PDA

View Full Version : 40mm FCR on 05 450r jetting questions....

bpimpdaddy21
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Ok, I have a couple of questions on my fcr that I recently put on my 05 450r. First of all I had the "bog" that alot of the FCR's had. I installed the quick shot and it almost cured it, and planning to put a smaller leak jet in. So no problem there really, as it is virtually gone.

My big question is the quad seemed to run great, but the top end pull from the old carb just didn't seem to be there. My jetting right now is at 168 main, 45 pilot, 55 leak, 1 3/4 turns fuel screw, NYCQ needle 4th clip. I have HRC Cam, Rossier short can, K&N, EHS lid, and dynatech. I know what I need to do to get rid of the bog, and everything from off idle to mid-range feels great, but the top end seems to be lacking. It doesn't sputter or anything, just doesn't seem to rev out like it should or how I want it to, especially in a small hill climb.

I know I probably need to change the main jet, but I am not sure if I should go richer or leaner. Like I said there is no bog or sputter, just feels like it could be better on the top end. Thanks in advance for the help!

Unicam450r
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I have a 40mm fcr carb off an 03 CRF on my 2004 450R. I had it dynoed in order to jet it properly. I have a 165 main, 48 pilot, stock needle on last clip position. This setup ran great until my carb screw fell out and now... I get it right again. Mine has a pop on the top end just on the decel. only thing i can tell you is good luck.. these carbs seem to be more of a pain in the ***** then good. work great when they're straighted out but tuning sucks.

Unicam450r
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I have a 40mm fcr carb off an 03 CRF on my 2004 450R. I had it dynoed in order to jet it properly. I have a 165 main, 48 pilot, stock needle on last clip position. This setup ran great until my carb screw fell out and now... I get it right again. Mine has a pop on the top end just on the decel. only thing i can tell you is good luck.. these carbs seem to be more of a pain in the ***** then good. work great when they're straighted out but tuning sucks.

what year of carb do you have?

bpimpdaddy21
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Unicam450r
what year of carb do you have?

I have the carb off an 06 crf450r...

bpimpdaddy21
06-13-2006, 05:03 AM
bump

motox450
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
I have an 05 trx with a FCR off an 02 CRF. I have a sparks filter kit, stage II hotcam, dr. d slip on. I have no bog at all and I am running a 178 main, with a 50 pilot 2 turns out on the fuel screw. It runs like a top. I have a pop on decel every once and a while, and absolutely no bog. I also did some adjusting on my accel. pump squirt timing. With patience these carbs are not any more difficult to jet than any other carb. You just have to be willing to take the time to get them right.