PDA

View Full Version : Black Plastics ?

RidetheRed
06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
For those of you running black plastics. How Well are your plastics holding up after repeated trail riding? Any scratches more noticable on black than other colors?

fireburns99
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
black is naturally going to show more scratches than other colors. But IMO they look better, so i think its worth it. Mine are holding up fine, there are some noticeable scratches where my boots hit, but other than that they are pretty clean.

Burnt12
06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
i only ride in the sand with mine and they are horrible.

i put some clear stickers over where my pants and boots slide and they has kept alot of the scratches away from there.

ps. they were deffinatly a big disapointment in my mind. definately wish i woulda went white. or maybe it was just the cheep maier i went with

Eddiesanders250
06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
^^^ Exactly im in the same boat hes in. I have black maiers and i only ride sand and wow they are scratched. I put a graphics kit to cover it up.

The clear stickers are a good idea. what stickers did you use, thats what i need.

bananas
06-13-2006, 06:34 AM
I have 250r 87 in black and a 450r 06 in black... They look good for a week... Black is tough color... I have Maier Red on my 250r 86 and they still look great...

Still love Black....

zedicus00
06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
i cleared a set of black plastics with a good automotive clear, it helped a ton and if u get a scratch then you can GENTLY buff it out. also dont hardly put any hardener in the clear or it will crack, if done right you wont even know the clear is there, it will bend and flex with the fender... the white ones on my 250R are cleared now and i cut part of one off to make room for a TRX-11 pipe and the clear never chipped or craked.