PDA

View Full Version : .190's aren't as strong as I thought...

skemp
08-13-2002, 10:45 AM
I flat spotted all 4 rims pretty good from jumping the other day. I can hammer the dents back out pretty easily I think, but where is the cheapest place to get reinforcing rings? I tried calling the quadshop, but nobody answered.

tprender
08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
It might be cheaper to buy bead locks. After you buy the rings, what is it going to cost to get them welded on? Something to think about. Chgeck the cost of welding before you order the rings.

cdalejef
08-13-2002, 11:39 AM
If you called within the last hour I was out to lunch!:square We do have the rings. I would save some money and get some Hiper or OMF beadlocks if I were you. PM me for pricing.

racer_ex55
08-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Hey Jeff do you guys sell the rings for champion bead locks? I think one of mine is leaking because of a bend. I couldn't find any holes or cracks along the bead of the tire and that's where it's leaking from.

cdalejef
08-13-2002, 01:27 PM
Are you talking about the ring that the beadlock bolts to?

bermbanger400
08-13-2002, 02:34 PM
jeff do you sell just the beadlock kit?why i am asking is i weld alum. and would just like to buy the kit and weld them myself.

cdalejef
08-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Sorry, we sure don't. You may have to call champion of OMF direct to get it.

Ride400exj
08-13-2002, 04:13 PM
I know AcRacing sell them. dont know if they will sell them to you but i had my rims have beadlock on the outside and a ring on the inside put on for $120 i didnt have to have and shiping because i live about a hour away well worth the driver call ac racing up and ask

skemp
08-15-2002, 11:06 PM
I have a MIG setup and can weld aluminum, but I need a tank of Argon, and I have only welded a couple pieces of aluminum. I was thinking about having them welded locally, but don't know about prices. There is also the possibility of having somebody at work do them because we have a full metal shop, but it is pretty busy right now. I will look into the prices, and if it makes more sense to buy beadlocks, I guess I will. Jeff, I wll PM you.

airheadedduner
08-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Where can I get a beadlock kit like you guys are talking about???? I just have to have it welded to my wheels is all right??? My dad's friend is a fabricator and can weld aluminum. In fact he welded my rear wheel when I ripped the center out of one of my .160s

harebounder
08-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Champion and omf sell the kits but you will have to send your rims to them they said they have to install them. I got rings from james lucky only place i found that had them and would sell them to me. Having my friend weld them in. They fit pretty nice rims have to be in good shape. Or you will have to do some fabricating first.

bermbanger400
08-17-2002, 08:21 AM
yeah them places are ripping everyone off.they charge us about 50 bucks a wheel to weld them on.about 10 mins. of welding per wheel.:)but i guess if noone will sell you the beadlock kits guess you have no other choose.

JTRtrx250r
08-17-2002, 09:04 AM
you guys would be better off in the end to just buy beadlocs,I know they're $pendy but its better than gettin hosed by ppl that might do a $hitty job and charge ya for it