically check them but that seems too often. is your timing chain in good shape and is it the right tension? maybe that could be contributing to the problem.