PDA

View Full Version : Help! Thumb Throttle

Lablatt
06-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Can someone post a picture of the inside of the thumb throttle assembly? Im confused how the spring sits in there. If someone could either link me to a thread, or post up a picture, I would really appreciate it!

hotrodbelair
06-12-2006, 07:22 PM
you dont need the spring in there. ive ran mine like that for months havent had a single problem.

Lablatt
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I need the spring in there, I was riding it across the lawn and my throttle stuck, its a good thing I wasnt doing 50+ and had to stop real quick.

Still need the picture, thanks!

hotrodbelair
06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
if your throttle got stuck it cant be from that little spring dont realy do anyting. is your throttle hard to push in. i think your cable is either junk or its binding up somewhere i had that happen before.

brian-250
06-12-2006, 08:28 PM
check the spring on the cable in the carb, sounds like it bound up somehow.

Lablatt
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Hrm..

Well I just put it all back together and it was my first ride around the lawn making sure everything was working alright. I noticed My clutch cable was sitting on my freshly ceramic coated header and melted some of the hose, but now thats out of the way..

So.. should I lube up my throttle cable, and check to see if its getting bound up or the spring in the carb is bad? It was running flawlessly before the tear down, perhaps it needs some adjustment.

Brian, would you mind telling me where to check for the spring in the carb?

Thanks!

brian-250
06-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Sure, remove plastic, tank and heat shield between tank and head, trace the cable back to the carb, unscrew it and its right there.